Drying/curing Advice

• Thread starter UncleRomulus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Hey farm. I grow in an extremely limited space. Only place I can hang my plants is between veg and flower chamber. Mostly dark during lights on and completely dark at night. 45 humidity at 75 degrees during day, and 55-60 humidity and 65 degrees at night.
If I just shorten my hang time a day or two do you think it will still be good product or should i figure something out. I m really not sure if I can have the kind of control to keep 60

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I run 65-68 at 55% humidity. I seem to get a jump start on curing at that temp and humid. Usually takes 10-14 days depending on size of plant. But I grow tall plants 5-7 foot ID.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Hey farm. I grow in an extremely limited space. Only place I can hang my plants is between veg and flower chamber. Mostly dark during lights on and completely dark at night. 45 humidity at 75 degrees during day, and 55-60 humidity and 65 degrees at night.
If I just shorten my hang time a day or two do you think it will still be good product or should i figure something out. I m really not sure if I can have the kind of control to keep 60
I think you’ll be alright. Try not to shorten more then 2 days.

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Ya I think with the 40 humidity days and couple ounce plants, I might just hang a week at most before it’s in the jars. I’ll just burp em lots. I doubt it will ruin the product, but I’m open to someone setting me straight on this matter. Really let me have it lol

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Ya I m not about to jar wet bud. Just always have had the opposite issues with humidity this time of year in my climate. End up with far to crispy product

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Build yourself a drying box.
I’ll try and draw up a 1-1.5x 4 foot box that will suspend from the ceiling. I’ll mention again I live in a tiny house haha. So I can just control humidity by how much air flow in box?

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Between veg and flower I’m using 30-35 sqft of a 45-50 sqft room lol. And I need to keep everything confined to that room. Although I have pretty much taken over the kitchen sink

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I’ll try and draw up a 1-1.5x 4 foot box that will suspend from the ceiling. I’ll mention again I live in a tiny house haha. So I can just control humidity by how much air flow in box?
That’s tough, relative humidity in the house should help. But when you close the door with wet plant inside you will increase humidity. You got to figure out how to remove higher humidity. Circulating air out of the box is realy your only choice if you do not have a dehumidifier. That’s gona be a trial and error project.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Between veg and flower I’m using 30-35 sqft of a 45-50 sqft room lol. And I need to keep everything confined to that room. Although I have pretty much taken over the kitchen sink
I took over the garage when we moved.i told her “it’ll only be for a couple months till I can get the room built”. It’s been 1 year and 5 months. I’m lucky she’s very patient.lol

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

I gotta build myself a garage next summer man. Could have some room back in the house. My wife is a saint lol. If she ever quits toking tho I’m screwed for sure as far as taking up house space

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

That’s tough, relative humidity in the house should help. But when you close the door with wet plant inside you will increase humidity. You got to figure out how to remove higher humidity. Circulating air out of the box is realy your only choice if you do not have a dehumidifier. That’s gona be a trial and error project.
Right. Size of box and how much air to move through etc. I do have a dehumidifier tho but it’s for keeping the flower room from getting up to 70 at night. I keep it under 50. I’ll just try halfways Inclosing them and keep checking.

Latest posts

Top Bottom