Diy Cabinet From Recycled Wood Coco Grow

• Thread starter Farmer P
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Farmer P

Farmer P

I'm all about this kind of thing. Not really related but kind of, I have a worm farm right now that is producing about 3 lbs of castings every two days. I am definitely going to be doing some research into this tho. Thanks for the inspiration.
The worm farm sounds cool. Sounds like you're making a lot of good stuff. Do you make teas with the castings? Any pics?

bttrthnbuttr

bttrthnbuttr

I haven't messed with tea yet. Right now I use it in my old soil to "revive" it. i use a kid pool (hard plastic, large size) to dump my used soil and then I add castings as I get them, to build nutes and soil life back up. I'll take a picture later when I get home. It's nothing special tho. A black tote with holes in the bottom covered by screen. I process all of my food scraps before placing them in the bin. It seems to speed things up. Anyways I then place the processed scraps in the tote and then it's the waiting game. Healthy red worms compost their body weight daily. So 3 lbs of worms CAN produce 3lbs of scraps daily. That's with everything healthy.

Farmer P

Farmer P

I haven't messed with tea yet. Right now I use it in my old soil to "revive" it. i use a kid pool (hard plastic, large size) to dump my used soil and then I add castings as I get them, to build nutes and soil life back up. I'll take a picture later when I get home. It's nothing special tho. A black tote with holes in the bottom covered by screen. I process all of my food scraps before placing them in the bin. It seems to speed things up. Anyways I then place the processed scraps in the tote and then it's the waiting game. Healthy red worms compost their body weight daily. So 3 lbs of worms CAN produce 3lbs of scraps daily. That's with everything healthy.
Right on, free organic fertilizer. I'll have to try it out. I have plenty of things growing around my house that would love it.

Farmer P

Farmer P

Well farmers I've got some bad and good news. The bad is I cut everything down. I noticed my little clone had hermied up bad. Had little balls everywhere before I even started to spray the silver. So I looked closer at the big ones and found more already open. I'm guessing it was the screwed up light schedule. We were getting a lot of overcast days plus I screwed up a few times on my timing of putting the cover on and off the growspace. Even when covered quite a bit of light came through. Also the bubba is feminized and could be somewhat unstable. I'm going to grow one more with natural light schedule and find out. I'll just have to keep a close eye on it. The good news is I just got in some Sour Urkle beans and I always love a fresh start! I might wait a week to pop them because I'm going to the river for four days next week :D and it will be hot in the house. I don't want to chance coming home to my babies all fried! I'll be posting the start of the new grow in a couple weeks. Peace.

20170602 1520051
Farmer P

Farmer P

Yeah, still some time left. They'll probably be a little underveged. We'll see how it goes, and there's always the indoor season coming up. Got some plans for that. Gonna do some scrog. Never tried it, but I think it will work well in my cabinet. Getting a little ahead of myself. lol.

Irietime

Irietime

Well farmers I've got some bad and good news. The bad is I cut everything down. I noticed my little clone had hermied up bad. Had little balls everywhere before I even started to spray the silver. So I looked closer at the big ones and found more already open. I'm guessing it was the screwed up light schedule. We were getting a lot of overcast days plus I screwed up a few times on my timing of putting the cover on and off the growspace. Even when covered quite a bit of light came through. Also the bubba is feminized and could be somewhat unstable. I'm going to grow one more with natural light schedule and find out. I'll just have to keep a close eye on it. The good news is I just got in some Sour Urkle beans and I always love a fresh start! I might wait a week to pop them because I'm going to the river for four days next week :D and it will be hot in the house. I don't want to chance coming home to my babies all fried! I'll be posting the start of the new grow in a couple weeks. Peace.
Somehow I missed the part when you cut everything down:speechless: shoot man! They were looking so nice to. Oh well fresh start. That sour Urkle is def something to be excited about. I'm excited for you! I was wondering how that shade cloth was gonna work out? Guess we found out. Any hoo, onward. I look forward to your next round. Peace

Farmer P

Farmer P

Somehow I missed the part when you cut everything down:speechless: shoot man! They were looking so nice to. Oh well fresh start. That sour Urkle is def something to be excited about. I'm excited for you! I was wondering how that shade cloth was gonna work out? Guess we found out. Any hoo, onward. I look forward to your next round. Peace
It's no biggie. I had almost nothing invested in the grow except time. I just looked down into the hole in the rapid rooter and noticed that the Sour Urkle already has a little tail. :cool:

20170605 1610541
20170605 1610371
Farmer P

Farmer P

Got back from Laughlin yesterday (Jet skiing was a blast!) to find my new seedlings doing well. The freebies haven't sprouted yet but I'll give them more time. I put two white blaze in the same cup and both sprouted so I moved one to a freebie cup. (roughly, it will probably die). Anyway, off to work.

20170612 0615121
jipp

jipp

im hitting some sour wax and i think you will really enjoy the sour flav from sour urkle.. you picked a good choice :D

and i was surprised when my 1 kush seed germinated in the rapid rooter.. i figured no way it would work with the light and shit.. but yeah, it works fine :D

i notice you have a bubba. heh.. slow ass plants! heh.
how are you today?

chris.

Latest posts

Top Bottom