Digital Electricity Useage Meters

• Thread starter rmoltis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SpiderK

SpiderK

can you keep seeds, small plants / clones " off site " .... ?

would limit damage if worst case happens.. they are looking for guys like my buddy running 2000 sqft basement stealing power .... but 2/3rds of total in veg or real small. like 150+ in illegal state. smart ? no ..... but hes been doing it for 6 years.

The Terps

The Terps

just saying man I know gamers who waste their lives on the x box or play stations and computers that roast way more than 900 watts. You can easily bump over 900 watts with a stereo system I bet. I wouldn't sweat. I've had e meters for years although I'm in Cali. You can pay a monthly surcharge to keep your old meter probably though. My buddy did that for "health" reasons lol

U

ugmjfarmer

900 watts and your worried??? I'd not loose a wink of sleep over that. When I did a panel swap they put a digital meter on my last house and my power bill went down. They even inspected the grow and gave it a code approval. 900w is a consumer electronics device. Or a computer. No way it would raise enough flags to do that.

The real reason why they are installing these meters is for remote billing reasons. It costs money to have a person read each meter each day. They will likely implement a data network on the power lines which allows them to monitor usage as well; but their ultimate goal in monitoring usage is to do away with illegal power taps and more effectively bill people while preparing for future high usage by patterns on the entire grid. It allows a self healing grid as well once the whole system is installed.

If you're not stealing power why worry? again; 900w is nothing. It's less than typical heater or air conditioner. Your not going to make a big enough dent in usage patterns to show that grow. However a guy with 10,000w will show up; sure. Not going to change anything if there isn't 10,000w of loss on the lines showing from MDMS10002 installed down the road on the pole.

Top Bottom