DIY Cheap cloner

• Thread starter Lost
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Lost

Ok so first you need the container. This one does not leak *shrugs*.

1 container
1 2 inch hole saw
10-100 2 inch net pots
1 36 inch bubble line
1 air pump, bigger the better

First take your lid and your netpots. Turn the netpot upside down and arrange on lid. Make sure that the netpos will sit flat and no rigdes will keep it from a flush fit. Once they are layed out (keeping in mind where the bubble line wil go underneath each netpot. Remember, you want the bubbles directly under the netpot. Mark the netpots location with a sharpie.

Next, take your drill and whatever bit you have and drill the holes. Go slow! Now all you need to do is make a small hole at the top for the airline to come thru so you can snap the lid on thight. I find removing the handles or snaps creates a perfect hole. If not, jusst drill one. Its always a good idea to silicone the connection where the tube passes thru the wall, to prevent leaks. plug in you pump and fill the water to about a quarter inch below the netpots bottom.

I like to use rockwool starters and hydroton, but jiffy pelets work very well! Anyway watch the water level and in 7 days you will have roots galore.

Cloner1
Cloner2
Cloner3
Cloner4
justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

ever tried one of these? ...worked so well i retired my
bubble cloner, and partly because it is so cheap, easy
and physically small, i can fit 54 cuts in a bin 11x14.

here's a couple pics of my bubbler too.

15799wally cloner 006
Cloner4 smll
Clone2 smll
Clone1 smll
P5010002smll
P5010001smll
P5170013smll
P5190014smlla
L

Lost

Im using rapid rooters and a humidity dome.

This plant loves to clone so pick cheap way and go for it. The rapid rooter tray was 7.77 at walmart, FTW~

It includes 72 rooters, and I use my bigger dome. Just took a ton of cuts (cu my bubba mom is half on accident, lol), and they are loving it, not droop at all..

TheIrieOne

TheIrieOne

ever tried one of these? ...worked so well i retired my
bubble cloner, and partly because it is so cheap, easy
and physically small, i can fit 54 cuts in a bin 11x14.

here's a couple pics of my bubbler too.
bozo where do you get those lil cup things.. are those for making popsicles?..and also how long do those take to take root?

4u2sm0ke

4u2sm0ke

bozo where do you get those lil cup things.. are those for making popsicles?..and also how long do those take to take root?

I see the member hasnt got back too you..those are found at wall mart and are called " tube ice tray" look where they sell ice trays..and they root in 7-10 days..Hope this helps..take care and be safe

L

Lost

Looking good! Do you have any leaks with the sprayers?

L

Lost

Here are the 13 dawgs. A clone from each seed and this is a seed run. 3 males 7 females. I hope to get 100 or so seeds. These clones were put str8 into flower to determine sex then allowed to finish for seeds. Brown roots are from kelp additives..

13dawgs
13dawgs2
L

l0g1c4l

In your cloner how high is the water lever? How much of the net pot is fully submerged?

K

KING_KONG_KOLAS

Lost if you hooked up a manifold with spray tips would your tub leak? Just wonering your tub seals?

L

Lost

Pretty sure it would leak. Water to almost touching the bottom.

A

amstercal

I hadn't seen this particular thread before. Nice! We really need an archive of the great DIYs section.

L

l0g1c4l

Neither did i till the other day, and built one myself today! rubbermaid roughneck from walmart $4.47, old air pump in the closet, 7 dollar 2 foot diffuser, a lil time with my pocket knife and voila a 12 site cloner! Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread...i'll post a pic soon

Top Bottom