Dispensary And Recreational ?

• Thread starter hawkman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hawkman

Heard that in the US - specificaly in the state of California were marijuana has become legal for recreational use. One can't purchase marijuana in a Medical Marijuana Dispensary unless you have a doctor's rerference? any truth to this

Last edited by a moderator:
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
That's not possible, to the best of my knowledge we don't have a single licensed/permitted recreational retail outlet yet in California. Let me do some searching.

In the meantime, there is no logical or real reason that you won't find the same quality via a recreational outlet vs medical.

Newp, no recreational outlets as of yet (that I can find!). I will keep searching.

H

hawkman

That's not possible, to the best of my knowledge we don't have a single licensed/permitted recreational retail outlet yet in California. Let me do some searching.

In the meantime, there is no logical or real reason that you won't find the same quality via a recreational outlet vs medical.

Newp, no recreational outlets as of yet (that I can find!). I will keep searching.
Many think once something is "legal" it's good to go -- wrong - a lot of behind the scene's work has to be done but in the "long-run" it's all worth it in the end !!!!!!

Tank707

Tank707

Legal just means you won't get in trouble possessing less than 1 oz (28.5g or less) by law enforcement. Where I'm from even if you don't have your cars a cop won't make a fuss over a small amount of flowers. I do personally feel that we will fallow oregons footsteps on the regulations of Rec/Med Cannabis. When visiting there the dispensaries were divided into rec area and med area. Rec only allowed to get an 1/8th or less of flowers, x amount of prerolls. Med can have edibles oils tinctures, etc. rec's thc% topped out at like 12% I believe at the few places I went to.

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

Amount just went up recently in OR. 1 oz for REC and 5 grams oil limits now instead of the old 1/4 limit and 1 gram oil limit. Everything takes time, took like 6 months before medical could start selling rec over here. Then additional few months before the taxes all started. This industry (legal) is still in it's infancy, state to state more or less but as a whole it's very young. The novelty of buying cannabis in a dispensary is what makes this industry, the consumer. Just be prepared for some outrageous prices for Rec when it first starts up, the owners initially hold the key to the price, prices range shop to shop, how greedy the owners are.

H

hawkman

Amount just went up recently in OR. 1 oz for REC and 5 grams oil limits now instead of the old 1/4 limit and 1 gram oil limit. Everything takes time, took like 6 months before medical could start selling rec over here. Then additional few months before the taxes all started. This industry (legal) is still in it's infancy, state to state more or less but as a whole it's very young. The novelty of buying cannabis in a dispensary is what makes this industry, the consumer. Just be prepared for some outrageous prices for Rec when it first starts up, the owners initially hold the key to the price, prices range shop to shop, how greedy the owners are.

Thanks a-lot for you information !!!! PEACE just think if was legal in all states - WOW !!!!

Brazloko

Brazloko

Same here in boston MA,is now legal to own,to plant,but you can only buy at the few medical dispensaries with a canabis medical card.

Grab

Grab

I know of a few places that will accept you with no doctor's rec you just need a id or drivers license.. Most of em downtown..are you in LA?

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Old thread I know, but I wanted to try this before I grew it (pricey seeds from Crockett)..
Always thought the name signaled newbie alert, but it really is pretty nice smoke (head high)..Unfortunately their cure sucked as well as their flush! The store stuff in Nevada is always too dry and they do nothing to help..The worst $50 I have spent in a Long time..:cry:

Only went to that dispensary to check out their Rec side, and will not be going back..Those poor people are getting raped bigly time! (They are after the tourists as well as the many that don't grow.)
IMG 1024

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

Dispensaries are not for smokers, period. No difference between medical cept they tax you more for rec.

Dispensaries serve one purpose: youngsters buying garbage and selling it to high-schoolers who never smoked weed before and don't know it's not supposed to give you a headache and seize your windpipe like you just smoked some cured bondo. The industry isn't concerned with quality or medical value. I lived in an illegal state when CO went legal. Everyone started coming with the large variety of bullshit the same year, lol.

Youd think they'd at least make the shit taste good?

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Dispensaries are not for smokers, period. No difference between medical cept they tax you more for rec.

Dispensaries serve one purpose: youngsters buying garbage and selling it to high-schoolers who never smoked weed before and don't know it's not supposed to give you a headache and seize your windpipe like you just smoked some cured bondo. The industry isn't concerned with quality or medical value. I lived in an illegal state when CO went legal. Everyone started coming with the large variety of bullshit the same year, lol.

Youd think they'd at least make the shit taste good?
If you thought shops were gonna have good weed then you are nuts. All a shop will be is a mcdonalds... A cheap easy place to get crap. Can you spend more for a bomb ass burger somewhere else...YES....but McDonald's is convenient.

Ps.. i fuckin hate shops and all the money grubbin folk in the industry. They will sell. Bugs and mold and chems if they can get it by you and turn a profit.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

If you thought shops were gonna have good weed then you are nuts. All a shop will be is a mcdonalds... A cheap easy place to get crap. Can you spend more for a bomb ass burger somewhere else...YES....but McDonald's is convenient.

Ps.. i fuckin hate shops and all the money grubbin folk in the industry. They will sell. Bugs and mold and chems if they can get it by you and turn a profit.
Agree, but In Nevada, if/WHEN they get caught..Either a fine or even revocation of licenses is in their future.
I was in the Gaming industry here for years,(and went thru the Gaming License ordeal each time) and believe me, the Nevada Enforcement Agencies leave nothing to be the imagination..They are extremely efficient.
Nevada will do everything in its power to protect this new income stream. I mean everything and anything!!

I still use a shop to try a srtrain that I am interested in growing..

I saw that dispensaries here can only sell pre-packaged crap now..if true, another step backwards. (hard to believe it could get worse).
My 1st purchase from a legal MMJ dispensary was amazing..I thought I had gone to heaven..UNTIL I SMOKED SOME OF MY OWN STUFF later on..LOL
I saw this $$ and Tax crap getting worse, so I luckily decided to grow.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Another good reason for shops..variety for your planning process... I dont like shop clones either because they have a little trick. They have 2 phenos of "whateverthefuck".. One is great and one is ok... They grow the great one for bud sale and sell clones of the ok one...AND CALL THEM THE SAME. this is like you paying for a v8 and getting the sweet v6 model.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

They still don't sell clones or seeds here..(in shops anyway)..I hear about them selling bug infested clones down south though..

BTW..You are late for dinner once again..:p
Banana Nut loaf

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
They still don't sell clones or seeds here..(in shops anyway)..I hear about them selling bug infested clones down south though..

BTW..You are late for dinner once again..:p
View attachment 798519
Next time im around ill trade you food for gear hahaha..i just bought my new bike in Truckee last saturday

Latest posts

Top Bottom