Drying Help

• Thread starter Jordan Hawse
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kot

Always remove sun leaves. Sun leaves effect concentrates later. They have no effect on drying when your room has AC, hui and de hui. Sun leaves will slow down the drying process, which is beneficial when your dry room isn't dialed in. However when the room is dialed, the sun leaves don't help or hurt the dry process, as that is done with manipulating your machines.

So I always pull the sun leaves when time permits, as it makes a huge difference in concentrates.
Yeah, if it is too dry those leaves will help you a lot.

btw why you would dry and cure buds if you will use them for concentrates? I would just throw them directly in the freezer.

3 balls

3 balls

din't know what to do ? us them or not ? present use the (65% RH - some say they seal the flavor swaer it thhis thess once (steal the flavor -- really don't know what to do ??????????????????? have heard both sides of it - know that some disapenseries use them,
My take on the Boveda packs is if you dry and cure properly they will prolong the quality while in storage. Most people I come across that don't like them were using them in hopes of rehydrating, which they will do, but the smell and flavor wont be the same. In other words they prevent issues not solve them.

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah, if it is too dry those leaves will help you a lot.

btw why you would dry and cure buds if you will use them for concentrates? I would just throw them directly in the freezer.

At our farm, we have waves of harvests. First we will our rooms with as much plants as we can fit. Then we harvest everything else that is ready, and put that all strait into freezers. Then refill the rooms and repeat. So you are correct, the highest quality concentrates come from the fresh frozen. However you still have to trim all those pretty buds, and if you have a ton of fan leaf, then that trim is pretty much trash, or has to be refined 3+ times. I find if the fan leaves are removed, then the larf and trim concentrates turns out pretty nice.

H

hawkman

My take on the Boveda packs is if you dry and cure properly they will prolong the quality while in storage. Most people I come across that don't like them were using them in hopes of rehydrating, which they will do, but the smell and flavor wont be the same. In other words they prevent issues not solve them.
meaning they steal the taste and smell but keep it at a specific rh ? but some/many commerical gfrower/disapensaeeeeries use tyem which is the best 62% or 55 % can't remember

H

hawkman

Try this : remove all fan leaves 4 days before harvest this really fattens the buds = helps in aidding the plant to dry out,, ect = promotes/increases terp's and oil's production

3 balls

3 balls

meaning they steal the taste and smell but keep it at a specific rh ? but some/many commerical gfrower/disapensaeeeeries use tyem which is the best 62% or 55 % can't remember
I use 62% for storage purposes. Imo, they don't add or takeaway anything, just prevent moisture loss.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

At our farm, we have waves of harvests. First we will our rooms with as much plants as we can fit. Then we harvest everything else that is ready, and put that all strait into freezers. Then refill the rooms and repeat. So you are correct, the highest quality concentrates come from the fresh frozen. However you still have to trim all those pretty buds, and if you have a ton of fan leaf, then that trim is pretty much trash, or has to be refined 3+ times. I find if the fan leaves are removed, then the larf and trim concentrates turns out pretty nice.

Can you discuss your freeze process? You wet trim then freeze. Is this for bho?

Rooke

Rooke

Hi all! Back in earlier October someone posted an excellent method of drying and curing. It involved removing all the large fans off the plant outside. Then cutting whole branches off the plants then hanging them in the dark keeping your temps cool around 60 f and slowly lower your humidity from 60% to no lower than 52 %. Once the stem is dry enough to snap he put the whole branches into brown paper bags with the tops of the bags folded over but not tightly sealed. He then checked the bags frequently as the moisture would increase in the bag he would open it rotate top to bottom then close the bag again. Once he achieved his goal humidity he then cured in mason jars burping as required. I followed his method useing large leaf bags Home Depot ones my branches were quite long note don't fill your bags over 1/3 full this allowed for about 14 days of slow drying. I used 3 gal white ice cream pails instead of mason jars and kept them in the dark the weed has an awesome cure on it now smells and tastes great and not as much burping involved my hats off to the person that posted his experience and expertise on that subject. I'm sure if you asked someone maybe able to steer you to it.ill use this method again in a heartbeat!

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter

I actually have a video on my IG of me harvesting some Magnum Opus in the fields. Think mid 2017 if interested My process is:

While the plant is still alive and growing, taking branch by branch down keeping the plant alive as long as possible before harvest.

#1 Cut down a branch
#2 Rough wet trim. This will be all the fan leaves, and any leaf that doesn't appear to have THC.
#3 Buck down buds
#4 Place bud inside vac seal bags, seal in the field
#5 Place in a cooler with 20+ lbs of dry ice or more. This flash freezes everything.
#6 Once done with a single plant, take all the material and drive it up to the freezers.

This has made some amazing concentrates. Also, yes, for bho.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I actually have a video on my IG of me harvesting some Magnum Opus in the fields. Think mid 2017 if interested My process is:

While the plant is still alive and growing, taking branch by branch down keeping the plant alive as long as possible before harvest.

#1 Cut down a branch
#2 Rough wet trim. This will be all the fan leaves, and any leaf that doesn't appear to have THC.
#3 Buck down buds
#4 Place bud inside vac seal bags, seal in the field
#5 Place in a cooler with 20+ lbs of dry ice or more. This flash freezes everything.
#6 Once done with a single plant, take all the material and drive it up to the freezers.

This has made some amazing concentrates. Also, yes, for bho.
I do pretty much the same for an outdoor grow, but on a much smaller scale..after freezing, a hash run follows, and then we rosin press a bit as well..personally, as much as I love Rosin..I still like to smoke hash..fresh frozen was a first for me this year, and it definitely will be again this summer . (Nevada)
Sample run:
Fresh Frozen 12 6 18

H

hawkman

like to just dry and cure trimming for dry ice hash, if I wanted to store for long periods they say freezeing is the way - right ? don't know if I mentioned this before to help remove moisture in your plant remove all fan leaves 4-5 day before harvest it ensures that the plant uses all extra water or nute's + buds increase/fatten in size !!!!!

H

hawkman

I do pretty much the same for an outdoor grow, but on a much smaller scale..after freezing, a hash run follows, and then we rosin press a bit as well..personally, as much as I love Rosin..I still like to smoke hash..fresh frozen was a first for me this year, and it definitely will be again this summer . (Nevada)
Sample run:
View attachment 851779

is it best to freeze your "hash" trimming or just dry ? Thanks !! probably makes no difference !! ??

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

is it best to freeze your "hash" trimming or just dry ? Thanks !! probably makes no difference !! ??
Once I make the hash..I either smoke it or squish it (after it dries...Fresh Frozen is extremely sticky and hard to handle)..Do you mean the scissor hash? If so, that caviar gets smoked up before the trimming job is even finished! LOL

Top Bottom