Don't Believe In Flushing? Nute Industry Explained

• Thread starter Tardbuster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Monster762

Monster762

The atmosphere of the earth is almost 80% nitrogen. All tho the plants can't use it as such there is a predominately nitrogen fixing bacteria in the soil that still processes nitrogen from the air to some extent.
This plant went a month with just plain water in coir and there's still some green left in the plant. So what is 2 weeks of water only really going to do.View attachment 851299
Nice buds. I can’t get my colas right I always mess up node spacing. What was feed strength before the month?
I usually run my nutes low. Like barely meeting demands. And I see colors fly within a few days of starting flush then a week or so in I’m straight yellow with colorful buds only waiting on my trichs. Couple examples different strains too.
9634FA6F FE0D 491E A534 9434456A4088
063D9047 B2AF 4611 BD85 5DC66121D26E
45D107E2 5D07 4864 AEBC C7C1B260AD8A

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

The atmosphere of the earth is almost 80% nitrogen. All tho the plants can't use it as such there is a predominately nitrogen fixing bacteria in the soil that still processes nitrogen from the air to some extent.
This plant went a month with just plain water in coir and there's still some green left in the plant. So what is 2 weeks of water only really going to do.View attachment 851299

If you tend to feed light it affects yield and quality in my tests. I want the best potential i can get every plant with a plant count limiting me.

K

Kot

Thank you. I try to only give what they need. Pretty challenging with different seed grown plants.

They were far from perfect I think though. :)
I try to give mine the same. I have the same problem as you. I am at day 53 flowering now. Some of the plants show nitrogen deficiency and others have enough or more than enough nitrogen. Something similar happens with other micro and macro nutrients also. So we won't be able to have perfect leaves until harvest but this is our destiny, we don't grow from clones.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I try to give mine the same. I have the same problem as you. I am at day 53 flowering now. Some of the plants show nitrogen deficiency and others have enough or more than enough nitrogen. Something similar happens with other micro and macro nutrients also. So we won't be able to have perfect leaves until harvest but this is our destiny, we don't grow from clones.

Its stupid time consuming but i mix seperate gallon pitchers of nutes for each watered plant every time. They are all at different stages of growth perpetually so i kind of have no choice.

At least i can water only in veg with fresh potting soil at transplants.

K

Kot

Its stupid time consuming but i mix seperate gallon pitchers of nutes for each watered plant every time. They are all at different stages of growth perpetually so i kind of have no choice.

OMG, that would be hard on you. My last indoor I watered two times daily and it was pain in the ass. Now I have pump and drippers which water 3 times a day for one minute, every time with just a little run off. It is very sweet.

Why you grow perpetually when you grow from seeds?

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

I often do this as well. Time consuming but great for learning.
I’ve been fighting this debate in my head for months.
Nice buds. I can’t get my colas right I always mess up node spacing. What was feed strength before the month?
I usually run my nutes low. Like barely meeting demands. And I see colors fly within a few days of starting flush then a week or so in I’m straight yellow with colorful buds only waiting on my trichs. Couple examples different strains too. View attachment 851300View attachment 851301View attachment 851302
Both of yalls buds look nice. I’d smoke em up no problem for ya there buddies. Haha. Thing is monster you and I gotta quit being so careful runnin low nutes and long water only periods.. although our bud smokes clean we are missing out on yield and potency. Seems like we should at least giver a shot and smoke the bud to see if we can be happy about smoke and yield. I think we chronically under feed cause we are always trying new strains that aren’t dialed in maybe? I donno man.. this is an intervention for me I think

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

OMG, that would be hard on you. My last indoor I watered two times daily and it was pain in the ass. Now I have pump and drippers which water 3 times a day for one minute, every time with just a little run off. It is very sweet.

Why you grow perpetually when you grow from seeds?

For constant variety and no tolerance to one strain built up.

Also for making infused coconut oil with as diverse array of cannabanoids as possible by including many strains/crosses per batch.

It seems to have worked. Mrs. Mmg had lifelong internal cysts that have almost disappeared with no other treatment.

Also its fun. :-)

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Both of yalls buds look nice. I’d smoke em up no problem for ya there buddies. Haha. Thing is monster you and I gotta quit being so careful runnin low nutes and long water only periods.. although our bud smokes clean we are missing out on yield and potency. Seems like we should at least giver a shot and smoke the bud to see if we can be happy about smoke and yield. I think we chronically under feed cause we are always trying new strains that aren’t dialed in maybe? I donno man.. this is an intervention for me I think

I got to the point im at now doing exactly what you just said. Underfeeding and starting flush with deficient plants. Just tried to better meet their needs every plant. They were still better than overfed burned tasteless harsh ones. Which i have of course grown too.

K

Kot

For constant variety and no tolerance to one strain built up.

Also for making infused coconut oil with as diverse array of cannabanoids as possible by including many strains/crosses per batch.

It seems to have worked. Mrs. Mmg had lifelong internal cysts that have almost disappeared with no other treatment.

Also its fun. :)
I do it also for the same reasons but start all the seeds at once, don't know why you do it perpetually.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I do it also for the same reasons but start all the seeds at once, don't know why you do it perpetually.

Oh. To stay in regulated plant count and usable amounts on hand. I can stagger harvests and yield more per month with some of the plants still smaller maximizing my space.

Hell my whole veg system is a 3x3 tent with 250 watts of t-5’s. And flower room usually 2 600 hps lamps over about a 4x7 area. Preferably 3.5 x 7 but the plants get to big often. I was putting a 315 in there too in winter but i am going to set up another tent for more flowering in my basement soon.

When i have enough stored for a change i can finally take some time off. Been working every day since i quit my day job. Lol.

And the patients take it as fast as its ready so i appear to be in full compliance all the time.

Also only trim a plant or two at a time and transplant amd all the other chores. Keeps it more hobbylike and relaxed for me.

Monster762

Monster762

Yeah I do underfeed I’ll admit. And I think yield suffers.
Idk about potency though
I’m ready to lab this chit it’s so good. Litterally anyone who’s tried it says nothing in the multiple dispensaries touches it. Im offered better than dispensary prices but don’t sell it.
I’m actually running clones from a mother I’ve ran clones of for a year now. I’m feeding these full strength and feeding an extra week before flushing to see if anything’s different. They’re demanding the full strength with booster on top of it daily. And clean water 10 hrs later cause they’re dry again

. So end will be same strain n plant I’m used to
just full strength instead of normal half strength nutes I run with booster. I will still do a flush at end. But I think all the extra feed is just gonna make it harder to clean up before trichs done. Once they’re done they’re done. No adding time to flush.

I do not chase Amber trichs at all. They are no good. They are the first sign of all this work going in a toilet.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

How many plants you are allowed?

I am allowed zero, so the count does not matter too much for me. :D

12 each patient. I did not re register as a caregiver so max 24 for mrs. Mmg and me. I am only running 11 at the moment.

The catch was 2.5oz allowed usable flowers per patient. I harvest an average of 5.5 oz per plant. Lol.

But we got rec now and 5 oz.

P

PharmHand

Latest posts

Top Bottom