Do carbon filters scrub the air of co2???

• Thread starter deftron
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
convex

convex

Scrubbers will only remove CO2 if vented outside the room, they will not adsorb your CO2.

What!... so if it goes out of the room it cleans it out and if it recirculates then it let's it pass through? You should market that.... smart filter. It actually knows where the air is going and... decide how to clean it.

lol

but to answer the origin ?, I don't know.

Whoa bro - where did I say anything about recirculating???

If you vent outside the room the CO2 goes with it - nothing about recirc ;)

Also, seeing as the thread is now hitting on science ...
carbon adsorbs odours as opposed to absorbs them. The odours are bound to the surface of the carbon rather than being absorbed by them.

Picky I know, but science is science :)

Dr.stickerdick

Dr.stickerdick

Very good Convex you are one of the few that get that right about aDsorbtion and carbon. Actually I caught it in your first post and was going to say something but I had just lit a doobie. Peace

convex

convex

Actually I was waiting for someone to try and correct me so I could share LOL

Too many years of marine aquariums ;)

HappyMonkey

HappyMonkey

Thank you @sedate and @convex! I was worried about the scrubber wasting the CO2, very useful info! I am new to this forum and just registered after reading this thread, looking forward to more insights like that :)

I've read that high CO2 level such as 1200 - 1500 ppm can increase room temperature & humidity level too ( but on the other hand you can grow at a higher temperature on higher CO2 level ) and that the plants will absorb more CO2 at higher temperature, do you guys know if this is true?

Latest posts

Top Bottom