DoobieDuck's Macro Cannabis Images

• Thread starter DoobieDuck
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DoobieDuck

DoobieDuck

Premium Member
Supporter
O-farmer thank you, if I do a gallery you will hear about it, my site only has a few pix compared to web-forums like this one. Flow thank you, I hope you understand there's a bit more to it than just my camera, I own only mid-priced DSLR stuff. Maiden oh my, yes I know all about this technique, I've contemplated buying a set up, yet I'm getting close to micro with my reversed lenses etc. You're so lucky to have those memories. Peace..DD

DoobieDuck

DoobieDuck

Premium Member
Supporter
Took me a bit but I found ya! Digging the hairy bit too :)
JB took me long enough to reply huh? Sorry...
I'm trying a new macro set up and technique including lighting. I hope my images will improve with time, the learning curve is tough for me sometimes.
Here are the first to be posted since starting a week ago. I have lots more to share with you and I'll be back before 10 months has passed ...I hope!

Subcool Seed Agent Orange, my first time with a Subcool variety. She passes my test..enjoy..DD
10 23 14 Agent OJ 3448 3488 C W

10 23 14 Agent OJ 3625 3639 C W
10 23 14 Agent OJ 3640 3655 C W
10 23 14 Agent OJ 3656 3668 C W
10 24 14 Agent OJ 3694 3717 C W
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
JB took me long enough to reply huh? Sorry...
I'm trying a new macro set up and technique including lighting. I hope my images will improve with time, the learning curve is tough for me sometimes.
Here are the first to be posted since starting a week ago. I have lots more to share with you and I'll be back before 10 months has passed ...I hope!

Subcool Seed Agent Orange, my first time with a Subcool variety. She passes my test..enjoy..DD
View attachment 453203
Holy fuck! (pardon me, but!) Are you stacking the macros to get that kind of depth of field? That's just amazing.

DoobieDuck

DoobieDuck

Premium Member
Supporter
Rosenburg the camera a Canon 5D Mkiii, lense Canon MPE 65mm, set up..yet to be determined..thanks!

Seamaiden always good to see you. thanks, andYes....I am stacking, or at least trying to stack. I have never done it before ever, it is totally new for me, and not an easy process to learn; at least not easy for this old timer. To get these I have been shooting hundreds of images that have failed yet I persist. I am going to conquer the learning curve or start throwing shit, I won't quit but duck! Working with a MPE65mm lens is tough enough but lighting and set up are equally as important; I have not got the lighting right yet.
You guys like um, here's a couple from a Bohempians Sour Diesel cross I have in the grow, thanks truly for your likes..DD

10 21 14 Bo sour D 3093 3153 C W
10 22 14 Bo sour D 3276 3335 C W
10 22 14 Bo Sour D 3340 3348 C W
10 22 14 Bo Sour D 3349 3370 C W
10 22 14 Bo Sour D 3372 3388 C W

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Rosenburg the camera a Canon 5D Mkiii, lense Canon MPE 65mm, set up..yet to be determined..thanks!

Seamaiden always good to see you. thanks, andYes....I am stacking, or at least trying to stack. I have never done it before ever, it is totally new for me, and not an easy process to learn; at least not easy for this old timer. To get these I have been shooting hundreds of images that have failed yet I persist. I am going to conquer the learning curve or start throwing shit, I won't quit but duck! Working with a MPE65mm lens is tough enough but lighting and set up are equally as important; I have not got the lighting right yet.
You guys like um, here's a couple from a Bohempians Sour Diesel cross I have in the grow, thanks truly for your likes..DD

View attachment 454069 View attachment 454070 View attachment 454071 View attachment 454072 View attachment 454073
@Coir uses that rig and method. I priced them out, hoo boy! Can't afford a piece of glass quite like that right now, but boy oh boy does it make a difference.

Fantastic, if you're having trouble doing the stacks, I couldn't tell from here.

Kdub

Kdub

Great work man. Nice job DD. Awesome shots. There is far more to these great shots than good equipment. I have a badass camera and I know I couldn't get shots like that. I have a family member who is a high end commercial photographer. Every time someone says "you must have a great camera" he refers back to his go-to saying, "that's like eating an Amazing home cooked meal and saying "you must have some nice pots and pans"".....

Coir

Coir

I get the "you must have a really nice camera" thing all the time. My standard response is "yes, it's amazing. I put it on a tripod and come back a few hours later and I am always blown away at the pictures it takes while I am gone.".

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Great work man. Nice job DD. Awesome shots. There is far more to these great shots than good equipment. I have a badass camera and I know I couldn't get shots like that. I have a family member who is a high end commercial photographer. Every time someone says "you must have a great camera" he refers back to his go-to saying, "that's like eating an Amazing home cooked meal and saying "you must have some nice pots and pans"".....
SO fucking true! Put a great camera in my hands and you get mediocre photos. Put a crappy camera in my dad's or sons' hands and you get some amazing photos. WTF? I wanna take pix like that, too.

DoobieDuck

DoobieDuck

Premium Member
Supporter
DOOB!!!

Good lookin amber trichomes on them
green toungs haha...;)
Lg

Lg, I've been working my ass off trying to get more amber, funny thing is no matter how long I let um go at my grow I only get a few..no ones been able to explain that! Thanks...

@Coir uses that rig and method. I priced them out, hoo boy! Can't afford a piece of glass quite like that right now, but boy oh boy does it make a difference.

Fantastic, if you're having trouble doing the stacks, I couldn't tell from here.

Seamaiden you know I like seeing you here, I have saved all my life for this set up, but the wifey and I could never justify buying it. Now I can't drive, I go no where and spend money like I used to hunting and fishing, hiking and hunting arrowhead, water skiing and drinking a ton of beer..smiles...so it's the only thing I have left. Great therapy indeed....

Nice pics man..

Not sure if you are using a stacking program or just PS but this place has a free trial of their software: http://zerenesystems.com/cms/stacker I have it and it works great for these types of images.
The Canon MT-24ex flash is also really handy to have. You can control the flash units separately and with the coiled cord, you can move them anywhere around the subject for lighting.

Coir I'm trying stacking as I mentioned, I didn't mention I have the 24EX too..not as happy with results with it but using it....thanks..

Like getting that ^ response too caveman..thanks..

these pictures are marvelous @DoobieDuck

Thank you cannaweed..

Kdub you got it right, thanks so much for your observation and comments, like telling Picasso you must have nice brushes...smiles...

I get the "you must have a really nice camera" thing all the time. My standard response is "yes, it's amazing. I put it on a tripod and come back a few hours later and I am always blown away at the pictures it takes while I am gone.".

It's nice hearing that friend, I do shoot meteorite pics that way, with a timer and get up the next day and look thru them..cheers...

SO fucking true! Put a great camera in my hands and you get mediocre photos. Put a crappy camera in my dad's or sons' hands and you get some amazing photos. WTF? I wanna take pix like that, too.

Neighbor you're welcome to come for a lesson some day..peace...

I'm having some enlargements, mounted prints made of some of those last pics, and these, they're nice, nicest I've seen. I will be showing and selling at the Emerald Cup in December, hope to see you there...more from the lens..DD

My Moonmonkey Haze
10 23 14 MMHaze 3564 3582 C W

Devil Weed Apollo Purps
11 02 14 purps 4621 4635 C W

Bohempians Sour Diesel cross...
11 02 14 Bo Sour D 4699 4721 C W

Coir

Coir

Do you have the small diffusers that snap onto the 24-EX flash heads? They help a lot and I also find myself adding more diffusion many time. A tissue works great over the plastic diffusers to soften the light even more.

DoobieDuck

DoobieDuck

Premium Member
Supporter
Coir use I have those ^ ..I am adding two 400 watt daylight bulbs in Smith Vector stands..helping with the shadows. I have an Einstein flash that was used in some of the pics, really can't tell you which aas to many to count or keep track..smiles..DD

DoobieDuck

DoobieDuck

Premium Member
Supporter
Guys I'm getting caught up and have many more macros to share. Here are some from my MoonMonkey Haze.
I'll be loading the last of my fall studio flower shots in my Fall Flowers thread too in the next couple weeks, enjoy and please tag along. @Coir FYI these today are not stacks. Peace..DD
IMG 0626 MMHaze C W
IMG 0630 MMHaze C W
IMG 0635 MMHaze C W
IMG 0669 MMHaze C W

Top Bottom