Drosera Capensis..eats Some Of My Bugs

• Thread starter Stardusted
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Stardusted

Stardusted

I have been raising insect eating plants since I was in the sorry 6th grade..I'm old as dirt! And hate it!hehe. So the plant I'm growing are plants from a gentleman that I got from from in France, name Marcel Lucofle..I have a small frarm of plants in the coastal pine plane, alone the Gulf of Mexico. The sundews..trash white fly..and others..a fan blowing the little buggers into the tenicles for their food..they love full sun..an RO water..so much in this world!
Drosera capensiseats some of my bugs

Ecompost

Ecompost

I have a few carnivorous plants myself. I love them.
i use a wide range of host plants for bug predators, lacewings, ladybugs, wasps and so on, to encourage these to live around me at all times, I also use combinations of companion plants which I know offer bio control benefits through microbial soil associations and the up regulation of defense systems and or suppression enzymes for the rhizone.

Dunge

Dunge

i use a wide range of host plants for bug predators, lacewings, ladybugs, wasps and so on, to encourage these to live around me at all times
Have you come upon information on the cultivation (husbandry?) of insects?
I watched some lacewing nymphs hunt and would like to maintain a population.
These things are terrifying.
Glad they are so small.

Ecompost

Ecompost

Have you come upon information on the cultivation (husbandry?) of insects?
I watched some lacewing nymphs hunt and would like to maintain a population.
These things are terrifying.
Glad they are so small.
yes, we try the usual things to maintain presence, there is a wealth of data on line about border planting for bio control and this area is growing quickly too with commercial benefits to those who can cultivate and reintroduce missing speices

Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

I LOVE Drosera! I bought one this spring and it sparked my Carnie interest (plants not carnival workers lol) , I actually like these more than VFT. I ordered what I thought were Venus Flytrap seeds, too... but they just turned out to be Dragon Fruit... If an amazon/ebay deal seems too good to be true, it just might be!

Oppogrow

Oppogrow

i use a wide range of host plants for bug predators, lacewings, ladybugs, wasps and so on, to encourage these to live around me at all times, I also use combinations of companion plants which I know offer bio control benefits through microbial soil associations and the up regulation of defense systems and or suppression enzymes for the rhizone.

What companion plants do you find yourself using the most when growing outdoors? & Do you use trap plants to occupy pests nearby?

Top Bottom