Do I Chop Down Or Not Yet?

• Thread starter Etoscano79
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

Etoscano79

Both pics are the same plant. Its my first plant, I'm proud of it for surviving. I did cut down the main branch weeks ago because I thought it was ready
But It wasn't so now I need your help to let me know if its ready for harvest
Do i chop down or not yet
Do i chop down or not yet 2

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

Get a magnifying glass or a jewelers Lupe and pick 20 trichomes on a bud and look at them.

here is what I look for

10 cloudy trichomes
2-3 amber trichs
the rest clear.

if you like the couch lock allow more amber trichs'

I don't bother checking the hairs. the trichs' will tell you all you want to know

Need a loop to truly kno.id gues a wk or 2 tho.let the rest of those hairs turn from white to orange

Monster762

Monster762

Yup need a loupe or magnifier. But couple weeks still I’d say. You want to run straight water for last 2 weeks. Make it use the stored nutrients up. I’d feed it one more time n start nothing but clean watering.

E

Etoscano79

Thanks guys! Im getting a microscope today I'm nervous that I might get to many amber ones because I don't want the couchlock feel I appreciate you guys

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

I am in my first grow. will be done Nov 4 or so. But been using Cannabis medicine for four years.

some medicine were nice but some gave me tunnel vision and couch lock so I used a 12 power Lupe and checked trichomes of my stash. I found what I liked and started taking my Lupe to the dispensary and checked trichomes on the buds.

Thanks guys! Im getting a microscope today I'm nervous that I might get to many amber ones because I don't want the couchlock feel I appreciate you guys

R

Rowrow

I can' figure out how to start my own thread , so sorry for jumping on yours. I was wondering the same thing about my plant. Been in flower for 50 days. Any help is appreciated

Temp
Monster762

Monster762

I can' figure out how to start my own thread , so sorry for jumping on yours. I was wondering the same thing about my plant. Been in flower for 50 days. Any help is appreciated
Nice plant. 50 days seems shy but strain dependent. The real way is a cheap $10 magnifier off amazon or somewhere but even though you looking good I’d push to 60 days or so at least. Most strand 8+ weeks flower. Again nice plant there.

Monster762

Monster762

Nice plant. 50 days seems shy but strain dependent. The real way is a cheap $10 magnifier off amazon or somewhere but even though you looking good I’d push to 60 days or so at least. Most strand 8+ weeks flower. Again nice plant there.
Strains not strand

Monster762

Monster762

And are you pushing clean water yet? If not I’d start pushing clean. Do not spray nothing. Keep humidity low. Prepare your dry area too in the meantime. Dialing that in is very important.

R

Rowrow

And are you pushing clean water yet? If not I’d start pushing clean. Do not spray nothing. Keep humidity low. Prepare your dry area too in the meantime. Dialing that in is very important.
Thanks for the reply. The strain is berry white and everything I've read about it says 50 days. But I did buy a digital microscope and I think you are right. Needs more time. Yes I am already flushing as well. Thanks again. Here is a pic I took with the micro scope.

180301 123838
Monster762

Monster762

Thanks for the reply. The strain is berry white and everything I've read about it says 50 days. But I did buy a digital microscope and I think you are right. Needs more time. Yes I am already flushing as well. Thanks again. Here is a pic I took with the micro scope.
Yup couple weeks. Push the clean water. Remember pure amber trichs will have slightly degraded thc level. I found out a good mix of cloudy with some amber better to me. Pure amber was more body stone.

Top Bottom