Drip System Question(s)

• Thread starter My420Seeds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

My wet dry cycles depends on the stage of growth and temps/humidity/light. When iam going for established roots i go as low as around 70 to 80% dry down. Then hit em till about 15% runoff. As the mature and are in the slab..I like to feed/water when just the very bottom of the slab is still moist. Alot of growers overwater when growing in rockwool. Once roots are established you can hammer em like coco but I still dont. At peak flower its very much like coco coir growing. About the same EC (around 1.6- 1.8) but a little lower pH..around 5.6 to 5.8. Because their is no cation exchange with rockwool like most other substrates you can get a much better idea of whats going on in the root zone with runoff checks. I still take samples with a big syringe from the slab itself but its rarely if ever off from actual drain runoff. Besides that..to me there is not much difference between coco and rockwool. Except the wool is way less messy and much quicker transplants. Just setting a block on another block basically. With alot of plants..is 10x faster than transplanting pot up of loose substrates like peat or coco coir.
I definitely can see the positives.
So I’m guessing you run it sterile like a DWC? No microbiology in the rootzone? Do you run something to keep it clean like h202 or hydroguard or something?

P

Pimples

I definitely can see the positives.
So I’m guessing you run it sterile like a DWC? No microbiology in the rootzone? Do you run something to keep it clean like h202 or hydroguard or something?
With rockwool slab growing...I might run a root stimulator early on..but once they are chugging along..its just base nutes and silica. I save all the additives for foliar spraying. A kelp/fulvic/amino weekly in veg to be exact. But no mycorizzhae or bacillus type stuff in rockwool for me. No sterilizers like peroxide for that matter.

My420Seeds

My420Seeds

20 second feed every hour?

guess its experiment until i get max

I had to toss 20 clones. over 2 weeks all the stems did was start to swell a bit.
i made 24 more. after 10 days they look the same as the others.
temp around 80-82F 5.8ph water.
no food just 4 30w grow light tubes over a domed tray

wtf am i doing wrong. tables ready, why cant i get clones to take??
not a feckin root to be seen. i never had this trouble before,
in fact it was all i could do to STOP them from rooting.
I'd cry if i saw one.

makes no sense...

sigh i am getting discouraged here.

oakville

Top Bottom