Diy Cob Build For 10x5x7 Room?

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shawnery

So then in the end I will be going with the below.

24 x Citizen clu048 1212, 240.00
4 x Meanwell 320h c1400, 400.00
24 x holders, 72.00
24 x round pin heatsink, 480.00
Wiring, who cares.00
What did I forget?

The best deal on pin heatsink I could find was 20 bucks, anyone have a cheaper option?

Haven't decided to go passive or not on the heatsink but the extra cooling can't hurt, just one more thing to wire though. They should be fine with passive heating from the research.

S

Shawnery

Not that it's anyone's job to do so but if you can find me an equivalent prebuilt for a few hundred more,

SHOW ME THE WAY PLEASE!?

I was going to build my own room till I realized I could buy one for the same price so I'm willing to change my mind.

K

kansabis

Not that it's anyone's job to do so but if you can find me an equivalent prebuilt for a few hundred more,

SHOW ME THE WAY PLEASE!?

I was going to build my own room till I realized I could buy one for the same price so I'm willing to change my mind.
Above you were at around 1200 without the wiring and you would still need power cords and potentiometer/dimmer for each driver. I'm sure you could find a couple kits at rapid or timber for around that price prebuilt.

S

Shawnery

I looked into it and I can get a 4x4 Vero 29 for 749.00, I think that's the right choice times 2 of course.

I can just run my Roleadro's for the rest of the space.

K

kansabis

That website has lots of great info if you haven't came across it yet.

S

Shawnery

That's not including the frame they sell for an extra 190 each so thst puts the prebuilt in the whole for probably about 700 above my home built.

Plus with home built you can hang the I individually by their heatsink.

K

kansabis

That's not including the frame they sell for an extra 190 each so thst puts the prebuilt in the whole for probably about 700 above my home built.

Plus with home built you can hang the I individually by their heatsink.
Yeah you could hang em each but I wouldn't do that unless your really stuck on it,cob leds aren't cheap whether you put em together yourself or get em premade,by they are worth the investment either way imo.

S

Shawnery

Why wouldn't you hang them separately? I was of the opinion that it looked nice but really would allow a completely perfect set up.

Is there some reason it's not a good choice? I see a lot of home builds like this, not that home builds are always or mostly the best.

K

kansabis

Mainly just stability and easier to run/hide wires with a frame but its not that big of deal,might check out getting a few quantum boards too,I'm lookin at getting one for my 2x2 tent for veg but I guess a few of the 260watt versions equals a de 1000w hps.

brazel

brazel

Why wouldn't you hang them separately? I was of the opinion that it looked nice but really would allow a completely perfect set up.

Is there some reason it's not a good choice? I see a lot of home builds like this, not that home builds are always or mostly the best.
If you're growing scrog it'd be ideal for the frame. If not then make them separate so can have a different heights. Buy the kit, add more electrical wire and get a wire hanging kit off Amazon. Screw four wires and attach to ratchet light hangers for each cob or make a fixture for every three cob.

K

kansabis

That is another often overlooked pro of the cob/chip less,you can customize the numbers and spacing and get way better light coverage at watts/sqft. and penetration isn't lacking either for the power being output,if you are planning to run these two rooms I would suggest throwing whatever you have for lights in one room and then do the other one with either quantum boards or cobs and then go from there with what to do in the future.

bicky studs

bicky studs

im just going into a cob setup myself. you still got some reading to do m8.
after that checkout some ppls setups here. theres lots of ppl growing with awesome setups and results.
wat ive seen is 18-24 50w veros or crees for a 4x8, ur areas are bigger so u will need more. citizens are smaller so ull need even more if u go with them.
i was thinking citizens at first, ended up getting cree 3590s.
lots of stuff to consider building ur own, if you arent elec. savy and are a bit unsure get a kitset or prebuilt!
after sourcing everything and delivery u wont be far off $ wise, i like this shit, build my own everything. hell id do my own kidney transplant if i found the right video on utube :badboy:

S

Shawnery

I used to race motorcycles and before I started the most I knew how to do on a bike with change oil. In the 2nd year of racing I ended up throwing a transmission in a 2005 GSXR 1000. Having never touched a motorcycle having never touched an engine all I did was get a service manual follow the directions and that transmission ran for the entire life of the bike ever since. My point is I get what you mean when you say you love doing that shit. Although honestly I don't feel that way about Electronics!

Latest posts

Top Bottom