Contact Us
Want to advertise here? Contact us today to begin

Difference Between Genotype & Phenotype

Discussion in 'The Breeders Lab' started by jumpincactus, Dec 19, 2018.

1. jumpincactus

jumpincactus Premium Member Supporter

Had to pull this article up to settle a argument with a homey who was adamant that geno and pheno meant the same thing. And of course they don't. Heres a snippet and the link for the entire explanation...….. Enjoy

Genotype vs Phenotype

Genotype and phenotype are terms used to differentiate between the genetic makeup of an organism and the way it expresses itself. There are interesting differences between the two terms. Let’s find out what they are:

A genotype refers to the actual set of genes that an organism carries inside. When these genes are expressed under observable conditions, they are called phenotypes and the expressions are called phenotypic expressions. Interesting, isn’t it? Wondering how they are different? After all, how can a man be different from the genes he has inherited?

The fact is, phenotypes are dependent on the genes they inherit. However, their expression is also influenced by environmental factors. The influence of the environment modifies the role that the genes play to a certain extent. The expression of the genes, modified by environmental factors, produces a phenotype.

A genotype basically determines the type of traits that a phenotype can have. For instance, the genotypic traits of an organism will determine his susceptibility to a certain disease. However, the phenotypical aspect of the organism displays observable aspects of this disease. The symptoms related to the particular aspect of the disease, the presence or even the absence of such a disease are phenotypic expression.

http://www.differencebetween.net/science/difference-between-genotype-and-phenotype/

Omerta, greencraft, Jack og and 6 others like this.
  2. Jump school in session...
    As always awesome stuff Jump. I appreciate the share and link.
    Cheers my man.

greencraft, jumpincactus and JWM2 like this.
  3. JWM2

JWM2 Premium Member Supporter

What kind of idiot would argue with a jumpincactus?

4. Someone with an exoskeleton?

Omerta, Jack og and JWM2 like this.
  5. You showed him good job!

Jack og and JWM2 like this.
  6. jumpincactus

lol you slay me bro. Would be awesome to share some ganja with you sometime. jump school im still rollin…….. very good indeed.

You all have to check this out if you haven't ever heard it. My ole lady hit me up with it today. Hilarious take on a old Charlie Daniels tune. Get a good blaze goin, turn it up. The lyrics are awesome!!!!!!!

damn wont let me post it, so follow the link cause if you cant the devil gets your dope

greencraft, Farmer P, Jack og and 3 others like this.
  7. Remember that movie Twins with arnie and danny devito...same geno but different pheno ayeeeeee.

Omerta, Jack og, UncleRomulus and 2 others like this.
  8. CrimsonEcho

CrimsonEcho Premium Member Supporter

Nice info. Thanks for sharing man.

Jack og, jumpincactus and JWM2 like this.
  9. jumpincactus

:D My name is Cactus I am a cannaboholic, love to see my ladies ooze and smell so good. I am a sick man lol There we go I admitted I have a problem. :cool:

greencraft, JWM2, Jack og and 3 others like this.
  10. CrimsonEcho

Everyone has problems. You’re in a safe place mr. cactus :p

Oozing ladies doesn’t sound very appetizing but, again, no judgements here :)

11. I’m not sure what’s to do with this new information, but now I’ll have a conversation starter for Christmas dinner lol. “Hey grandma, ever see that movie twins?..”

12. Hehe. Would love to man. Let me know when you’re on east coast!

13. Always great information

UncleRomulus, JWM2 and Jack og like this.
  14. JWM2

JWM2 Premium Member Supporter

Hey speak for yourself! Ha! :)

CrimsonEcho and UncleRomulus like this.
  15. Gotta make the ladies ooz lol

JWM2 and CrimsonEcho like this.
  16. CrimsonEcho

Feels unsanitary is all :p wouldn’t go for the ooze but drip is fine :D

UncleRomulus and JWM2 like this.
  17. jumpincactus

you dudes are too friggn much...……… You guys slay me...…… :D I just have a passion for the plant we all love so much. I am wrong or misguided more than you fellas know actually. But I love knowledge and spreading it around. Much love to all you guyz…….. Peace out

1diesel1, UncleRomulus, JWM2 and 2 others like this.
  18. jumpincactus

OMG upon reflection that may have sounded unappetizing, but I was speaking to the good ooze. Ya know the kind that makes you want to bury your face in that muffin. Cannabis muffin of course. :D

19. jumpincactus

Shit man I left that frosty snow shoveling place long ago and never looked back. Would however make an exception for you. :D Born and raised Portsmouth NH no more 40 below for this tired old azz...…….. :fire::fire::fire::fire:

JWM2 and CrimsonEcho like this.
  20. CrimsonEcho

Opening up is not easy for everyone. Motorboat that muffin, you earned it :D

jumpincactus and JWM2 like this.