Do I Have A Problem?

• Thread starter PassTheJ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

PassTheJ

So I'm about 2 hit 8 weeks this Sunday. The buds are super thick, with lots of crystals.

But, many of the plants still have alot of white pistils and all the trichs are mostly clear.

My strains are all 8 week flower strains but they can go a bit longer. I thought I'd see more from them by now.. attest first signs of amber or milkyness.

Temps 75 day 68 night.
Humidity 30-50%

Using spyderx plus lights. Not efficiently as one could but cmon.. They're SypderxPlus..

Leaves are now mostly light green and yellowing but still look healthy. I started feeding them mostly sugar at week 7 with a bit of base nutes.

One way or another, this batch will get me high af but I was expecting or still am expecting more changes with the Trichomes. Some plants seems further in trich and pistil maturity then others. Maybe it's all in my head as I get more anxious at the end..

Growing mostly GSC and a few MK and white Russian... any information will be greatly appreciated..

Do i have a problem
Do i have a problem 2
Do i have a problem 3
Do i have a problem 4
Do i have a problem 5
Do i have a problem 6
Do i have a problem 7
Do i have a problem 8
Do i have a problem 9
Do i have a problem 10
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
So I'm about 2 hit 8 weeks this Sunday. The buds are super thick, with lots of crystals.

But, many of the plants still have alot of white pistils and all the trichs are mostly clear.

My strains are all 8 week flower strains but they can go a bit longer. I thought I'd see more from them by now.. attest first signs of amber or milkyness.

Temps 75 day 68 night.
Humidity 30-50%

Using spyderx plus lights. Not efficiently as one could but cmon.. They're SypderxPlus..

Leaves are now mostly light green and yellowing but still look healthy. I started feeding them mostly sugar at week 7 with a bit of base nutes.

One way or another, this batch will get me high af but I was expecting or still am expecting more changes with the Trichomes. Some plants seems further in trich and pistil maturity then others. Maybe it's all in my head as I get more anxious at the end..

Growing mostly GSC and a few MK and white Russian... any information will be greatly appreciated..
I would let em ride a bit.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Couple more weeks for some of those. Best to wait till the white pistils have curled back and turned orange or brown then check trichomes on buds not bud leaves to see if they are close to all cloudy in my opinion.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

They are all looking pretty good but I agree with Cactus, let them go; they will probably take you to 10 weeks from the looks. You must however keep in mind you have several varieties and eac is going to have its own flowering period and they may not all coincide with each other. Then there’s is the fact that there are many possible genetic possibilities within each pack, and while some of those plants will finish within the breeders suggested period many will go shorter or longer than stated on the pack. Also, breeder suggested flowering periods usually reflect the earliest you could harvest; this is done for the commercial guys (more often than not) that are running CO2, pushing their plants to the limit and may be on a schedule for harvest rather than allowing the plants to determine when they are ready for harvest. As a hobby grower the environmental conditions are different than a professional set-up and therefore harvest info will be different from what isn’t stated in the breeders packaging.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I see a big problem.

What are you gonna do with all that weed?

It’s a good problem to have. All great info from the guys above. Kudos on your success. They look great!

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
They are all looking pretty good but I agree with Cactus, let them go; they will probably take you to 10 weeks from the looks. You must however keep in mind you have several varieties and eac is going to have its own flowering period and they may not all coincide with each other. Then there’s is the fact that there are many possible genetic possibilities within each pack, and while some of those plants will finish within the breeders suggested period many will go shorter or longer than stated on the pack. Also, breeder suggested flowering periods usually reflect the earliest you could harvest; this is done for the commercial guys (more often than not) that are running CO2, pushing their plants to the limit and may be on a schedule for harvest rather than allowing the plants to determine when they are ready for harvest. As a hobby grower the environmental conditions are different than a professional set-up and therefore harvest info will be different from what isn’t stated in the breeders packaging.
sort of goes down to even with the same identical genotypes take 5 cuts from same pheno and run them in 5 different environments and get multiple phenotypical variations with the same genotype based on environmental factors. Great breakdown @Smoking Gun

Last edited:
P

PassTheJ

So if I decide to keep it going to let's say 10 weeks.. Should I continue with sugar water or go back to a "week 6" regime for another week 1/2?

Also, if you have different strains, should I harvest them independently or will the time between them maturing be minimal and I could harvest at once?

It's only going to be around 1.5 pnds. A pound for my butter (I have ridiculously high tolerance for body highs) and the rest for smoke till next run.

Thanks guys.

Monster762

Monster762

Temps 75 day 68 night.
Humidity 30-50%

They’re fading nice. Hit em with some cold water n drop temps 4-5 degrees. Full 12 hrs dark? You can force a plant to ripen. But also a few white hairs don’t matter. Look for clouds.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
you are correct the word should have been genotype phenotypes are the final expressions of genotype.

I stand corrected. Hopefully a mod can change that up for me

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

So if I decide to keep it going to let's say 10 weeks.. Should I continue with sugar water or go back to a "week 6" regime for another week 1/2?

Also, if you have different strains, should I harvest them independently or will the time between them maturing be minimal and I could harvest at once?

It's only going to be around 1.5 pnds. A pound for my butter (I have ridiculously high tolerance for body highs) and the rest for smoke till next run.

Thanks guys.

Are you using regular white sugar when you say sugar water? If so, drop the sugar, use molasses. The sugar is just going to cause problems; and no not all sugars are the same. From here you can use molasses until 1 week before harvest, you really can use it right up to the end if you would like. Given that you are in soil there should be more than enough nutrients for your plants through the next two weeks.

Madmax

Madmax

No problem at all...
They are beautiful plants dude.id b pretty stoked if mine came out like that ..
You will def b harvesting at different days just looking at the differences between your buds..
Probably a week week and a half between plants....maybe..agree with the guys 10-14 days and it will b time to chop the first one..you got a loupe to view the glands buddy..

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Its your fault. You had to post that geno vs pheno article last week. Hehe. :)
he he he my own smarts came back to bite me on my own arse………. good lookin out bro

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Are you using regular white sugar when you say sugar water? If so, drop the sugar, use molasses. The sugar is just going to cause problems; and no not all sugars are the same. From here you can use molasses until 1 week before harvest, you really can use it right up to the end if you would like. Given that you are in soil there should be more than enough nutrients for your plants through the next two weeks.
and not only that plain processed sugars when combusted will taste like krap

P

PassTheJ

Sugar water = molasses.. Who the fuck uses table sugar?

Cold water? I'll give it a whirl. I'll also add a little potash and phosp if it still has almost 2 weeks to go. I really dont wsnt to harvest at different times.

That would create it's own set of problems. I doubt that week would ruin my high..

Its just getting really close and I want to see what I'm supposed 2 see. Lol

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter

Cold water? I'll give it a whirl. I'll also add a little potash and phosp if it still has almost 2 weeks to go. I really dont wsnt to harvest at different times.

That would create it's own set of problems. I doubt that week would ruin my high..

well in your reply you did say sugar water. So evidently you do or created the impression you do. Just sayn....

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

You are growing differently varieties from seed, you are almost assuredly going to have plants that will be ripe and ready at different times. You can take them all once the first plant is ready, but you will be missing out on the full gamut of flavors and effects in the less than mature plants.

The reality is you are supposed to see what the plants want you to see. Each is an individual with its own traits. Often those traits do not match the info on a pack of seeds exactly, those are simply an estimate of what you should be seeing. Though a majority of plants may fall well within the range of the breeders descriptions there are going to be a significant percentage that do not fall within the description. Genetic recombination is a miraculous and funny thing.

My apologies, I genuinely thought you meant sugar in water.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter

Save the sugar water for the hummingbirds! They love it!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom