Drying Help

• Thread starter Jordan Hawse
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I usually dry whole plant. Humidity 50-65% 70-80 degrees depending on time of day. I'll be moving dry tent to a ac room soon. However I get a good 7 days out of it and always fire.
I agree..but I will be taking down 3 pretty good sized outdoor plants and don't want to dry them inside the house..
I do the same with my smaller indoor plants as you do..Humidifiers at full blast..LOL
8 30 18 1

Leew421

Leew421

Unfortunately with summer you maybe running a portable ac with a dehuy

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Unfortunately with summer you maybe running a portable ac with a dehuy
My garage is over 600 sq ft..Not so easy to AC effectively..forgetting about our outdoor 10% RH, but Thanks..

H

hawkman

hear some thing like this before : 7 days dry at 70 degrees at 70% RH _ what do you guy's think (777 rule)

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

If your food storage bags have bpa you must live in China, buying ZipLorc knockoffs made from melted down sexdoll wigs and aol disks.

Best bud you never grew was dried in an open turkey bag and cured in a tied off turkey bag. Brand-name bags; don't even waste your energy checking for bpa: it's not there. And stored in 3 layers of vacc inside Glasslock tubs to keep the stink limited to one room. The fact that vacc bags and glasslock leak a little smell over time might seem like a bad thing, but it seems to have the opposite effect you'd think. Next time you crack open a mason jar of curing indo, rub your finger on the inside of the glass. I bet it will remind you of Blue Cheese or sweaty feet.

Canning lids have bpa or something similar. Lol and that new style engine block gasket that never fades.. You could bake the lids in the oven and they still smell like engine gasket. Love seein that shit on Instagram hahaha get some real lids you wannabe 'cannoisseurs'. Berner must be a poser, talkin all this flavor game. Engine gasket lids.. The weed he promotes in Az sure sucks fish dick.

(Those one-time tin 2 pieces aren't worth fumbling with. Stainless one piece lids with gaskets that don't stink on amazon for cheap.)

People need to stop hearing stuff and just know it. It's gonna take experiments. Not doing the whole crop the same. I've dried and cured individual grams. If you can sacrifice one plant to experiment thats a lot of variables to try out.. And which method won? Depends on the desired result! Tins for some baggies for others.

DismalDude

DismalDude

I sure didn't know about BPA on the gasket type mason jars...
Never mind,they went BPA free in 2013.Still didn't know about this until now.The big rubber gasket and glass tops are BPA free as well.

Last edited:
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I sure didn't know about BPA on the gasket type mason jars...
Never mind,they went BPA free in 2013.Still didn't know about this until now.The big rubber gasket and glass tops are BPA free as well.
I'm not trying to start anything, but I am surprised by all the banter about BPA and Weed/Mason Jars, considering how much crap they are dumping in the store bought foods..We only find about that AFTER the fact.

I'll take my chances with Ball/Kerr Mason Jars and lids..but will NOT KNOWINGLY consuming anything with GMOs..

3 balls

3 balls

I'm about to attempt my first "perfect" dry. Humidifier and portable AC on standby if necessary, going for 60F/60RH. Plenty of air flow and dark room. Hanging the plants whole. At the last minute I'm remembering discussion of leaving the fan leaves on, I cant remember the reasoning. Any thoughts for or against?

Reactions: Kot
K

Kot

I'm about to attempt my first "perfect" dry. Humidifier and portable AC on standby if necessary, going for 60F/60RH. Plenty of air flow and dark room. Hanging the plants whole. At the last minute I'm remembering discussion of leaving the fan leaves on, I cant remember the reasoning. Any thoughts for or against?
I think leaving the fan leaves on is with the intention the plant to continue eating the stored nutrients in them. When you cut it it continue to live for a while.

I personally hang them whole but remove some of the bigger fan leaves for convenience when trimming.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I think leaving the fan leaves on is with the intention the plant to continue eating the stored nutrients in them. When you cut it it continue to live for a while.

I personally hang them whole but remove some of the bigger fan leaves for convenience when trimming.

H

hawkman

din't know what to do ? us them or not ? present use the (65% RH - some say they seal the flavor swaer it thhis thess once (steal the flavor -- really don't know what to do ??????????????????? have heard both sides of it - know that some disapenseries use them,

H

hawkman

after w while they are of no use - if you remove them all inweek 6 , you will outout bigger buds because all the ligt gets to all the buds no blocked light and it also helps the plant use all moisture which you want in harvest !!!

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter

Always remove sun leaves. Sun leaves effect concentrates later. They have no effect on drying when your room has AC, hui and de hui. Sun leaves will slow down the drying process, which is beneficial when your dry room isn't dialed in. However when the room is dialed, the sun leaves don't help or hurt the dry process, as that is done with manipulating your machines.

So I always pull the sun leaves when time permits, as it makes a huge difference in concentrates.

Top Bottom