drdre and trees

• Thread starter Drdre
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Be super careful with rockwool in these systems as the rockwool stays too wet around the stem and can cause elephants foot and stem rot. Then, the whole plant dies overnight. You can scrape the rockwool away from the trunk and see it just below the surface. A greyish brown slime that smells like raw sewage.

D

Drdre

Guy who digs fat girls
Supporter
Cap thanks ill keep my eye out I dont think she's not going to die over night now that happen 10 days ago
and I think if it was going to happen it would of happen I caught the day after water had got that high thanks everyone for good advice

D

Drdre

Guy who digs fat girls
Supporter
The girls 004
The girls 001
its going great papa only got 2 pics for you but more to come soon 17 days left and I will start chopping mango. sour d has 25 days left I will also start flushing in a week with ppms at 200

D

Drdre

Guy who digs fat girls
Supporter
mango has 7 days sour d has 15 days. I wont bullshit anyone i do have some burnt buds but not a lot i did overgrow my room and my run was not perfect i hope to correct the things that went wrong on my next run. any advice is much appreciated

Funkstarfish

Funkstarfish

nice grow show. Its not easy to keep that much vegetative material that healthy for that long.

I think your limiting factor is training. Some more time spent training and positioning plants in such a large room would pay many dividends. There are so many interesting pruning and training threads, I'm not even sure where to point you first. Looks like a rewarding grow none the less, thanks for sharing.

Papa

Papa

Supporter
they look a bit light and fluffy . . . which is what i would expect from the 60" centers. i'd reduce that to 48-50" max to improve the quality . . . . or keep the 60" centers and stack two thouies wherever you now have one.

J

Jalisco Kid

they look a bit light and fluffy . . . which is what i would expect from the 60" centers. i'd reduce that to 48-50" max to improve the quality . . . . or keep the 60" centers and stack two thouies wherever you now have one.
Those buds you are looking at are on the outside of the plant. How far from the light do you think they are? I would stack them but that just helps the bottom out so you have less popcorn. JK

D

Drdre

Guy who digs fat girls
Supporter
Papa I don't have time put new plumbing but I have 6 ballast I can stack my 3 center plant and compare them against the rest on next run if its better quality or any positive difference i will be getting a power upgrade I thank you and the others for the great advice

D

Drdre

Guy who digs fat girls
Supporter
Jk anything you see I could do to improve please I want any suggestions

Papa

Papa

Supporter
I can stack my 3 center plant and compare them against the rest on next run if its better quality or any positive difference

i think that would be a very good thing to do.
if i remember right, you're currently running 30k in the room? and what are the overall room dimensions?

Papa

Papa

Supporter
jk, did you happen to catch the feature in the NY Times on Orozco?

okay drdre, so you're at 48w/sq. ft.
it looks as if you're finishing up with healthy looking plants and you had minimal bumps along the way.
generally speaking, from this point forward, there are two areas that are going to have the largest impact on your quantity and quality (assuming you stick with the same genetics). the first is quantity/quality of light, and the second is vpd.

you're currently at 48w/sq. ft. in your room. assuming you stick with the same size room and with HPS, you would look at increasing the wattage on the plants. 60 watts/sq. ft. would up your game significantly . . . . 65 would be spectacular . . . 80 w/sq. ft. (while maintaining your vpd goals) and you'd have an epic grow.

this is not only about throwing more lamps into the room. you've got to have the a/c and humidification to supplement the increase in light.

Last edited:
J

Jalisco Kid

jk, did you happen to catch the feature in the NY Times on Orozco?

I did not till this morning. He is one of us, he is Tapatio. He was into woodblock prints for a while. He has one of a man with his feet up on a wooden table w/a bottle on it. In the background a line of people carrying things. I am going to use a film transfer onto ceramics and install that on my patio. I have been a big fan of his for a long time. I used to work with weavers and I have used his work in making pictorials. Suerte JK

ttystikk

ttystikk

Papa I put them in at 7in and veg was 20 days. I have a ton of fans on the floor and my cages have propped things back I will get pics with cages on. Yes I overgrew my room this is only my second grow in hydro and this system. I will be the first to say I am a ROOKIE! Babyh i only posted this grow because of your assumption that I am just trolling and I have and imaginary grow I hope this puts those thoughts to rest. I use dm only because I have easy and affordable accesses to it I am not competing with anyone just simply trying to grow meds without spending a arm and leg. If anyone has suggestions on what I could do to improve my grows I would like to hear it.

I got one money saving suggestion right off the bat; use Jacks. Especially with monster RDWC systems, it's a complete formula and it's so cheap you'll feel dumb about all the money you ever spent at the 'hydro' store.

Top Bottom