Dry ice extraction

• Thread starter BudderNoon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
St3ve

St3ve

I'm gonna try this also, looks pretty easy.

So.. how much are you guys doing at a time? Whats a good ice to trim ratio? I'm sure you don't want to do like 3 pounds of trim at a time or anything.

L

LikemindS

I'm gonna try this also, looks pretty easy.

So.. how much are you guys doing at a time? Whats a good ice to trim ratio? I'm sure you don't want to do like 3 pounds of trim at a time or anything.

I did about 2 oz of trim and used 1/4 of the block of dry ice.
The demo i saw on youtube, they used about 4oz of trim and the same amount of dry ice. If you wanna do a lot at once, I would get a tumbler and use dry ice with it.
Happy Shakin!!!
:banana1sv6:

S

steelyeyes

I did 150 grams and like 3 lb. in a 5 gallon 220 micron bubble bag. It's not that much work. Just make sure you have a large glass surface to shake it over and work from one end toward the other as quality will deteriorate as you start breaking down more plant material. It starts out blonde and heads toward green. Personally I think it all smokes just fine but if you're trying to move it you want to use the blonder looking stuff.

Kief is an under-appreciated substance in both the patient and dispensary communities I've found. I just think people are ignorant about what it is and what it will do for them. The only reason I donate the stuff is because 1.5 oz of hash would keep me baked for most of a year and I have a lot more stuff to process or throw away than that in a year.

D

DazedNconfussed

Have any of you used the dry ice hash and converted it to water hash or oil?

I have a feeling clubs may pay better for water hash over strait dry ice hash.

I took a few grams and experimented with converting it to water hash..

Made my dry ice hash with a 220 bag...then mixed it real good with a couple cups of water, then ran it through a 120 bag, then ran what filtered through the 120 bag through a 25 micron to catch everything else....so far the 120 micron filtered hash i caught on the 25 micron is looking really good...still drying them out.

Blaze

Blaze

You can get "full melt" type dry sift that is similar to bubble but it is more tricky. You need to have the right screens to filter it properly and be super gentle when you make it. I enjoy kief myself but it rarely has the purity that good bubble has - I always see a lot more contaminants in the dry sift. Curious to see how your little experiment goes though, and if it helps improve the quality.

D

DazedNconfussed

ill let you know how the end produst turns out, i think ill add a 73 micron bag to the filter process next...after mixing the dry ice hash with water, the hash left on the 120 bag was definatly lower quality then the hash I had on the 25 micron...maybe adding a 73 micron can refine it further next time...these Jamaican OG kush trichome heads are small...

when attempting to make full melt dry ice hash, can you dry sift it with bubble bags, or do you need some of those steel screens?

Im all about quality....

Im also contemplating doing a BHO run with just strait dry ice hash ran through the 220 bag....thing is ill need to run probly 20 grams at least to fill a SS torkey baster. Wonder how much BHO oil id end up with.

Blaze

Blaze

Adding another bag definitely helps. Though it is very strain dependent, the highest quality is usually somewhere in the 60-120 micron range.

K11NG

K11NG

did my first dry ice extraction and was deffinetaly impressed witht h results! way easier then the bubble bags and much more yeild. pulled 36 grams off of about 5 pds of trim, some suger and some fan leaves. threw 10 pds of dry ice figured gonna go to waist why not get it really cold. the first shake was about a minute or 2 and then another minute or 2 shake, that run gave the nice gold color and about 20 gs. the ext 2 set of shake were just to see what came out. and grabbed up another 16 gs. dried both runs and the second was pretty green and didnt dry as well. the first gold color run drie nice and smoke amazing. deff worth the 10 bucks I spent on the dry ice. cant wait to do a run with strictly sugar leaves!

Landfishd

Landfishd

This method kicks ass!! Ran about 450 grams and ended up with 40 grams of blonde goodness. 20 grams of some greener stuff. The material processed was total crap it got cooked under the light with no water for a week before it was done.

Processed with the 160 bag. Looked under the 100x scope and you can see many contaminants, but it's still mostly a bunch of crystals. I wish I did some experimenting with the 120 bag to compare, but I forgot that I had a scope to play with until it was all done.

Poop 024
Poop 017
L

LikemindS

This method kicks ass!! Ran about 450 grams and ended up with 40 grams of blonde goodness. 20 grams of some greener stuff. The material processed was total crap it got cooked under the light with no water for a week before it was done.

Processed with the 160 bag. Looked under the 100x scope and you can see many contaminants, but it's still mostly a bunch of crystals. I wish I did some experimenting with the 120 bag to compare, but I forgot that I had a scope to play with until it was all done.

Lookin Good 'Landfishd'
Glad to see the method works well even with "total crap".
I plan on using the 120 bag next time.
Happy Growin :)

C

cali4nia626

heres a little tip on gettin FULL MELT...look at the tric with a microscope to determine what kind of bag to use

W

weedmon5

How thoroughly would you grind buds for this method? Coffee grinder or Mendo Mulcher?
I've done this with trim a few times and love it.

N

ncmaineac

explanation

i have read the entire thread but is there a how to from beginning to end with pics...or a utube vid that would explain...i will search utube to see but if anyone knows a good vid to see how this is made i would appreciate it.

i dont have any bags...so do i have to buy a set of 5 bags or 3 bags or what..if so what sizes should i get...i will be getting 5 gallon bucket size. should i use 120, 160, ???

and a place to buy them as well...i have seen some cheapos on ebay...would like something that wont rip apart after a couple of uses..

thanks to everyone...i have a bunch of raskal wifi to make into some nice hash...

ncm

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
i have read the entire thread but is there a how to from beginning to end with pics...or a utube vid that would explain...i will search utube to see but if anyone knows a good vid to see how this is made i would appreciate it.

i dont have any bags...so do i have to buy a set of 5 bags or 3 bags or what..if so what sizes should i get...i will be getting 5 gallon bucket size. should i use 120, 160, ???

and a place to buy them as well...i have seen some cheapos on ebay...would like something that wont rip apart after a couple of uses..

thanks to everyone...i have a bunch of raskal wifi to make into some nice hash...

ncm

http://youtu.be/1buSgDNfGFQ

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
That method works great. It quick and easy I have done it a few times now with a 110 screen

Plant matter still gets though and this is really more like keif...

and Not like bubble at all really...

Edit to add...Works Great in Joints and bowls over weed though!!

:banana1sv6::bong-hits:

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I supose you could use a 73 bag...it would a bit cleaner

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
N

ncmaineac

dry ice

is there a ratio of dry to weed to start out with...like 3 oz weed to 3 lbs of dry ice???? see it all but nothing on this issue...thanks for helping...

ncm

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
is there a ratio of dry to weed to start out with...like 3 oz weed to 3 lbs of dry ice???? see it all but nothing on this issue...thanks for helping...

ncm

I don't think so ..I never weighed the ice...so...Hmm..:sweating

Just put a bout a dozen golfball sized peices of ice for 3 oz of weed

Cort

Cort

I laughed the other day when a shop told me the kief was CO2 extraction... fresh made this morning.

Latest posts

Top Bottom