Diy Cob Build For 10x5x7 Room?

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shawnery

My plan is to build two rooms side by side with adjoining hallway down the middle. Both rooms will measure 10x5x7 and I most likely will be running a 12 pot RDWC system on both sides. That should allow for a little over 4 square feet for each plant. I assume that's enough space for each of LST plants.

Sorry if all that info is unneeded but I assume the more info the better.

If the room and environment matches what I have laid out,
What would be the best layout and build to reach the appropriate lumen level?

brazel

brazel

I'd run 3 rows of 6 citizens at 50w each, different spectrums. IMO

K

kansabis

If this helps you want one cob per square foot roughly when ran around 50 watts,above that you can use a few less but that's basically the standard guideline. However I wouldn't suggest 50 cobs lol,I'd go with 3or4 rows of 6 cobs of your choice. Guess its close to 50 for both rooms though.

S

Shawnery

Since you guys seem very informed about the subject here's a few questions.

1. What would be the best way wire up the system, I'm shit for being an electrician even in my racing days? Since they will all be rows of six would it be best to run a single driver for 3 cobs.

2. Could you give me a couple suggestions for the complete setup from cob - cob holder, I hate soldering -heatsink - driver and fan if really needed?

I fear electronics like you wouldn't believe, any help is appreciated!

S

Shawnery

How about we split the difference and run 5 rows of 4 lights and run each row off one driver?

Not enough?

K

kansabis

I'd stick with 3-4 rows of 6 and I'd run each row off of a dimmable driver,really the driver and cob combo is up to you,I cant remember the link but ill post it for you when I find it. It has a table that you can put in your cob type and the number of them and it tells you what driver you can use for either constant current or constant voltage drivers. Helped me out alot. You could either build your own frames or buy em,putting the stuff together is very simple and all have solderless options now.

S

Shawnery

I can't tell you how much researching Electronics makes me feel so stupid. Can someone please help me cuz I just cannot figure this shit out. Please don't comment on my choice of cob chip I'm just looking for information on the question.

If I'm running 6 Citizen 1212 3500k with a HLG-320H-C700,

How many watts will each cob be running at?

I know I just sound like an idiot.

MW7945

MW7945

You still haven't gave the reason for being inferior

Efficeincy
Since you guys seem very informed about the subject here's a few questions.

1. What would be the best way wire up the system, I'm shit for being an electrician even in my racing days? Since they will all be rows of six would it be best to run a single driver for 3 cobs.

2. Could you give me a couple suggestions for the complete setup from cob - cob holder, I hate soldering -heatsink - driver and fan if really needed?

I fear electronics like you wouldn't believe, any help is appreciated!

Most COB setups don't require any soldering. I'm running 6 Vero 29's at about 75w a piece. All on one driver. But it's a hefty beast

S

Shawnery

Yeah I learned about the no solder option during my research.

Any idea on my other question?

MW7945

MW7945

Yeah I learned about the no solder option during my research.

Any idea on my other question?

What do you want each chip to run at? As far as that other stuff, rapidled seems to have a good selection of heatsinks and so on.

S

Shawnery

What do you want each chip to run at? As far as that other stuff, rapidled seems to have a good selection of heatsinks and so on.
6 Citizen 1212 3500k with a HLG-320H-C700,

I'd like to run the above at 50w. The calculator on ledsupply gave me the above driver as the only option.

I'll be running 4 rows with 6 lights each for a total of 24 lights. Running 6 to a driver seemed like the best option.

S

Shawnery

So would I be correct that running the above driver with the above chip x 6 they would each be running at 53.333333 watts?

I think and hope I'm not as stupid as I thought and I passed calculus.

sixstring

sixstring

So would I be correct that running the above driver with the above chip x 6 they would each be running at 53.333333 watts?

I think and hope I'm not as stupid as I thought and I passed calculus.
Nope.you would be around 25 watts per cob with that driver.
I suggest you look at rapidled.com or timbergrowlights.com for some cheap bars ready to go.all these companies are making fixtures for just a few dollars over cost.and if you don't know what your doing well time is money plus there's still that thing called fire and burning down a building because you wanted to save a few bucks is not a good choice imo.if your going to build your own stuff please do more research first.go watch growmau5 diy cob videos on YouTube,it will help you make better choices on all this stuff.watch all 7 videos and if you still have questions I'll be glad to help

Latest posts

Top Bottom