Drip Irrigation Help

• Thread starter Cleancanna
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Cleancanna

Hey guys i have a leader 3/4hp pump going to about 50ft of 1” pvc and 9 FloraFlex 8drip manifolds with drip lines going to each plant. I am having a problem with a few random drip lines seem to keep dripping even after the timer is off. Im far from a plumber and really have no idea what to do in this situation. Its like 3 of the 9 manifolds (in random spots) constantly drip! Please help!

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Tighten them by turning the nozzle heads.
If it doesn’t work change those drip nozzles.
Are all on the level? Or these dripping ones are significantly lower than the others?

C

Cleancanna

Are all on the level? Or these dripping ones are significantly lower than the others?
I think your right, i just went around and re-leveled the pvc pipe (about 50-60ft) and it is much more level all around now than it was before. I will check tomorrow next time the drippers come on to see if it solved my problem. Thanks!!

C

Cleancanna

So after leveling all of the pvc tubing it seems to have made no difference. Should i try attatching a pressure regulator? If so where would i attach it? Between my leader and res or after the leader (if it will even help)

straincreation

straincreation

Do you have a picture? It sounds like you just need to make your main manifold alot lower than you actual pump, what it sounds like is your siphoning out. If for some reason you cant you should put some 2x4 at the end to make it more difficult to push against gravity.

Latest posts

Top Bottom