Dispensing To Harborside In Oakland

• Thread starter Bulldog11
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Does anybody here dispense to Harborside? I read their website on what they want, but don't know if I should have my flowers tested before I try to sell? I know SC labs will give you a bar code that Harborside will scan. Do they prefer this, or would they prefer to test themselves?

Any other heads up would be great.

blood axe

blood axe

I am in oregon and have not dispenced to harborside, but i would recomend calling or going in and ask for a testing lab they recomend.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

I know they use SC labs. Just wondering if you should pay for the testing ahead of time, or if they will test it again anyway. The testing package I am looking at SC labs is over 3 grand. No reason to spend that money twice.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

If you want to dispense to them you will need to have strains they don't have and the unit must be immaculate: absolutely no shake or b buds. If you want to get reimbursed quickly then you should get it tested at sc. I know they have their own outdoor crops, so I assume they only want indoor right now. Good luck, it's like achieving the impossible when they finally buy something.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Bummer, I have plenty of outlets. However I don't like the thought of kids getting my product. When you sell to a dispencary, kids shouldn't be able to buy it.

Anybody know how much Harborside will buy at one time? Best case scenario?

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

I'm not sure, probably no more than five of one kind but that's just my guess. There are plenty of other dispensaries that you could look into, a little due diligence and you should find a good store. My rule of thumb is to avoid fronting to stores, too many fly by night and sad stories.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Got any clubs you recommend? I was thinking Harborside would be an endless source once "in".

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

I would imagine that is new sellers. Once they have a constant grower, I bet cash is up front. They state on their website if your product comes back positive for pesticides or contaminants they will ask for their money back and return the product. They state that only happens 2-4% of the time. However I would imagine a visual inspection eliminates most of that.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

I would imagine that is new sellers. Once they have a constant grower, I bet cash is up front. They state on their website if your product comes back positive for pesticides or contaminants they will ask for their money back and return the product. They state that only happens 2-4% of the time. However I would imagine a visual inspection eliminates most of that.
Yes, if you could be "in" especially with the buyer I'm sure you'd be stoked, they pay up to 3 depending on the time but to my knowledge nothing is paid for upfront.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
They were on one of those pot tv shows and I saw they do consignment so if your shit comes up moldy or other pest problems they have you come pick it up.:) Dude was so bummed out on that show lmfao!

Blaze

Blaze

Don't front more than you can afford to loose. Selling to a club does not mean you are less likely to get screwed over. I've had a LOT more friends get ripped off by clubs than by guys on the black market. There are plenty of crooks in the club scene so be careful.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Don't front more than you can afford to loose. Selling to a club does not mean you are less likely to get screwed over. I've had a LOT more friends get ripped off by clubs than by guys on the black market. There are plenty of crooks in the club scene so be careful.

Totally agree. It's easier, faster, and most times more profitable to move product on the black market. However, this is going legal at some point. I would love to hitch a ride when things do become legal.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Once it goes legal in Cali, you will not be able to deal with the dispensaries directly anyways...State and local licensed grows operations will deal with the distributors and then the distributors will deal directly with the dispensaries...the clock is ticking, better hit that lick now or be ready to tuck into the state tax/licensing scheme...If not your going to be sitting on the sidelines...I am curious to see how it all shakes out when all the growers out there can no longer sell to dispensaries and dispensaries can no longer buy from the streets...I know what happened out here when we had the same change in the rules and it was crazy times.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I thought that the bills passed specifically disallow a vertically integrated business model. I haven't had a chance to really get thick into it yet, but IIRC the licensing structure is keeping sales separated from the growers. I don't recall a distributors license.

Jesus. This is gonna be fun.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

I am trying to find a seminar or two that I can attend to get up to speed with future laws and regs.

I guess either way I have to test my flowers. I sprayed nasty stuff on them before flower, and want to make sure it's clean.

500lbs Guerilla

500lbs Guerilla

I stopped with harborside after they told me there would be an 11 week turn around for reimbursement. This was years ago though, when they were still giving 4K for indoor OGs. Not sure how they are now.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

I thought that the bills passed specifically disallow a vertically integrated business model. I haven't had a chance to really get thick into it yet, but IIRC the licensing structure is keeping sales separated from the growers. I don't recall a distributors license.

I'm not sure about this. I believe that it may be going the way of Oregon where a person can hold every license, but I do know that the bill is keeping the small mom and pop grows alive with a progressive tax on output and production size, similar to the wine industry. Dale sky jones and dale grienger seem to be doing a great job and I really think this bill will be the most successful yet, with Oregonnot far behind.

Blaze

Blaze

Jesus. This is gonna be fun.

Distributors and transporters will be separate licenses from what I understand. Looks like it is structured very similar to how alcohol production sales and distribution is handled. You can't have a single company producing, distributing, and selling.

SB266 isn't set it stone yet and it is almost a sure thing that recreational legislation will pass next year as well which will also change things. It will probably be a few years before it all gets worked out in my opinion.

Top Bottom