Do I Use Nutrients Everytime I Water ?

• Thread starter Grower420UK
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Illmind

Illmind

Best time for pics right when lights come on cause that's when they got morning wood lol.. but ay man they look good.. I'd knock some lower branches off along with some foliage and maybe reposition it for max light penetration. Feeding will become essential almost everytime around day 18 flower.. cut nitrogen down and have it all the way out by day 35 to 38. Raise pk from 2 weeks 1212 all the way to day 45 or so. Cut calmag by day 30. Keep em coming buddy they doing good I think you gonna be happy with it..

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

Best time for pics right when lights come on cause that's when they got morning wood lol.. but ay man they look good.. I'd knock some lower branches off along with some foliage and maybe reposition it for max light penetration. Feeding will become essential almost everytime around day 18 flower.. cut nitrogen down and have it all the way out by day 35 to 38. Raise pk from 2 weeks 1212 all the way to day 45 or so. Cut calmag by day 30. Keep em coming buddy they doing good I think you gonna be happy with it..
I'm with you on the thinning of lower branches and selective defoliation. A little apprehensive first few grows. I hated taking branches off until I realized the benefits.

Illmind

Illmind

Yup fosho.. I've had plants that didn't like it too.. had a fire og clone that literally matured slower when I pruned them so I began bending the tops till lowers were tops. Cool thing about that clone too is no matter where or how small the bud is they were dense.. but yea I had the luxury of running 12 of em so I pruned 6 and left 6.. could've been some variation in the room that caused less yield and few days longer to mature but all of them was enough to convince me it just don't like it..

Grower420UK

Grower420UK

I'm with you on the thinning of lower branches and selective defoliation. A little apprehensive first few grows. I hated taking branches off until I realized the benefits.
I shall do some defoliation today and when you say knock some lower branches off even if they are reaching canopy level ?

Grower420UK

Grower420UK

Take the branches and make clones with them..NO waste and free plants..LOL
Now I look forward to taking branches :)
Unfortunately I can’t take clones as I’ve got nowhere to put them ( nightmare ) and how much would you say to defoliate ? I really don’t want to take too much lol

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Unfortunately I can’t take clones as I’ve got nowhere to put them ( nightmare ) and how much would you say to defoliate ? I really don’t want to take too much lol
You can keep cuttings in the fridge for about 2 wks with great success..results go down after that..
I think I mentioned before..I never take more than 20% of the leaves during a defol session..less is safer..Growers choice..I never understood the concept of striping the entire plant of leaves as they will need them to feed on later on in flower..I aggressively defoliate before flipping 12/12 though..The plants re-leaf themselves in less than a week (up til the stretch is over)

Grower420UK

Grower420UK

You can keep cuttings in the fridge for about 2 wks with great success..results go down after that..
I think I mentioned before..I never take more than 20% of the leaves during a defol session..less is safer..Growers choice..I never understood the concept of striping the entire plant of leaves as they will need them to feed on later on in flower..I aggressively defoliate before flipping 12/12 though..The plants re-leaf themselves in less than a week (up til the stretch is over)
Currently day 7 of flowering I did do defoliation before I switched but the ladies have gone on a mental growth since I switched to 12/12 So would you take the lower fan leaves off then ?

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Currently day 7 of flowering I did do defoliation before I switched but the ladies have gone on a mental growth since I switched to 12/12 So would you take the lower fan leaves off then ?
What is a mental growth..? Others have mentioned taking leaves on your thread..maybe go back and read..?
I did say above, that taking a few fans up til week 3 is pretty safe..Doubts still..don't take anything but the dead stuff or leaves in the dirt.

Grower420UK

Grower420UK

What is a mental growth..? Others have mentioned taking leaves on your thread..maybe go back and read..?
I did say above, that taking a few fans up til week 3 is pretty safe..Doubts still..don't take anything but the dead stuff or leaves in the dirt.
Took all the crap off here’s some pics

8477690F 15E3 4D07 84B0 F413AB691B9C
1BCADF34 EF36 448E AC79 1416F79A4B0B
2E95E1D8 BF4C 4E4F 827F 7752F8C4BB30
Grower420UK

Grower420UK

I've been known to cut a finger off if it blocks a top lol
I took a lot of the shit from under the plant that gets no light ( little shoots ) and leaves and took a few leaves off from the top that where blocking a few bud sites from getting light I did lean on a few of the tops hence in the pics a few tops are leaning back lol

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

So I know we can all give advice via words and description, and everybody is right on. It's always tough to visualize though, especially when the hesitation of possible damaging your babes. I hope the pics here can give a good visual reference. I didn't use a screen so I was able to pull plants from the tent and work on them individually. Only downfall to scrog. These photos are the initial pruning approx a week into flowering. I cut out all the shoots that were just gonna be in the way. Used a few for clones. I then took a lot of the larger fan leaves that were shading the entire plant and left a good number of "solar panels" to soak up the light. Girls really responded well. Pics are about twelve hours apart. Hope they help. That last one is a little over a week ago.

IMG 20180123 080220984
IMG 20180123 231752865
IMG 20180218 213525339
Grower420UK

Grower420UK

So I know we can all give advice via words and description, and everybody is right on. It's always tough to visualize though, especially when the hesitation of possible damaging your babes. I hope the pics here can give a good visual reference. I didn't use a screen so I was able to pull plants from the tent and work on them individually. Only downfall to scrog. These photos are the initial pruning approx a week into flowering. I cut out all the shoots that were just gonna be in the way. Used a few for clones. I then took a lot of the larger fan leaves that were shading the entire plant and left a good number of "solar panels" to soak up the light. Girls really responded well. Pics are about twelve hours apart. Hope they help. That last one is a little over a week ago.
I’ve stripped all the crap always tiny shoots leaves etc and took a few leaves from the top of the canopy to open things up for some of the bud sites which was getting minimal light due to leaves in the way

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

Oh and don't fret man. You have a good number of plants you're working with. Tough to get in there and see and manage. Just have fun with it. We all know it can be a little stressful or worrisome at times.

Grower420UK

Grower420UK

Oh and don't fret man. You have a good number of plants you're working with. Tough to get in there and see and manage. Just have fun with it. We all know it can be a little stressful or worrisome at times.
Lol it has been fun like you said just a little stressful at times with knowing stuff etc but this site and all the growers are very helpful so glad I signed up haha humidity is staying at 38% now with lights off so all good with that

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

Focus on what's going to work for your set up, your style of growing and what the end result you desire. Observe each grow and make some mental notes about things. You have multiple plants so do different things to various plants and learn from that. The relief and understanding you're gonna gain by the end of this grow will be enlightening. Pruning can be a little hectic, cuz you don't want to do too little, but you don't want to butcher the bitches. As long as you accomplish good air flow thru the plants and ample light penetration from above by removing excessive shoots and leaves. Win. Next time you'll have better understanding and you can focus on tweaking another aspect of the grow. All looks good. No problems really.

Grower420UK

Grower420UK

Focus on what's going to work for your set up, your style of growing and what the end result you desire. Observe each grow and make some mental notes about things. You have multiple plants so do different things to various plants and learn from that. The relief and understanding you're gonna gain by the end of this grow will be enlightening. Pruning can be a little hectic, cuz you don't want to do too little, but you don't want to butcher the bitches. As long as you accomplish good air flow thru the plants and ample light penetration from above by removing excessive shoots and leaves. Win. Next time you'll have better understanding and you can focus on tweaking another aspect of the grow. All looks good. No problems really.
Thanks dude I do write a lot of note down with all this

Top Bottom