Does This Look Normal?

• Thread starter Cjr22288
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
brazel

brazel

Yes, but the hot spot thing makes sense to me. I have vaulted ceilings and there does seem to be a spot that reflects light pretty intensely
Vaulted ceilings are beneficial... heat rises

Cjr22288

Cjr22288

Well the first pic does look pretty normal for almost being done. The second is what made me think light bleaching was causing burn. Just looks like it was too intense for a while. I used to have bleaching issues in the center of every 4 hood square. Just had to lift them higher & keep an eye on my veg heights.
I had a friend over a few days ago who has been growing for 15+ years, and I remember him saying that the lights were at a good distance.
Are you saying it reflects more light than the bulb?
No, just that there is one particular spot were heat could build up. The plant was pushed off to the back of the room in an area that may not have had great circulation

brazel

brazel

You want them as close as you can get them without burning.

If your room is 75 you are not having a space of air that's above 90° around one plant. your hottest area will be above and around the light, If your fan blows over your lights, you're good

Dbear180

Dbear180

Heat issue there would relate to your airflow

Remote thermostat never reads above 72. Nothing else bleached. Light is just too intense dead center of 4 600s. I probably have them a little close to each other because I move a lot of air in there.

Dbear180

Dbear180

Inverse square is for a point source.
The geometry of real life bulbs and leaf are far from point sources.

With multiple light sources overlapping like in a larger gavita set up the inverse law doesn't really work either. 20 @ 5 feet produce same strength as 10 @ 3 ft because of the overlap. Gavita offers a ton of research & lab test info on the subject.

R

redlife215

Omg stop talking about light heights it is nute burn lol it dont look like light burn itd start at the top of the plant where the light was closest. Its either burn or lockout how are u growing and feeding and how different are the other strIns. People need to stop acting like they knwo shit all the time cus the bullshit answers hurt more then jus not saying anything

Dbear180

Dbear180

Omg stop talking about light heights it is nute burn lol it dont look like light burn itd start at the top of the plant where the light was closest. Its either burn or lockout how are u growing and feeding and how different are the other strIns. People need to stop acting like they knwo shit all the time cus the bullshit answers hurt more then jus not saying anything

Just because you don't wanna talk about lights...
Screenshot 20171206 212321
Screenshot 20171206 212321

R

redlife215

What? Does that have anything to do with what is wrong with the guys plants? Ill talk about lights all day when they are the topic that needs to be addressed

brazel

brazel

Inverse square is for a point source.
The geometry of real life bulbs and leaf are far from point sources.
True, but still gives you an idea of light intensity and distance even know the calculations won't work.

brazel

brazel

What? Does that have anything to do with what is wrong with the guys plants? Ill talk about lights all day when they are the topic that needs to be addressed
It is part of the convo... it was suggested to move the lights away cause light burn. I said its not light burn, move your lights closer. I posted the inverse square to see how light intensity diminishes.

Dbear180

Dbear180

I think we figured that out before the tenth response... three of us have been bullshitting & sharing info most of the day, thats why we are still talking about lights. This is a forum where you come to share info & ideas correct?

Dbear180

Dbear180

It is part of the convo... it was suggested to move the lights away cause light burn. I said its not light burn, move your lights closer. I posted the inverse square to see how light intensity diminishes.

Thank you :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom