Do I Leave Pump On During Vac?? Or Can I Turn Off..

• Thread starter mikeb437
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mikeb437

mikeb437

I have my oil sitting on a hot plate right now under a full vac. I’m just curious if I need to leave the valve open and leave my pump running or can I get a full vacuum and just close up all the nozzles and leave it on the heat?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Leave under full vac u til needing to flip. Repeat until no more cavatatition is happe ing.

mikeb437

mikeb437

Leave under full vac u til needing to flip. Repeat until no more cavatatition is happe ing.

I know this. But can i bring to full vac and close valves and turn off pump?? It will remain at full vac but I’m just not sure if I need to keep all the hoses open and the pump on continuously

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

No.ypu want a constant vac all the time

Sometimes I'll run mine for 24/7 for a week straight if needed.

Graywolf

Graywolf

I know this. But can i bring to full vac and close valves and turn off pump?? It will remain at full vac but I’m just not sure if I need to keep all the hoses open and the pump on continuously
As soon as you turn off your pump, the pressure starts to rise from the out gassing. To operate at maximum efficiency, its necessary to run the pump continuously.

Leew421

Leew421

Agreed, on the whole time or it didn't happen. Just keep the temps low so you don't burn off terps. You want the surface hot to touch but not burn

Dunge

Dunge

To operate at maximum efficiency, its necessary to run the pump continuously.
Turning off the pump may provide an optimum, rather than maximum, efficiency.
When is good enough, good enough?

Graywolf

Graywolf

Turning off the pump may provide an optimum, rather than maximum, efficiency.
When is good enough, good enough?
Not sure I understand your question, but if you are asking when to quit, I stop when I no longer see solvent bubbles, just a few small fizzy CO2 bubbles, usually along an edge. Solvent bubbles tend to be larger and varied in size, while CO2 bubbles tend to be small and uniform in size.

Top Bottom