diy hydro setup. help!

• Thread starter greenstreet
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

greenstreet

Ive been thinking about going hydro but i know absolutely nothing about what i have to do to set one up myself. if anyone has any ideas for me or can help me in any way on how to build an efficient and simple hydroponics system using pvc pipe that would be awesome. im looking to grow around 20-30 plants. space is not an issue.

Aligee

Aligee

I would recommend the search button ,, read then read some more all your answers are here i guarantee it !!!

j wizzle

j wizzle

i posted a DIY UC system in this forum. its literally 2 threads above this one. you just need to read a bit instead of asking for a good hydro system.

there are 20 hydro systems, just read about them all and figure out which direction you want to go in.

S

stackinthedeck

6'' tube aero or top feed.

Ive been thinking about going hydro but i know absolutely nothing about what i have to do to set one up myself. if anyone has any ideas for me or can help me in any way on how to build an efficient and simple hydroponics system using pvc pipe that would be awesome. im looking to grow around 20-30 plants. space is not an issue.

Here is a the bear tubes I use, with top feed piece attached.
Each tube has 15 sites. Even thought you only want to do 30 sites. 5 tubes take up a 3'x10' area for 75 sites. Put 5 lights above these tubes and you have 5+ p's every round. You can also veg in a EZ cloner and spend little to no time in Veg when there actually in the tubes. So every 60+ days you can get at least 5+ p's. I took pics of the tubes and the frame with feeding tubes they sit on. This is a simple recirculating set up. You need a minimum of a 3'' slant towards the res.

I will set one up so you can see.

-Stackin

S

stackinthedeck

Frame for five tubes.

Here is a picture of the frame... up against my wall. I will get it set up so you can see.
You can also use 5'' net pots instead of 3'' and veg a little longer, this will give you around 10 sites per tube and slightly bigger plants.

-Stackin

G

greenstreet

i posted a DIY UC system in this forum. its literally 2 threads above this one. you just need to read a bit instead of asking for a good hydro system.

there are 20 hydro systems, just read about them all and figure out which direction you want to go in.
well you may have not noticed but i am indeed a junior farmer with only 15 posts so im obviously not an avid thcfarmer. im sure whoever created this website intended it to be a helpful place where growers can share information and not be afraid to ask questions. if i post a thread it doesnt mean you have to answer it. i did look around alot but sometimes its hard to find exactly what youre looking for and its easier to ask to see if someone more experienced can help you by maybe sending me a good link or just being helpful. dont be a dick bro. spark one up and kick it j wizzle.

j wizzle

j wizzle

i did look around alot but sometimes its hard to find exactly what youre looking for and its easier to ask to see if someone more experienced can help you by maybe sending me a good link or just being helpful. dont be a dick bro. spark one up and kick it j wizzle.

i was being helpful...i told you exactly where to find a complete DIY UC system....

i wasnt being a dick. i was telling you how it works, dont be so sensitive. honestly, theres and entire section called hydroponics, there are 4 sub forums witihin that hydroponic forum. all you really have to do is read a bit and then make a decision.

G

greenstreet

Here is a the bear tubes I use, with top feed piece attached.
Each tube has 15 sites. Even thought you only want to do 30 sites. 5 tubes take up a 3'x10' area for 75 sites. Put 5 lights above these tubes and you have 5+ p's every round. You can also veg in a EZ cloner and spend little to no time in Veg when there actually in the tubes. So every 60+ days you can get at least 5+ p's. I took pics of the tubes and the frame with feeding tubes they sit on. This is a simple recirculating set up. You need a minimum of a 3'' slant towards the res.

I will set one up so you can see.

-Stackin

thanks alot man this was very helpful. i love to see the pics too so post em when you can.

P

Powdery

IMG_5802.JPG

All fittings are from The Home De-Pots
1/2 feed lines with 3/4 drains.
Drains are all Bulkheads....search amazon for 3/4 bulkhead
I use one 600 GPH pump to pump water to all 12 sites.
I figured this out via friends and lotsalotsalotsa Reading. Good Luck

S

stackinthedeck

Pic

I think because i am still on "probation" for my first ten post's. That I cant post pictures maybe? Here is 2 Tubes I set up on the frame to give you an idea. Hit me up with any questions. Also is the 30 light 450 site room... with another 30 light 450 site on the other side of the wall. There aero, I recomend either doing Top feed or a combo of both, but not aero by it self if your going to build your own.

-Stackin

Tubes empty
Top Bottom