Diy Cabinet From Recycled Wood Coco Grow

• Thread starter Farmer P
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bicky studs

bicky studs

Good catch. I got my terminology mixed up lol. My black mamba bushes are looking pretty right now. I had to take some more pics last night.
Last night I sneaked a little nug out of the mamba jar which has still got a ways to go curing. :drunk:
I took one bong rip and drank one beer and I was ripped lol. Good shit! :cool:

Here's a good pic of each one separately.
lookin healthy as, they luvin it in there

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

The source of the honey and process are most important... Local unpasteurized is best. Allergies, cuts and scrapes...cloning.

Make sure you check the labels closely. A lot of the companies import the honey and package locally, then call it local. Other ones say local and what they should say is local region, ie Nor Cal. I'm lucky. Totally surrounded by hippies and vineyards so the honey I buy from the grocery store is sourced only a few miles away. If you're using it for allergies, the closer, the better. Where I live the allergens can dramatically change with only a few miles difference due to steep elevations.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Good catch. I got my terminology mixed up lol. My black mamba bushes are looking pretty right now. I had to take some more pics last night.
Last night I sneaked a little nug out of the mamba jar which has still got a ways to go curing. :drunk:
I took one bong rip and drank one beer and I was ripped lol. Good shit! :cool:

Here's a good pic of each one separately.

Absolute beauties.

Farmer P

Farmer P

Doing some construction. I'm replacing the curtains with wood panels. The curtains seem to be shedding tiny fibers that look like hair. :mad:
Might have to hash the whole run. I don't want to smoke too many synthetic fibers from China. Other than that they look great. I did the one node at flip which was a mistake with these maybe. They seem like they could do 2 foot colas maybe more. In these little pots lol they almost dry out every day while I'm at work and I fill the trays to the max.

20180613 202001
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Doing some construction. I'm replacing the curtains with wood panels. The curtains seem to be shedding tiny fibers that look like hair. :mad:
Might have to hash the whole run. I don't want to smoke too many synthetic fibers from China. Other than that they look great. I did the one node at flip which was a mistake with these maybe. They seem like they could do 2 foot colas maybe more. In these little pots lol they almost dry out every day while I'm at work and I fill the trays to the max.

What about switching to dark shower curtains or is that what you're using? They shouldn't shed and they're made for moisture.

Farmer P

Farmer P

What about switching to dark shower curtains or is that what you're using? They shouldn't shed and they're made for moisture.
Maybe I'll check and see if I can find some black plastic ones, that might be cool. I already covered one side with wood and was planning to do the rest this weekend. I think the curtains will have better air flow, but I was thinking of putting blocks for spacers on the wood panels so the air can come in all around them but then some light would come in too. Black plastic shower curtains might be it. Time to get ready for work. Have a great day!

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Maybe I'll check and see if I can find some black plastic ones, that might be cool. I already covered one side with wood and was planning to do the rest this weekend. I think the curtains will have better air flow, but I was thinking of putting blocks for spacers on the wood panels so the air can come in all around them but then some light would come in too. Black plastic shower curtains might be it. Time to get ready for work. Have a great day!

You too man.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Black visqueen could work too.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Well, heck now that I think of it I have about 60 feet x 20 feet left of 6 mil black plastic. Maybe I could cover the openings with that, but I still would like some air flow. Poke some holes in the plastic? I'll have to think on it.

You can leave a good sise gap near the top and lap a short second piece a couple inches away to block the light and allow airflow. Leave another gap at the bottom.
20180615 104446

Farmer P

Farmer P

You can leave a good sise gap near the top and lap a short second piece a couple inches away to block the light and allow airflow. Leave another gap at the bottom.View attachment 808286

Ok so here's what I ended up with. I sorta did like you said, but I left the opening only at the bottom. It seems like a good plan cause it forces the incoming breeze down whereas most of the exchange usually happens through the open top. Its almost always breezy here. I checked it last night at lights out and it was plenty dark enough. Seems more roomy without the curtains billowing around. I'm digging it.
Less than 20 days to go. :cool:

20180616 083250
20180616 083733
20180616 083309
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Ok so here's what I ended up with. I sorta did like you said, but I left the opening only at the bottom. It seems like a good plan cause it forces the incoming breeze down whereas most of the exchange usually happens through the open top. Its almost always breezy here. I checked it last night at lights out and it was plenty dark enough. Seems more roomy without the curtains billowing around. I'm digging it.
Less than 20 days to go. :cool:

When I made my suggestion I was thinking interior room and the gap at the top was for a complete exchange with no stale air and no flow from above. What I've learned from my local grower friends is the room must be absolutely dark, not even a pinhole of light. Even the slightest gap can produce hermies where the light reaches. We were always watching for hermies along the corners of the greenhouse where the sides roll down. My neighbor wasn't careful enough and it happened to his girls along the edges. That may have been what caused my seeds on last year's grow.

Farmer P

Farmer P

When I made my suggestion I was thinking interior room and the gap at the top was for a complete exchange with no stale air and no flow from above. What I've learned from my local grower friends is the room must be absolutely dark, not even a pinhole of light. Even the slightest gap can produce hermies where the light reaches. We were always watching for hermies along the corners of the greenhouse where the sides roll down. My neighbor wasn't careful enough and it happened to his girls along the edges. That may have been what caused my seeds on last year's grow.

I've been keeping my eyes peeled for hermage and haven't seen any. The funny part is this little bubba plant hasn't hermed yet and all of the others from the pack did. Even the ones I grew inside and all of their clones hermed. (I even gave my friend some clones and they all hermed, his worse than mine) Maybe that was the best seed in the pack or my feeding habits are better IDK? When I roll on the top it seems almost pitch black in there, but after my eyes adjust there is quite a bit of light. Mostly green tinted light that barely comes through my thick tarp but you know plants hardly even see green light. It's a way better setup than I had last year as far as light leaks. I'll keep my eyes out still.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I've been keeping my eyes peeled for hermage and haven't seen any. The funny part is this little bubba plant hasn't hermed yet and all of the others from the pack did. Even the ones I grew inside and all of their clones hermed. (I even gave my friend some clones and they all hermed, his worse than mine) Maybe that was the best seed in the pack or my feeding habits are better IDK? When I roll on the top it seems almost pitch black in there, but after my eyes adjust there is quite a bit of light. Mostly green tinted light that barely comes through my thick tarp but you know plants hardly even see green light. It's a way better setup than I had last year as far as light leaks. I'll keep my eyes out still.

Different strains will have more/less tendency to herm. Just stay vigilant. My neighbor wouldnt have had a problem if he'd been paying attention. It takes time for flowers to bloom. He hadn't checked his plants in more than 10 days for them to produce pollen.

I think you got the Bubba with the good genetics. At least the portion that is resistant to cross dressing.

I don't think you'll have a problem considering how much time you spend with your girls. If they did herm you'd chop the offending braches immediately and fix the problem. I'm guessing you're in your garden at least once a day checking them over?

Farmer P

Farmer P

Different strains will have more/less tendency to herm. Just stay vigilant. My neighbor wouldnt have had a problem if he'd been paying attention. It takes time for flowers to bloom. He hadn't checked his plants in more than 10 days for them to produce pollen.

I think you got the Bubba with the good genetics. At least the portion that is resistant to cross dressing.

I don't think you'll have a problem considering how much time you spend with your girls. If they did herm you'd chop the offending braches immediately and fix the problem. I'm guessing you're in your garden at least once a day checking them over?

Yes I check daily. I also know exactly where to look cause they all got nanners in the same place mainly. They kick them out from the armpit where the bud attaches to the bigger stem. After I figured that out I would watch and pluck them off before they could open. (not the whole branch, just the balls) And it seemed like after I plucked them they wouldn't come back, like they tried to herm and I stopped it so they gave up lol. I'm not sure exactly how it works but like you said if you're vigilant and you can get all around the plant to get them it can be mitigated with these low sperm count hermers. My buddy grew some freebies on the other hand that were high sperm count and the tent was packed so he couldn't get to them to pick them off. They hermed so bad they ruined his whole room, even the ones in different tents so I definitely don't take it lightly. I don't have any pinholes or cracks where direct light can get in at all either.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Yes I check daily. I also know exactly where to look cause they all got nanners in the same place mainly. They kick them out from the armpit where the bud attaches to the bigger stem. After I figured that out I would watch and pluck them off before they could open. (not the whole branch, just the balls) And it seemed like after I plucked them they wouldn't come back, like they tried to herm and I stopped it so they gave up lol. I'm not sure exactly how it works but like you said if you're vigilant and you can get all around the plant to get them it can be mitigated with these low sperm count hermers. My buddy grew some freebies on the other hand that were high sperm count and the tent was packed so he couldn't get to them to pick them off. They hermed so bad they ruined his whole room, even the ones in different tents so I definitely don't take it lightly. I don't have any pinholes or cracks where direct light can get in at all either.

Wow, what happened to your friend sucks. My neighbor's don't take herms and males lightly. Every grower here knows not to let them go outside of isolation or they can make some real enemies. It was a big faux pas for my neighbor to screw the pooch like that. With so many greenhouses in such close proximity it's always a threat though.

I've read some of the new LED street lamps and house lights are causing herms on outdoor gardens. I dont know if it's true but seems plausible. If it is, that's messed up. I'd be pissed. rofl

Latest posts

Top Bottom