H

HumbleNewbie

Discolored leaves 4wks into veg
Discolored leaves 4wks into veg 2
indica 4 weeks in veg
7 gal geopot
35% supersoil base with remaining 65% happy frog, stonington mix
No nutes other than urb naturals, fish shit,
Applied compost tea of castings, fish and kelp, blood and bone and some alfalfa meal
Watering about every 3 days or so but trying to avoid runoff
Temp avg 83, rh avg 58, co2 1300 ppm
SPYDRx Plus at 95% 12” above canopy
Water is filtered by small boy carbon not full ro
I’ve tried cal mag 2 days ago added to ph’d water at 6.2
Runoff tested before last watering at 6.9
Using vinegar as ph down
Thanks for any input

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
magnesium deficiency or possible iron defish.

Magnesium deficiency usually starts in the middle of the plant and spreads to the younger leaves. Leaves turning yellow, or even white, with the veins remaining dark green is the best indicator of Magnesium deficiency and can best be cured by spraying with a 2 percent Epsom salt solution.

I use 1 teaspoon per gallon of water

Pale leaves with dark green veins are indicative of Iron deficiency and can be fixed by foliar feeding with a organic fertilizer containing Iron.

H

HumbleNewbie

Magnesium deficiency usually starts in the middle of the plant and spreads to the younger leaves. Leaves turning yellow, or even white, with the veins remaining dark green is the best indicator of Magnesium deficiency and can best be cured by spraying with a 2 percent Epsom salt solution.

Pale leaves with dark green veins are indicative of Iron deficiency and can be fixed by foliar feeding with a organic fertilizer containing Iron.
Thank

thank you very much I’ll give the epsom a shot

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I think the roots are blocked of magnesium and it is advancing. The ridges show overwatering and perhaps too much nutes in the soil.

There would not be a lack of mag in amended soil.

I dont even add anything but water to ocean forest alone for up to 6 weeks. Or I get similar problems.

H

HumbleNewbie

I think the roots are blocked of magnesium and it is advancing. The ridges show overwatering and perhaps too much nutes in the soil.

There would not be a lack of mag in amended soil.

I dont even add anything but water to ocean forest alone for up to 6 weeks. Or I get similar problems.
How would you recommend correcting?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

How would you recommend correcting?

Let the pots dry out real light. Like alarmingly light. It’s hard to do at first but unless they wilt they are not too dry. With a probe style moisture meter I like to see the meter point to dry 3/4 the way down the soil as a reference. Also can fill a pot with dry soil and feel the weight to compare.

Then water only to 20% runoff to help clear the roots. Then patience again and watch the plant. I would do it with the others too.

H

HumbleNewbie

Let the pots dry out real light. Like alarmingly light. It’s hard to do at first but unless they wilt they are not too dry. With a probe style moisture meter I like to see the meter point to dry 3/4 the way down the soil as a reference. Also can fill a pot with dry soil and feel the weight to compare.

Then water only to 20% runoff to help clear the roots. Then patience again and watch the plant. I would do it with the others too.
Thank you

Schnauzer

Schnauzer

More cal/mag. Your plant doesn’t look all that bad. I use a “super soil “ also. BUT I do fix my cal or mag deficiency with GH cal/mag. 1tsp per gallon maybe 1.5 tsp. Give her 2 solo cups of that in ph’d water at 6.8 and I bet you will see a good change. FYI I don’t like happy frog but love ocean Forest

Dunge

Dunge

I have read all the responses, and I'm wondering why calcium deficiency has not been mentioned.
The idea of an Epsom foliar might help, but I'd add some calcium chloride in there just because.
I'm thinking this only because I am led to believe that calcium is not easily transported by the plant, so soil additions may not help.
As to the source.
pH lockout?
Just can't think what else.

H

HumbleNewbie

More cal/mag. Your plant doesn’t look all that bad. I use a “super soil “ also. BUT I do fix my cal or mag deficiency with GH cal/mag. 1tsp per gallon maybe 1.5 tsp. Give her 2 solo cups of that in ph’d water at 6.8 and I bet you will see a good change. FYI I don’t like happy frog but love ocean Forest
Thank you very much

H

HumbleNewbie

I have read all the responses, and I'm wondering why calcium deficiency has not been mentioned.
The idea of an Epsom foliar might help, but I'd add some calcium chloride in there just because.
I'm thinking this only because I am led to believe that calcium is not easily transported by the plant, so soil additions may not help.
As to the source.
pH lockout?
Just can't think what else.
Calcium Chloride added In what form? Also how do you recommend I work through the lockout in supersoil? Should I try to flush? I appreciate all feedback.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
I actually have suite leaf cal mag.
We got away from suite leaf, their multi component system sucks ass. Plus the change for veg to flower doesn’t account for any ni, so if you are using this , keep veg into flower feed. If not at week 4 , u will have short stunted yellowed out plants. We kicked them to the curb.
Jungle ferocious is what we use predominantly now.

Schnauzer

Schnauzer

I love fabric pots. Careful when watering, remember you have a large rootball in there hopefully surrounded by nutrients in the soil. If you water to fast the water runs right down the side of the pot and out.... try to water the center slowly. It helped me to tap into that part of the plant. Just a tip

H

HumbleNewbie

We got away from suite leaf, their multi component system sucks ass. Plus the change for veg to flower doesn’t account for any ni, so if you are using this , keep veg into flower feed. If not at week 4 , u will have short stunted yellowed out plants. We kicked them to the curb.
Jungle ferocious is what we use predominantly now.
I haven’t ran any nutes at all. I just picked up the cal mag to try and correct this issue but I haven’t run any veg nute thus far. Thank you for the info..

H

HumbleNewbie

I love fabric pots. Careful when watering, remember you have a large rootball in there hopefully surrounded by nutrients in the soil. If you water to fast the water runs right down the side of the pot and out.... try to water the center slowly. It helped me to tap into that part of the plant. Just a tip
Thank you very much.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
This is very helpful, thank you!
and again I was suggesting it may be the conditions I took a poke at. I cannot say for sure it is mag or iron defish, just comparing your pics to deficiency charts and it appears to look similar.

Top Bottom