Did I Top Correctly?

• Thread starter KaptainKush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Whitesnake

Whitesnake

Throw up a pic and I can get a better idea of whether you might want to step up the nitrogen a bit

KaptainKush

KaptainKush

Since youre also using GH products, what would you recommend using to increase nitrogen? If yellowing is the case

Whitesnake

Whitesnake

If you want to stick to GH I'd say FloraNova Grow 1 part just for ease of use, which is a 7-4-10 complete nutrient (it has all the micro nutes and some calmag and you could feed ONLY FloraNova Grow for veg and it'd get all the nutes it needs). If you want ONLY nitrogen then I'd recommend Humbolt's Verde which is 15-0-1 or something. Just make sure to go easy on the nitrogen, nitrogen is the easiest to overdose on.

KaptainKush

KaptainKush

I appreciate all the tips man. I really do. Im going to look into that mildew in the am. I didnt notice any white powder when i looked at them but noe that i know what to look for ill notice something.

Whitesnake

Whitesnake

I think you're fine lol, just a possible minor nitrogen deficiency if that.

The mildew or mites are just something to keep an eye out for in, make sure your RH is below 70% and there's some air movement and you won't have a mildew prone environment. Leaves should be rustling and what not.

I'm happy to help man, I made my fair share of mistakes with my first 2 grows although I still ended up with a bumper first crop and a tasty second crop. For my own shameless self promotion I'm going to share a pic or two of my current 3rd crop, I'm ecstatic with how it's growing. Day 23 from 12/12 flip

Good luck and don't stop learning man! It's such a fun process
Grow 3 day 22 flower 24

Grow 3 day 22 flower 23
Whitesnake

Whitesnake

Grow 3 day 22 flower 23 FIM example
Also to get back to the original intent of the thread, the plant in the bottom left corner of the full tent picture is the result of FIM. Notice how there are 5 top nodes. I only FIMed the plants with stretching top node. Pretty much all the other ones were let be, I think I FIMed/topped a few others but the one I circled is a perfect example of the results of topping.

Whitesnake

Whitesnake

How many days are you into your grow? From seed.

These are all clones. I vegged them for about 5 weeks- until my grow space was almost filled out with plant- and then flipped them into 12/12. So 35veg+23flower=58 days since I got them, if you want to guesstimate from seed add another week or two so 65-72 days from seed would be a good guesstimate

Whitesnake

Whitesnake

F1 seeds (first scion of two stable breeding strains) grow more vigorously once established but between germination and early seedling you can add about a week to your grow time for the same sized/health plant

fatawa

fatawa

Ya u toppd.leaving a lil growth is fim.soon it will scab over n bottom branches will explode higher then cut area

KaptainKush

KaptainKush

I went ahead today and took some pitcures for yall with the LED off so maybe yall may see something i dont. There is one i am a tad bit concerned about. It has some shriveled looking leaves. Its circled so yall can see what im talking about..
PicsArt 08 07 055425

20170807 173634
20170807 173510
20170807 173522
20170807 173540
20170807 173623
KaptainKush

KaptainKush

If anyone is wondering the strains, they are white widow, blue dream ,jack herrer and amneisa haze. Amnesia is the one im worried about with the shriveled leaves

Latest posts

Top Bottom