Do My Seedlings Look Ok?

• Thread starter Izzy1980
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Izzy1980

Izzy1980

Hi,

Germinated 2 x Autos by soaking in Nitrozyme for 24hrs, used the paper towel method to germinate,

Sewed the seeds (nature grows the seeds, sorry "Young ones quote for those sadly old enough), using Root riot plugs, been under 2 x 5w LED spots,

Do they look ok? Should the cotyledon leaves curl so much? Does everything seem ok (starting a grow journal this weekend,)

You can read so much info on growing that a lot of whats said is contradicted elsewhere, its mashing my brain,

Any comments on my little lovelies would be much appreciated

Izzy

Do my seedlings look ok
Do my seedlings look ok 2
Phylex

Phylex

Looks fine to me. I personally don’t worry to much about the cotyledon leaves.

Izzy1980

Izzy1980

They look beautiful...good luck bringing them to harvest.
Thanks Dan,

When do you repot? One has the tap root about 2mm coming out of the bottom or do I wait until the RR plug has many roots,

Thanks ever so much for your replies the last few days Dan

Izzy1980

Izzy1980

Looks fine to me. I personally don’t worry to much about the cotyledon leaves.
Thanks Phylex, wasnt sure if they were important initially

As I asked Dan, when do you repot? One has the tap root about 2mm coming out of the bottom or do I wait until the RR plug has many roots,

Last edited:
Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
I repot when I see any roots coming out of the plug. I go from solo cup, to 1 gallon, then to 2 1/2 gallon for flower.

Dan789

Dan789

Thanks Dan,

When do you repot? One has the tap root about 2mm coming out of the bottom or do I wait until the RR plug has many roots,

Thanks ever so much for your replies the last few days Dan
I like to wait on the plugs until there are multiple roots extending out of the material, then into a bed of soil in a solo cup. There I wait to see roots extending out from the holes I’ve prepunched into the bottom and lower sides of those cups. I’ve gone further and hot glued small cuts of pvc conduit (about 1/2”) into the bottom of a second solo cup, where I then place said cup containing the new seedling. The second cup allows excess moisture to drain from the seedling cup and also allows air to those growing roots.

3CEC6FC8 068C 4C78 8D4B 78000AFB8C47
61383509 F475 4FA7 85EF 0A1A1231DDC6
Izzy1980

Izzy1980

I repot when I see any roots coming out of the plug. I go from solo cup, to 1 gallon, then to 2 1/2 gallon for flower.
Thanks Rootbound, that's what fabruc pots I've got, 1 gallon, 2 and 3, great minds

Izzy1980

Izzy1980

I like to wait on the plugs until there are multiple roots extending out of the material, then into a bed of soil in a solo cup. There I wait to see roots extending out from the holes I’ve prepunched into the bottom and lower sides of those cups. I’ve gone further and hot glued small cuts of pvc conduit (about 1/2”) into the bottom of a second solo cup, where I then place said cup containing the new seedling. The second cup allows excess moisture to drain from the seedling cup and also allows air to those growing roots.
Thanks Dan, I attempted to grow a few years ago and failed, I was definately overwatering due to impatience , your method looks wicked, thanks so much

Dan789

Dan789

Thanks Dan, I attempted to grow a few years ago and failed, I was definately overwatering due to impatience , your method looks wicked, thanks so much
Kind of improved on another poster that had utilized a second solo cup, but noticed it might work better with a spacer of sorts...

Top Bottom