Disposing Of Stems

• Thread starter StonedBlue
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SaltSpring

kind of curious what country you live in. In the city here, there are no such things as cams or sorters..it goes right on the truck compressed with a 1000 other bags that look exactly the same and straight to the landfill. Either you live in somewhere like sweden or a very small town where they need to export their trash and have to follow some kind of licensing rules is my only guess. The same company here handles over 2 million people. Wearing gloves and wrapping multiple times..I'd be half crazy to sweat seeing it go into the back of a garbage truck.
One of the major County's in California, well over 40,000 thousand residents, Also another in the Bay Area with a much larger population.
All the company's new trucks are equipped with the cameras, even one that watches the driver and road, plus they weigh each can before it goes in.
The driver who picks up my 4 yard bin at one of my facilities has to get out and watch everything that is dumped in personally. He said they have major issues with people dumping stuff they shouldn't, like oil filters, batteries, HPS bulbs. I talked with him tonight and he is required to carry a camera and take pictures of anything that looks illegal and give it to the boss, he wasn't sure where the owner
(My other friend) sends them.
Next time you talk with your carnage man, ask if there trucks are equipped with cameras yet, you might just be surprised.

BudBogart

BudBogart

Please don't dump plastic bags of stem anywhere. We can do better than that, and doing so just adds fodder for the people who like to villainize this plant and those who love it.
For a couple of plants snipping them into small twigs reduces them, the fresher, the easier.
If you can grow more than a couple plants, a small electric branch mulcher would make it all but disappear.

thunderfudge

thunderfudge

Breeder
get a 13 gallon kitchen garbage can with lid and chop your stems up and place your leaves inside fill it 1/4 full with water and pour 2-3 cups of bleach on it.keep pushing material down.it will liquefy into a green smegma in about a week.it smells and looks nothing like cannabis.lol

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Its organic, causing the material to MOLD and turn into a pile of nothing recognizable should not be very hard, You guys spend more fucking time trying to keep your shit from MOLD.. well do the opposite and mold the pile of shit you don't want, then dispose of the crap outside where it belongs ;)

Thunders got the right idea.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Its organic, causing the material to MOLD and turn into a pile of nothing recognizable should not be very hard, You guys spend more fucking time trying to keep your shit from MOLD.. well do the opposite and mold the pile of shit you don't want, then dispose of the crap outside where it belongs ;)

Thunders got the right idea.

Yup add it to your recycled organic living soil.

N

Nog

Composting it is good, even if you don't totally compost it it will still be hard to recognise as weed once it's rotted a bit and mixed in with lawn clippings and weeds etc.

Taking it and dumping it somewhere can be risky, as you could get stopped by LE on the way, or maybe someone will see you dumping it and report you to LE.

I think you are better not carrying it off your property, and if you are going to put it in a trash can then put it in someone elses.

StonedBlue

StonedBlue

Disabled Vet
Supporter
Lots of good ideas. If you live somewhere where burning/burying outside ect isnt possible its tougher but got enough ideas to accomplish. Thanks all.

xavier7995

xavier7995

Chop it up into manageable sized pieces and stick in a grocery sack, go to large apartment complex and toss in dumpster. Alternatively, toss handfuls of it out the window while driving in the country, do not stop to dump or toss bags, a handful of stems on a country road is just some sticks as far as anyone would care.

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
I like to bag mine up go and find a big apartment complex as they usually have dumpsters I park my car a few spots away and simply throw them in the apartment trash never had an issue

Deadsy

Deadsy

Depending on where you live burying just the plant matter(no plastic bags) works it breaks down pretty well over time. You can run it threw a chipper than spread it out in your yard or garden. Toss it off of bridge into a river ( no plastic bags). Kind of like disposing of a body. I make a brush pile with limbs and stuff off my property and burn it at like 2 in the morning so no ones up to smell it but I live in the sticks so not really a big deal. Good luck

Deadsy

Deadsy

Also if you have a pick up toss it in the back and haul ass down a dirt road with the bed down let it blow out everywhere. Lol you can tell I really live out in the middle of nowhere huh

N

Nog

I dumped some stems and trimmings into someone else's trash bin, and next day I saw the caretaker there with LEO showing them what had been put in the bin.
That was when I lived in an apartment block, so there were lots of bins together in the bin area, and they had no way of knowing which apartment the person who put them there lived in.

xavier7995

xavier7995

Hell I just chop it up, let it dry out completely and add it to my apple wood and smoke meat with it.

I'm country af though:D.
Place in denver just did that. They got told to stop after a news article ran about it, guess it considered an edible mj product and they didn't have a license.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Had a fox take out some of my chickens this winter and I had this handy so I hit him with a 3/8" nut in the ass with this bad boy. He almost dropped the hen.
IMG 20180425 095559

DGP

DGP

I time my harvests 3 days before garbage pick up. I put my dogs poop in the leaf/stem bags. I have 2 rotties that are about 150#@. They shot 3x more than I do. Have fun digging thru poopy leaves and stems. I'm also in a legal state.

Demon, nice one, made me laugh really hard.

Dee

Top Bottom