DIY Modular Tea Brewer

• Thread starter Dr Stupid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dr Stupid

Dr Stupid

Here is a way to take a pump and diffuser and make anywhere from 5 to 45 gallons of tea at a time.

Materials needed:

-Ecoplus 7 air pump.
-Diffuser Express Flex-Air threaded disc diffuser. Get the 12" high capacity part number 03776.
- 1/2 inch air line from home depot
- Brute trash can from home depot. Get whatever size you need minimum 20, 32, or 44 gallons.
- 1 inch inner diameter pvc tubing. You want it to be 6 or 7 inches shorter than the trash can you're using. I have the 20 gallon trash can which is roughly 22 inches tall. So my pvc pipe is 16 inches (22-6=16).
-Threaded male 3/4 inch barb for 1/2 inch tubing from home depot. (Gray piece)
-Threaded female 3/4 inch coupler from home depot. (White piece)
-Hook or clasp. I had one laying around. Home depot surely has one.

Pump.
Diy modular tea brewer

Sound deadening from pond liner scraps.
Diy modular tea brewer 2

High quality H20 with tea ingredients.
Diy modular tea brewer 3
Diy modular tea brewer 4
Diy modular tea brewer 5

Barb hose and coupler.
Diy modular tea brewer 6

Diffuser
Diy modular tea brewer 7
Diy modular tea brewer 8

PVC
Diy modular tea brewer 9

Drop In
Diy modular tea brewer 10

Turn on pump. It will push out diffuser assembly. Lock it in place.
Diy modular tea brewer 11

Go do something. Get some fresh air?
Diy modular tea brewer 12

Perhaps make some absolute amber?
Diy modular tea brewer 13

18-24 hours later you've got tea. Saponins? I think so...
Diy modular tea brewer 14

Plants enjoy it.
Diy modular tea brewer 15

aSilvrHaze

aSilvrHaze

Whats the 1" PVC for? It just slides over the air tubing?
* And those diffusers are the same ones that come with Under Currents for the epi.

Dr Stupid

Dr Stupid

I have never seen a diffuser like that.

It's used in waste water management. Sewage treatment plants. Also used in Under Currents like aSilvrHaze mentioned.

Whats the 1" PVC for? It just slides over the air tubing?
* And those diffusers are the same ones that come with Under Currents for the epi.

The PVC keeps the tubing from kinking. It is also used to keep the diffuser from "walking" as it wants to push right out of the water. Kind of pins it in place.

This design played out through trial and error. Many "motherfucker"s later I came up with this one.:D

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

Awesome design man. that is a badass tea brewer. nice. I was literally right about to build a little vortex brewer and might "spin" off of this a little bit...spin spin spin...spinning diffuser...win. So many ideas now! :woot:

Dr Stupid

Dr Stupid

Nice system.

What is required to clean that diffuser?

Thanks Jack!

To clean this thing I rinse it in the sink with the veggie sprayer deal. Debris tends to fall in the cracks on the underside. These are designed to be mounted with the diffuser membrane pointed up, so placing it in there like I have tends to collect debris. That said I never have problems cleaning this. It is very simple to clean. The diffuser doesn't allow back-flow into the membrane. I just rinse it and plug it back into the pump for a few minutes to dry. Easy. Way simpler than air stones in my opinion.

Awesome design man. that is a badass tea brewer. nice. I was literally right about to build a little vortex brewer and might "spin" off of this a little bit...spin spin spin...spinning diffuser...win. So many ideas now! :woot:

Thank you We!

I'm very interested to see that take shape! Fuck yeah spin it!

Dr,Your not so stupid after all!thanks for posting this setup.

Thanks Fishwhistle and you're welcome!

I am relieved every time I get through a round! Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while.

Top Bottom