Drying Hay Smell

• Thread starter richfletch
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

richfletch

Hey everyone, I decided to harvest my plants once I started seeing some amber trichomes. I prefer more of an uplifting high rather than a couch lock. Anyways, I have had them hanging in a closet in the dark with the temp in the high 60s/low 70s. I don’t have a way to check the humidity unfortunately. They have been hanging 4 days and the buds feel crisp on the outside, but the branches are still folding and it’s starting to smell like hay rather than the weed smell when they were growing. Is this smell going to change or did I mess things up somehow? They looked great when I cut them down and trimmed them, but I’m afraid I’ve gotten this far and messed them up somehow. Anything would help

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Your biggest mistake was not monitoring your humidity level in there. 68f at 55% humidity I’ve found is my sweet spot. Most likely with the hay smell.......... it’s not good.

R

richfletch

As in not good weed or something is messed up. The weed still looks good, but idk anymore. Just disappointed lol

4272F0D5 BC3E 4592 B184 EFA4FA3C28D4
Fangthane

Fangthane

My Tangerine Dream smelled great while flowering, but had basically no smell while drying. A thorough dry and some time in jars ended up bringing out the smell again. Don't give up on your buds yet.

bongstar

bongstar

You ruined them by wet trimming. Never ever wet trim, it destroys the flavor and smell

Top Bottom