Diy Cabinet From Recycled Wood Coco Grow

• Thread starter Farmer P
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

The moral of this one is what not to do if your bird shits on you (and don't count your chickens before they hatch lol).

The story starts when I noticed some bud rot while trimming a plant last run. I'm pretty sure it was caused by the cover on my greenhouse with no extraction fans, so I decided to stop covering which caused my plants to re-veg. I thought the re-veg would be a good thing because it caused the buds to double in length. Wrong again! I ended up scrapping 90 percent of the grow so far (two five gallon buckets packed full) because it was too hard to trim. The thrips are to blame, but I think if it wasn't for the re-veg they wouldn't have had time to get so out of hand. My measures to curb them were fairly successful, but the damage was already done! They caused so many leaves to die all the way back that I would have to trim all the way down to the stem on all of it and I'm not willing to do that so into the compost it went. :drunk: One thing to note was that I didn't find a single caterpillar during trim and no cat damage either. That is good except the thrip problem is probably worse. I didn't use any pesticides the whole run again, but this time I think that was a mistake. Next time I'll spray hard all the way up to the start of flower and finish the crop in 8 weeks and I think I'll be alright.

That having been said I learned a lot and I have a nice little harvest still which I took the time to trim. I fast dried a nug of each and it got me high as fuck!! I am taking the black mamba a little longer, but here's what I saved from the cookies n chem and the tomahawk.

Those look gooood! Yum! Sorry about the Thrip trip.

After trying Nuke Em I really like it. Mostly citric acid so it doesn't screw with the flavor of the flowers like neem and Azamax. Can even spray right after harvest to prevent mold/mildew. Not as potent as Azamax so that will still be my go to for spider mites earlier in the season.

Farmer P

Farmer P

Those look gooood! Yum! Sorry about the Thrip trip.

After trying Nuke Em I really like it. Mostly citric acid so it doesn't screw with the flavor of the flowers like neem and Azamax. Can even spray right after harvest to prevent mold/mildew. Not as potent as Azamax so that will still be my go to for spider mites earlier in the season.

Right on good tip. The harvest is super stinky, my carbon filters are being worked to the max lol and my garage still smells great! Pretty soon here (maybe today) I'll be flipping the clones from these and I'll get to see how they stack up under my 315 cmh. Should be a good run. :cool: I'll also plant some beans for the next run which will be Thug Life (extreme OG x triple OG) and some Cowboy Kush (Hell's Angels Kush x Stardawg).

Farmer P

Farmer P

Update time.

I gave away the black mamba from outside since I really didn't want to trim it with all the bug damage. I decided not to keep the pheno any more either. Right now what I have going is some new seedlings: Cowboy Kush and Thug Life. I planted 6 beans and had 100 percent germination so I have three of each. They are regulars so once again I'm hoping for fems. I'm still looking for that special pheno that will be super chron, but I'm getting frustrated. I think I'm just not a good enough grower to get that top shelf super chron taste in my weed or I haven't found the right pheno yet. After about $500 dollars worth of seed purchases you would think I would have found something by now. :drunk: If neither of these work out I'll give up and start trying to source some good clones. I'll drive to LA if I have to. Any one know a good clone bank in So Cal?

20181021 085152 HDR1
Farmer P

Farmer P

Here's what I ended up with from the outdoors. I didn't weigh it, but I'm sure it's enough to get me to my next harvest. :cool: The cookies n chem is dry enough to smoke now and it's better than I thought it would be. The taste has come around a lot and the high is off the charts. I think I'll run this cut a couple more times and see if I can bring it the rest of the way to super dank status. The fuller one is the cookies n chem. I didn't weigh them yet, but one of these jars full has weighed in around 1/2 lb.

20181024 1901381
20181024 1901121
20181025 0519221
OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

Swear I just had some Thug Life. Guy called it Thug Nugs. Said it was straight from Cali. I'm assuming the name got a little jumble by the time it got to the Midwest. Lol. Great buds. Dense, just drenched in resinous coating. Dark indica style nuggets. Smooth smoke. Can't wait to see the end product.

Farmer P

Farmer P

Swear I just had some Thug Life. Guy called it Thug Nugs. Said it was straight from Cali. I'm assuming the name got a little jumble by the time it got to the Midwest. Lol. Great buds. Dense, just drenched in resinous coating. Dark indica style nuggets. Smooth smoke. Can't wait to see the end product.

Right on! Could be. I'm hoping for something special. I'm really enjoying this Cookies n Chem from this summer. It may be a keeper. It seems like it's getting better every time I open the jar.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Here's what I ended up with from the outdoors. I didn't weigh it, but I'm sure it's enough to get me to my next harvest. :cool: The cookies n chem is dry enough to smoke now and it's better than I thought it would be. The taste has come around a lot and the high is off the charts. I think I'll run this cut a couple more times and see if I can bring it the rest of the way to super dank status. The fuller one is the cookies n chem. I didn't weigh them yet, but one of these jars full has weighed in around 1/2 lb.

Wow, that looks really dense. Nice!

Farmer P

Farmer P

Sup farmers. Hope everyone's having a great week. I got a few pics and I decided to try my first vid so bear with me lol. :cool: The pics are a few days old, but the vid is from just now. (Day 42 from flip) I've just been giving them water mostly for about 4 days already. The chem crosses are already starting to purple up.

20181110 155336
20181116 195229 HDR
20181116 195259
View attachment 20181118_110450.mp4
Farmer P

Farmer P

I guess there's a limit on the length of the videos??? For some reson it cut off at one minute. :drunk:

Farmer P

Farmer P

They look really good. You got a busy weekend ahead.
Thanks bud. Yeah I got some work to do, but this work I don't think I'll mind. These look like they will be easy to trim. Some plants are so easy and nice to look at while trimming that I actually enjoy it a little lol. I think these will be cake. I've had the opposite where I was just overwhelmed. If I ever get that again I'll probably invest in one of those little bowl gizmos like you got.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Thanks bud. Yeah I got some work to do, but this work I don't think I'll mind. These look like they will be easy to trim. Some plants are so easy and nice to look at while trimming that I actually enjoy it a little lol. I think these will be cake. I've had the opposite where I was just overwhelmed. If I ever get that again I'll probably invest in one of those little bowl gizmos like you got.

Yeah, that bowl trimmer has been awesome as a time and labor saver but I do like to hand trim when I can. Agreed, it can be very therapeutic when not overwhelmed by volume.

Latest posts

Top Bottom