Diagnosis, Please Help

• Thread starter extremis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

extremis

I would get a pH reader, almost all of my issues thus far have been because my pH wasn’t right. If your pH is too high (alkaline) then the roots of your plant won’t be able to take up the nutrients leading to a defiency. Too low (acidic) then it can lead to toxicity. For being a “weed” cannabis is very picky.

I checked my ph with dr meter,

any opinion on this reader?

MissBotany

MissBotany

Yes i did

hmmmm. that's odd. i really do think your soil is staying too moist (the fungus is proof). Add some fans blowing on the pots to help dry it out more frequently. Then pay more attention to your water pH (get it to 6.8 after you add your nutrients). I can't offer much more help if you don't at least do that.

MissBotany

MissBotany

I just got a digital pH reader, literally came in the mail today. Before, I just tested with the liquid pH indicator and I wasn’t getting an accurate enough result which is why I ordered the digital. Just read the reviews, that’s how I picked mine out. This one had mostly positive reviews.

17EA5A54 E76F 46B3 94E7 9804F2F9AD0D
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
I just got a digital pH reader, literally came in the mail today. Before, I just tested with the liquid pH indicator and I wasn’t getting an accurate enough result which is why I ordered the digital. Just read the reviews, that’s how I picked mine out. This one had mostly positive reviews.
Nice. Those drops are impossible to read for me. I don’t ph anymore but, you know.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Water ph is hard water below 60, ph neutral 7 about according to the city chart.

The soil mixed is one for organic growing, i grow with it last time, and everything went fine i think...i don't know what's wrong with it.
Get a ph meter brother or get some ph strips from local pet supply for aquatic use.
Check the ph of the water before watering and after you collect some runoff. See what that’s like. I think it’s lockput combined with over watering. I been there myself. Like everyone says, let her dry up a bit. And then follow suggestions and see what shakes in about a week.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Your soil looks too dense to me, not enough aeration coupled with a tad overwatering gave me serious root problems one time, i will agree with the people saying let it dry. If you have any kind of root enhancer i would use that with my next watering at half dosage, also heard some aspirin kick starts the plants immune system, i am currently using it, can’t give any scientific results but at least it doesn’t hurt the plant. I am sure of that. Maybe you can crush 300mg aspirin for a gallon of water. Hope it gets better.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Initial reaction is to panic but let me tell you from experience that you don’t want to make too many changes too quickly or else you may end up making the situation much worse. Just take it a step at a time. Let them dry up a bit. Maybe test the soil and report back your findings. Just don’t do anything drastic.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
How much was that? I need to get another one

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Initial reaction is to panic but let me tell you from experience that you don’t want to make too many changes too quickly or else you may end up making the situation much worse. Just take it a step at a time. Let them dry up a bit. Maybe test the soil and report back your findings. Just don’t do anything drastic.
I totally agree, anything i say comes from a newbie and should be taken with a grain of salt. Just throwing it out there, going step by step is always better but i am not a patient man and pay the price often :D

E

extremis

Water pen work well??..i thought you needed a soil ph tester, only those one were working with soil...no?

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Water pen work well??..i thought you needed a soil ph tester, only those one were working with soil...no?
No those probes are actually worse than drops ime, ph pen is good. You can ph your water, measure your runoffs etc.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
but how do you ph your soil with it?
I am not sure what you want to know but you can first do a slurry test. Then make corrections accordingly. Since you had a premixed medium and added lime it may have high ph and if you aren’t supplementing any aacts to establish a good micro heard than your plants are probably aren’t getting any micros. Just a theory, you have to test it first. Your water is 7 by city chart but what you are getting from your tap could be different, also if you have ph 7 water i wouldn’t use any lime on top of that.

E

extremis

What was the reading you got with that meter?

the thing is, i have no way to know if it's broken or accurate....i'll need to go buy stripes tomorrow and try to see if he give me an accurate reading or not

Latest posts

Top Bottom