Do Resin Glands Equal Potency?

• Thread starter kansabis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kansabis

Not sure where to post this but I've been thinking about my last harvest and my least frosty plant is noticeably more potent and the effect stronger than the other plants that were frostier by far. So are we quantifying potency as how many resin glands their are or how much of certain cannabinoids are held in those glands? Seems the more resin the higher chance of potency and better/easier extraction of glands,etc. but how many plants have been discarded for lower resin production where the effect was way more powerful than those with high resin production?

str8smokn

str8smokn

No frostiness does not mean more potent.
If anyone’s tossing before they even sample , they are dumb asses.
It’s all on the cannabinoid break down of the plant.
STR8

Dunge

Dunge

I have asked this same question, and remain undecided on the answer.
Clearly, an abundance of the cannabinoids are contained in the trichomes. But they had to be manufactured in the leaf, so there must be reservoirs, or residue, in the leaf.
These seem very elementary notions, but I have yet to read authoritative reporting on microscopic oil distribution in different plants tissues.

F

FoundYoStash

The exact opposite in my experience.

I even theorized at one point that the REAL OG doesn't produce much in terms of resin heads, that the calyx still excretes the oil through the surface, as they did before man intervened (Cannabis is an engineered incense/resin plant bred for drysift production)

Once you've seen the real og, you realize it wouldn't even sell in today's market. Gets you way higher than gg or gsc nonsense though.

Most growers frost is single molecule sugars soaked into the plant via snake oil "boosters", and I've seen tons of frosty hemp. So yeah I only make conclusions based in reality,like OP has. The frostiest bud I've ever seen had zero heads and was weaker than reggie. 100% of the frost was revealed under scope to be twisted, milked-out STALKS wrapping around the whole plant. Not a single head could be found on all those stalks. Thats the kind of product you get with grow store looks-based methodology.

I can even remember the first time I saw trichomes. It was a Hindu cut that has been smoked by nearby brush burning. Something in the smoke made the heads pop like crystals, I bought a lb and aside from the campfire taste it was the worst weed I had ever smoked. Weed was better before people worried about visual appeal, across the board. I literally never paid attention before that day cuz the weed was always better than expected. Now it looks crazy and always sucks, at dispensaries I mean. I have to remind myself they are grown for crazy looks, not substance.

K

kansabis

Glad I'm not the only one that has realized and questioned this,don't get me wrong my other plants are still fire but the high just doesn't compare.

Leew421

Leew421

It comes down to genetics and style grown. If it's pulled too early it definitely won't be as strong as the one pulled at the right window. Trichs have to mature. I haven't smoked anyone elses stuff in forever but if I were to go and try and buy some I look at flavor profile, smell, visual appeal. It's the whole package I won't. I prefer to just grow my own cause I can never find what I want

K

kansabis

I agree with the trichome maturation and I like my stuff to hit on all notes too,but I'm specifically talking about the amount of trichs(frosty plant) and a barely visible trich plant(non frosty) and that the ones that aren't frosty deliver a more potent high.

Latest posts

Top Bottom