Does liquid ladybug work?

• Thread starter reeldrag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
reeldrag

reeldrag

since seeing some science on avid forbid ect I dont want that stuff on my plants what is the strongest mite killer that wont give me brain cancer if ya picking up what I'm throwing down

KitsapGrapeApe

KitsapGrapeApe

i got 2 small sample bottles of liquid lady bug and treat a small plant that had mites almost daily with it and it didn't do anything.

reeldrag

reeldrag

Thanks fellas we have a strain of mite where I life that makes spider mites look like the muppets it takes some real knockdown power to put the hurt on them

Cort

Cort

Pro Tip: if you dont have your mite problem under control before flower, dont bother. Nuke it over and over again til you are absolutely sure, then flower. Folks do not want to smoke your rice crispy treats. ( I dont buy meds, but some I know do(those unwitting fools))

singingcrow

singingcrow

Same here. Didn't help at all. Best solution I found is switching to all organic using methods that prevent bugs. Have not had mites or thrips back since I swtched. Using Subcool-type recipe, compost tea I brew in the bountea bucket and ammendments like Insect Frass.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Same here. Didn't help at all. Best solution I found is switching to all organic using methods that prevent bugs. Have not had mites or thrips back since I swtched. Using Subcool-type recipe, compost tea I brew in the bountea bucket and ammendments like Insect Frass.

An ounce of organic prevention is worth 100 pounds of nasty chemical cure!!! Diverse IPM reinforced with biological controls (predator mites/nematodes) FTW!! Just started adding frass to my super soil.

outwest

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

I have never use Liquid Ladybug on spider mites, but I have used it on aphids. You can watch the bugs die. They don't fall off the plant, they are frozen in place, but absolutely dead, and no further signs of them making a comeback. So I would have to say in some capacity it is effective. I do have some SNS 209 but haven't used it yet, but I like that it is a systemic control rather than a surface control.

Haggardass

Haggardass

Use real lady bugs in the future for prevention, if you find them flying away you can spray a light sugar water mix on them once you put them on your plants and thatll cause there wings to stick down preventing them from flying then after you get enough lady bugs the spiders will move in and eat them but then you have spiders for the bigger pests like the moths that lay eggs and start out those shitty little bud worms we all dread.

S

StonerB

Anything with high azadiractin content if you get em. Insect frass and teas to prevent em and recover the plant. If your environment is on lock and you can safely spray without worries of mold a tea spray a day will keep all nasties away. The sns217 works but its expensive. When they came out with the 209 a claim was that theve cut out the middle man and now process there own essential oils, hopefully its just as good and the price comes down.

S

StonerB

Do you use the Power Wash as well? I have been curious about these products. Is the Mighty Wash meant to be a bug and fungus eradicator?
The mighty wash is for mites, the PM wash is for fungus , and the power wash is meant to strip any residue of whatever spray you have used before harvest. Personally I dont beleive anything thats 99% water to be effective at doing anything, however if you stick an EC meter in a bottle you will see theres something VERY STRANGE about this water. its conductivity is off the charts. When I was hassling the reps at the LB max yield show they basically admitted the product is the same as alkaline water that can be bought for 25 cents a gallon at water stores. If anyone has any more info on this stuff I would love to know how it works, and whats the difference between the three. If it really works these machines are NOT that expensive to get, espesially on a smaller scale.

treebark1950

treebark1950

Mighty wash does indeed work, at at least it has worked for me. Never used any of their other products...

I fog with it, then before lights turn back on I spray em down with plain RO, if you don't I have seen it burn certain plants.

It leaves an almost oil like substance on the leaves, similar to neem but not quite the same texture...

Sometimes mites pop up on me unexpectedly, sometimes neem and other things just don't kill em off, as I do practice a regular IPM.

I hate all pesticides and Cali has mites and PM in the air!

Automatically sticky

Automatically sticky

I've used liquid ladybug it worked well for me as i am in the states where i have a grow closet. I don't allow anything outside come near me plants, cloths or otherwise. I am currently growing Seedmakers autoblue which is supposed to be bug resistant. So far, so good.​

Latest posts

Top Bottom