Dry Yeast

• Thread starter McLeafy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

McLeafy

Anyone try dry yeast foliar sprays? If so, what was your experience like?

J

JarrettRiggs

It's a waste of time IMO not being harsh. I tried on my third run and got a bunch of fungus gnats and didn't notice any improvements. Hope that helps

xavier7995

xavier7995

What are you hoping to achieve? Not a practice I have heard of and I can't think of any benefit it would bring to a plant.

M

McLeafy

What are you hoping to achieve? Not a practice I have heard of and I can't think of any benefit it would bring to a plant.
Studies have shown it to increase dry plant weight by around 20%. Just 2 applications

J

JarrettRiggs

It wasn't on cannabis of course. It was a few studies. I'll be right back.
Cool. I read some forum thread when I was an amateur about some guy doing it to increase yield and I regretted it but I was also novice.

xavier7995

xavier7995

Skimmed a few papers and such, I guess it makes sense how it could be beneficial, there was a good one where they were studying that along with compost teas. Compost teas got me thinking of knf and ferments...and yeast is part of fermenting so...that is what I am going with as the answer to my question of how/why.

Not sure how beneficial it would wind up being in cannabis since we already are pushing a lot more nutrition than what you would in traditional agriculture. Interesting idea none the less and I am curious to hear about people's experiences.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
It seems there is a process of extraction involved. If i am not mistaken in the experiment with faba beans they first feed the yeast until it produces the necessary elements and when it is ready they freeze it and thaw it twice to brake the cells of the yeast to get the enzymes and all the goodness inside the cell. It would be kind of hard to determine exactly when to start the process of freezing without a very precise feeding solution and extended knowledge about the yeast and fermentation process which i don’t have but maybe someone could give some pointers.

M

McLeafy

It seems there is a process of extraction involved. If i am not mistaken in the experiment with faba beans they first feed the yeast until it produces the necessary elements and when it is ready they freeze it and thaw it twice to brake the cells of the yeast to get the enzymes and all the goodness inside the cell. It would be kind of hard to determine exactly when to start the process of freezing without a very precise feeding solution and extended knowledge about the yeast and fermentation process which i don’t have but maybe someone could give some pointers.

M

McLeafy

The broth recipe is in one of the papers as is the optimal growth period. I saw the freeze thaw but in other experiments that step is absent. I think for our purposes its going to require trial and error and detailed note keeping. I mean it's more than one or two papers...pretty exciting stuff. Cheap materials to begin low risk high reward potential.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
The broth recipe is in one of the papers as is the optimal growth period. I saw the freeze thaw but in other experiments that step is absent. I think for our purposes its going to require trial and error and detailed note keeping. I mean it's more than one or two papers...pretty exciting stuff. Cheap materials to begin low risk high reward potential.

Yes, i agree with you on this, it possibly offers some important benefits. Would love to see how it goes if you can do a side by side with pics maybe, for the sake of science :D

M

MrGreenGreen

It's the enzymes and PGRs. They sell seed sprout tonics so yes it's beneficial.

Top Bottom