Diy Cabinet From Recycled Wood Coco Grow

• Thread starter Farmer P
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Farmer P

Farmer P

On my next harvest i think i'm throwing all the leftovers into ice hash. any tips man? I've never done ice water. Always did the old way with everclear and a good 30 second shake n strain.

I know you need to keep your icewater in the fridge and bud should be frozen...anything else?
I like to use the trimmed sugar leaves for ice water hash. One time I tried using buds and the yield wasn't as good as I was hoping for. For the buds I like the dry ice sift. Of course it will all work just try it out its pretty easy. The paint stirring attachment for my drill helped a lot this time. I used to use a cake mixer but I threw it away years ago so then I was just stirring with a spoon which works too but more work.

Farmer P

Farmer P

On my next harvest i think i'm throwing all the leftovers into ice hash. any tips man? I've never done ice water. Always did the old way with everclear and a good 30 second shake n strain.

I know you need to keep your icewater in the fridge and bud should be frozen...anything else?
Another thing is I do the buds with the dry ice after drying and curing. The trim leaves just get thrown in the freezer in big zip locs until I'm ready to go so they never dried out. Happy hash making!! :smoking:

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I like to use the trimmed sugar leaves for ice water hash. One time I tried using buds and the yield wasn't as good as I was hoping for. For the buds I like the dry ice sift. Of course it will all work just try it out its pretty easy. The paint stirring attachment for my drill helped a lot this time. I used to use a cake mixer but I threw it away years ago so then I was just stirring with a spoon which works too but more work.

I've never made any kind ice hash but using nitrogen would be way more appealing to me than water. I knew it was fine washing with a dilute H2O2 bath after harvest and it still made me cringe dunking them. I've seen Youtube videos of the way kief releases from surfaces using dry ice. It blew my mind and it really seems like the way to go. Weed is such a strange animal.

Does the dry ice technique produce a completely dry product or does it still pick up some moisture from the air during the process?

Farmer P

Farmer P

I've never made any kind ice hash but using nitrogen would be way more appealing to me than water. I knew it was fine washing with a dilute H2O2 bath after harvest and it still made me cringe dunking them. I've seen Youtube videos of the way kief releases from surfaces using dry ice and it blew my mind and it really seems like the way to go. Weed is such a strange animal.

Does the dry ice technique produce a completely dry product or does it still pick up some moisture from the air during the process?
It does pick up some moisture but not much. Always let your hash dry out before sealing it up. Ive had it mildew in a jar and had to trash it. The dry ice stuff dries much faster as it is barely moist to begin with.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

It does pick up some moisture but not much. Always let your hash dry out before sealing it up. Ive had it mildew in a jar and had to trash it. The dry ice stuff dries much faster as it is barely moist to begin with.

Thanks man. That answered my question perfectly.

brazel

brazel

That was a one gallon pot. Now their in I think about two gallon pots, not exactly I think their metric or something not sure. The plants are the ones in the picture a few posts up (two bubba girl clones and one seedling). They don't produce very big buds but they are fire. This is my first try at a scrogg and it's kind of sad looking. The net is too stretchy and already broke in a couple spots. I think next time I'll string the net myself instead of the cheap pre-fab net and make it nice and tight.
Word, sometimes I put holes in my container to tie them down or pvc and string. Did you break up or cut off some of the roots before transplanting?
Sad looking is ok, let's you learn... without experience you can't grow IMO (grow as in learning) cheers

Organikz

Organikz

Just a kick around. Maybe 2 ounces of trim and 10g of s jar I had misplaced anyway and found but didn't realize lol

Smells like blueberries...yum...NL5 hash.
Thanks @Farmer P

I'm sure you know the yields of #2 and #3. Shit makes your head rush. This is 73 micron.

20171207 222228
Farmer P

Farmer P

Word, sometimes I put holes in my container to tie them down or pvc and string. Did you break up or cut off some of the roots before transplanting?
Sad looking is ok, let's you learn... without experience you can't grow IMO (grow as in learning) cheers
I didn't cut the roots at all, but I loosened it up a lot by squishing the old container kind of back and forth until it loosened up a little then when I got them out of the pots they loosened up more on their own. The water pores through now so I'm ok. I put some hydroton in the bottom of the new pot to keep the roots from clogging the holes again. I'm sure I'll get better at scrogging if I keep at it. Thanks.

Farmer P

Farmer P

Just a kick around. Maybe 2 ounces of trim and 10g of s jar I had misplaced anyway and found but didn't realize lol

Smells like blueberries...yum...NL5 hash.
Thanks @Farmer P

I'm sure you know the yields of #2 and #3. Shit makes your head rush. This is 73 micron.
Right on brother. Looks great. Love me some bubble hash!! :cool:

Organikz

Organikz

Right on brother. Looks great. Love me some bubble hash!! :cool:
That's actually dry ice but i do a 73 micron then I run with a 120 and then I do a run with 220. Left to right. This 73 micron I like to call flashbang. When i take a hit I get a head rush and get a ringing in my ears but a huge anvil lands on you after that. Totally pinned. Staring into space drooling lol. All you can focus on is regaining consciousness lol

I also let the bucket sit an hour and did 1 more 220 shake and got an equal yield. Looks same quality. We call 73 blondie where i live.

I will take a little 220 to work but the blondie makes me useless lol.

20171208 075356
Farmer P

Farmer P

That's actually dry ice but i do a 73 micron then I run with a 120 and then I do a run with 220. Left to right. This 73 micron I like to call flashbang. When i take a hit I get a head rush and get a ringing in my ears but a huge anvil lands on you after that. Totally pinned. Staring into space drooling lol. All you can focus on is regaining consciousness lol

I also let the bucket sit an hour and did 1 more 220 shake and got an equal yield. Looks same quality. We call 73 blondie where i live.

Hell yeah! After the last run with dry ice was done I had room in my cabinet so I put the bucket in there so my plants could have the rest of the co2 as the dry ice evaporated. It lasted quite a while. Nice little treat for the ladies. Then off to the compost. Win win!

Farmer P

Farmer P

You know why it's called bubble hash right? Because it bubbles and melts under a flame. I'd bet that 73u stuff you made bubbles nicely! I like to put a little bit on top of bowls of weed. If the weed is not the best type from a known keeper putting that shit on top will make it taste like it is.

Farmer P

Farmer P

I didn't cut the roots at all, but I loosened it up a lot by squishing the old container kind of back and forth until it loosened up a little then when I got them out of the pots they loosened up more on their own. The water pores through now so I'm ok. I put some hydroton in the bottom of the new pot to keep the roots from clogging the holes again. I'm sure I'll get better at scrogging if I keep at it. Thanks.

For a little more clarification, the reason I like to do the trim in water and the buds in dry ice is that the dry ice will cause the leaves to break down into small enough particles that they will start going through the screens. The guy that told me how to do it said keep shaking until you see green coming out then you're done. With chopped up bud I don't get the green coming out like with leaves. The ice water is great for the leaves because it keeps them mostly whole so they wont go through the screens. Have a great day!

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

For a little more clarification, the reason I like to do the trim in water and the buds in dry ice is that the dry ice will cause the leaves to break down into small enough particles that they will start going through the screens. The guy that told me how to do it said keep shaking until you see green coming out then you're done. With chopped up bud I don't get the green coming out like with leaves. The ice water is great for the leaves because it keeps them mostly whole so they wont go through the screens. Have a great day!

Nice. Makes sense. I had been wondering about that.

Farmer P

Farmer P

Too long without an update. I took these pics 4 days ago, the lights are off now so this will have to do. The flower cabinet is chugging along getting frosty. The seedling didn't start budding until a couple weeks after the clones but too bad it will get chopped at the same time as I have no where else to put it and don't want to mix separate nutes for it. It's getting the PK with the others as yesterday was day one week 5. These buds don't get big, but they are some of the frostiest I've seen when finished. The next round babies have been manifolded except for one which I'm trying the fan leaf removal technique to compare with the ones flowering now. Some pics.

Under skirt
Big cabinet
Babies
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Too long without an update. I took these pics 4 days ago, the lights are off now so this will have to do. The flower cabinet is chugging along getting frosty. The seedling didn't start budding until a couple weeks after the clones but too bad it will get chopped at the same time as I have no where else to put it and don't want to mix separate nutes for it. It's getting the PK with the others as yesterday was day one week 5. These buds don't get big, but they are some of the frostiest I've seen when finished. The next round babies have been manifolded except for one which I'm trying the fan leaf removal technique to compare with the ones flowering now. Some pics.

Your girls look great, brother. That top pic looks almost like you main-lined em. Thanks for the update. I'm happy to see you doing well.

Farmer P

Farmer P

Your girls look great, brother. That top pic looks almost like you main-lined em. Thanks for the update. I'm happy to see you doing well.

Yes, I did a little mainlining on the two bubbas girl clones, but not on the seedling. I only made it to four tops and then was running out of time before flower so I let them go after that. I take clones right at flip and have to keep them small enough for 8 weeks. Figure a week or two to root then 6 or 7 weeks veg. If I didn't train they would have been huge. The mainlining slows them down well. The ones in the pink picture are all getting mainlined except for the one in the front left which I'm trying the fan leaf removal technique to make it a bush. I'll compare the yeilds on that to the mainline ones I'm running now.
Glad to see your ok too. :) You still having fun with that press?

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Yes, I did a little mainlining on the two bubbas girl clones, but not on the seedling. I only made it to four tops and then was running out of time before flower so I let them go after that. I take clones right at flip and have to keep them small enough for 8 weeks. Figure a week or two to root then 6 or 7 weeks veg. If I didn't train they would have been huge. The mainlining slows them down well. The ones in the pink picture are all getting mainlined except for the one in the front left which I'm trying the fan leaf removal technique to make it a bush. I'll compare the yeilds on that to the mainline ones I'm running now.
Glad to see your ok too. :) You still having fun with that press?

The press is working great. I've filtered the rosin well enough now to make some really smooth e-vape cartridges. Pressed close to a half lb of flowers so far. It's dialed.

Farmer P

Farmer P

The press is working great. I've filtered the rosin well enough now to make some really smooth e-vape cartridges. Pressed close to a half lb of flowers so far. It's dialed.
Nice! A guy I met that presses large quantities said he uses the pucks that are left over to make butter. I got a jar building up in the freezer so I may give it a try.

Top Bottom