Drooping Leaves In Coco

• Thread starter bibiking
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
3 balls

3 balls

What I've found to be the case in these forums, is that it's human nature to visualize your own grow when reading the posts and trying to help others.
The reality of it, is there are two very different worlds of coco growers.
For lack of better terminology
1.Those that use it for hydro.
2.Those who use it as a soil substitute to have full control over feeding.

B

bibiking

it is for sure not lack of water, not over fertilizing, nor cold.
I will remove it from the coco and check it roots. hope it would help

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I’m running mostly coco mix and seems a good water once a day is ok so far in 4 gallons. But haven’t hit 12/12 yet so I’m sure the demand will go up.

My total/mostly Sativa uses twice as much water as my others, despite it being VERY tall and lanky and nowhere near as dense as the indicas or hybrids. I don't know why, but I have noted it with this one certain old school Sativa strain...it droops very quickly and easily consumes 1 or 1.5 gallons a day...and still not seeing any overflow out the bottom of the bucket. The demand goes up considerably when flowering.

chemistry

chemistry

I like a 18/6 light schedule in veg, and 12/12 for flower, 3 days in the dark in veg just means 3 days of lost growth to me, and in early growth, you want them to reach for the sky. And why two pots? Would your plant not do better in one, root wise.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
What I've found to be the case in these forums, is that it's human nature to visualize your own grow when reading the posts and trying to help others.
The reality of it, is there are two very different worlds of coco growers.
For lack of better terminology
1.Those that use it for hydro.
2.Those who use it as a soil substitute to have full control over feeding.

Things have certainly changed over the years, as was said above. Just using a HID 1000 Watt light used to be ultra high tech, now it is OLDDddd school stuff. The nutrients have advanced considerably, although the marketing has very much outpaced the innovations, IMHO. I have used Promix for decades because it works well for me, but I'm not a commercial grower. I consider the Promix to be pretty much interchangeable for a decent medium, but I grow more like #2 above. I use Promix and haven't tried Coco, mostly because of the problems I've heard here and with some friends who use it. Is Coco that much different than Promix that causes the problems I'm seeing? Or is it just over-thinking the process instead of just letting it grow?
I use regular 20--20-20 weekly or as needed and haven't had any problems like I sometimes see when using Coco (or in many cases, ANY medium!:cool:

3 balls

3 balls

Things have certainly changed over the years, as was said above. Just using a HID 1000 Watt light used to be ultra high tech, now it is OLDDddd school stuff. The nutrients have advanced considerably, although the marketing has very much outpaced the innovations, IMHO. I have used Promix for decades because it works well for me, but I'm not a commercial grower. I consider the Promix to be pretty much interchangeable for a decent medium, but I grow more like #2 above. I use Promix and haven't tried Coco, mostly because of the problems I've heard here and with some friends who use it. Is Coco that much different than Promix that causes the problems I'm seeing? Or is it just over-thinking the process instead of just letting it grow?
I use regular 20--20-20 weekly or as needed and haven't had any problems like I sometimes see when using Coco (or in many cases, ANY medium!:cool:
I went from soil to Promix for about a year then coco. For the most part they are very similar at least when growing like #2 that is. It would have been a painless switch had I not read or heard all the stuff that is mainly applicable to the #1 type growers. I became dissatisfied with Promix when I really got into run off and soil/medium ph monitoring. I got some batches of Promix that were a full ph unit off. I went to cannacon looking to make a change and my boys at House and Garden steered me towards the Royal Gold Tupur. I'm happy with it. If you were to switch, just treat it like promix. Special bonus feature- it doesn't crust over like trying to water a log.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Your post was on point in my opinion. For my part I was being a smart ass, I don't water 37 times a day. I get a kick out of the its coco you have to water more stuff. Personally I have seen many more problems with guys overwatering in coco.
These plants are 1 1/2 months from seed. Auto drip irrigated 3 times a day until runoff. 70/30 coco/perlite mix in 5gal fabric pots. Fed REMO nutrients at 1.1EC. This picture was just before moving them under the HPS for flip. Would you consider these “overwatered”? Do they exhibit any issues you would associate with coco growing?

9180E142 BB25 4BD6 BEE9 764AD15E8DDC
3 balls

3 balls

These plants are 1 1/2 months from seed. Auto drip irrigated 3 times a day until runoff. 70/30 coco/perlite mix in 5gal fabric pots. Fed REMO nutrients at 1.1EC. This picture was just before moving them under the HPS for flip. Would you consider these “overwatered”? Do they exhibit any issues you would associate with coco growing?
They look great, just like the rooms full of coco grown that I have.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Because if you water every 2-3 days in coco and your plants look like that, I would love to know your secret. It would save me some money on nutes.

3 balls

3 balls

Really? And they look great? I would love to see them. I’m kind of a grow nerd like that. Got any pics or a grow log?
I'm making it all up actually. They look like hell, most of them die. I don't give two shits and a popsicle if you pull up a chair and water 24/7 bud.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Thank you guys :)
the coco is wet, I will let it dry and hope for the best.
I always runoff, of course.

I do have 2 more pots next to it with same condition, and they are alive and well, so it's hard for me to believe it was the darkness that stressed it like this.
what do you think?
rule of thumb in coco is never let your coco dry all the way out. This is a well known fact among many successful growers who are successful in coco.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
You know, I was trying to be nice to you and maybe learn something new. But now I’m really starting to smell the bullshit.
smellin what he be layn down eh???? Let it roll off like water of a ducks back...…….. :D When we engage we give away our power to the other side...…….

Top Bottom