DO you press bubble hash ??? HELP QUICK????

• Thread starter woody420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dlovejah

dlovejah

I prefer my bubble unpressed.. But I do both because I like to travel with pressed hash . Its just easier but it does lose something because of the smashing of some of trichomes.... Here are some pics of some bubble I did a few days ago.. I pressed some for a road trip but the unpressed is killer and my first choice.. Most of this is Apollo 13 but theres some Ortega in there as well.... d

013 1
006 1
phenotyper

phenotyper

Damn dlovejah, that is some killer full melt. What size bag did you pull that from? I have a 73, 25 and 220, and I really think I need to snag a 90 for full melt deliciousness.

I have been pressing my hash lately and I think I am rather unimpressed with the quality of the high. Possibly due to the pressing. The buds I have are absolutely top notch and never have a problem getting me lifted. On the other hand, my hash tastes delicious, but the potency can be lacking. I think I will try just a light pressing next time that I make hash in order to just extract some moisture.

dlovejah

dlovejah

Damn dlovejah, that is some killer full melt. What size bag did you pull that from? I have a 73, 25 and 220, and I really think I need to snag a 90 for full melt deliciousness.

I have been pressing my hash lately and I think I am rather unimpressed with the quality of the high. Possibly due to the pressing. The buds I have are absolutely top notch and never have a problem getting me lifted. On the other hand, my hash tastes delicious, but the potency can be lacking. I think I will try just a light pressing next time that I make hash in order to just extract some moisture.

I really like the 90 the best.. I find the best melt is usually in the 90 or 73 bags for most of the strains Im running....My set is 220,160,120,90,73,45,25... I just realized I have a 190 but I never use it

Jarofunk

Jarofunk

I you're trying to extract moisture, don't press. Pressing can TRAP moisture inside your hash. Try leaving it cut up in small pieces, like little glass shard type pieces. Or use a paper towel to dab from underneath the bag before pulling the hash out

Jarofunk

Jarofunk

phenotyper- if you're gonna get a 90 bag, you should get a 120 bag also. That way you won't have the junk coming down all the way from your 220 bag. See what I'm sayin? Depending on the strain, the 120 bag can be the best one sometimes.

G

gooey

Ne one else feel like the hun gram bars from cali seem to be lower quality hash thats has been press to make it look mo better? just seems like if its low quality it gets the press...love that we are sharing info on this pure extract...peace n puffs on hash

Blaze

Blaze

Yeah that is pretty accurate. If it is highly quality bubble hash the oils and terpenes will still be in tact, resulting in a more pliable, slightly sticky, oily appearance. When it is like this it, really does not need to be pressed hardly at all as it will stick together on it's own. Excessive pressure does degrade the quality of hash as it ruptures the gland heads.

G

gooey

RIght on man, they got it over on me then lol...fucking 2 ton press...peace n puffs

M

Monkeymonk840

Roll it

I think it's the best if u roll it. It gives it a incense like quality to it. It is harsh if you don't press it. Until it's pressed it's not hash it's just kief. If u dry it the press it it's ok. I use a industrial press with 20 ton pressure, let it sit awhile then it's done but it's not close to as good if you roll it. It reminds me of clean scissor hash. Also more bags better quality.

Jarofunk

Jarofunk

Yeah that is pretty accurate. If it is highly quality bubble hash the oils and terpenes will still be in tact, resulting in a more pliable, slightly sticky, oily appearance. When it is like this it, really does not need to be pressed hardly at all as it will stick together on it's own. Excessive pressure does degrade the quality of hash as it ruptures the gland heads.

Well put... trying to press QUALITY water hash would be a sticky/pointless mess

G

gooey

i have never got a mess from quality hash...yes it sticks together very easily...i am not sure how that is a pointless process maybe you want it in a smaller piece to travel...i think we forget hash is usually from far away, therefore it is press to make it smaller...it totally alters the smoke...i think the rupturing of resin is the cause, not sure what the exact effects are tho it seems to be more stony when press more uppy when not....but unpress is just kief many people will say...my 2 cents...peace n puffs

Jarofunk

Jarofunk

i have never got a mess from quality hash...yes it sticks together very easily...i am not sure how that is a pointless process maybe you want it in a smaller piece to travel...i think we forget hash is usually from far away, therefore it is press to make it smaller...it totally alters the smoke...i think the rupturing of resin is the cause, not sure what the exact effects are tho it seems to be more stony when press more uppy when not....but unpress is just kief many people will say...my 2 cents...peace n puffs

IMO you are correct that hash is more stony when pressed (DECARBOXYLATION>>>HIGHER active CBD content)

If your unpressed hash is "just kief" then it is not QUALITY HASH. The good stuff is more of a goo, or an oil or wax depending on variables.

If it isn't dancin' or disappearing/disintegrating when you light it, it isn't that good, and therefore IS a good candidate to be pressed. For example, if you hold a lighter to your hash, pull it away, and the hash holds a flame, I believe that hash should be pressed. But if the hash just bubbles, and then continues to just bubble for a few seconds (without holding a flame) when flame is removed... then that shit is bomb ---> don't press it

dlovejah

dlovejah

Excellent quality bubble will almost melt into itself .... It doesnt need a lot of pressing... I would like to see results from all these people with oppinions.. Lets see your hash.. We have showed ours(Blaze Rocks)... I have seen Blaze and Hellmuts,Bubble and its excellent.. Show me the Money peace..d :harvest:

B

Bubblemang

NO to presssing. All unpressed.
http://i1194.invalid.com/albums/aa378/MattRize/jackhash2.jpg
http://i1194.invalid.com/albums/aa378/MattRize/jackhash3.jpg
http://i1194.invalid.com/albums/aa378/MattRize/IMG_20110201_230338.jpg
http://i1194.invalid.com/albums/aa378/MattRize/blackberrybubblezoom1.jpg

Blaze

Blaze

Yeah man that looks nice. I love it when it gets that translucent amber look to it like pic #2. When you can flatten it out into a thin sheet, hold it up to the light, and the light goes right through it, you know you got some pure hash :)

B

Bubblemang

This is not flattened, but layed out as a thin sheet when wet and then dried.
http://medicalinvalid.com/images/matt-rize-kyle-kushman/hash%20pics/bubble%20hash%20fruit%20roll%20up%20c.jpeg

Dynamite

Dynamite

Finger squished Bubble

I used some 6month old sugar leaf trim to make this stuff - you get out what you put in , still came out killer for what it is - far more potent then bud and better then trashing all that trim and crystal leaf

My thumb and index finger pressed it into little 1gram chunks

stuff that's PURE blonde or made from buds just get stored as dried and never squished - this stuff I'll be mostly sharing with friends for a upcoming 4/20 party and BBQ ,always a crowd pleaser

Bubble
Bubble
Raw
M

Mmmmasonite

After scooping it onto coffee filters or cardboard I use the small super fine piece of screen usually included with bubble bags. Dump the beauty goop in that and squeeze all the excess water out manually. This will press it at the same time...kinda like ringing out clothes with a giant hashball in the middle....Then just let dry overnite and enjoy

Top Bottom