Drying In 20% Rh

• Thread starter Hands On
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hands On

Hands On

Drying in 20% RH

This might have ask many before, but when it comes time to hang and dry the plants, how can it be done with a humidity as low as 20%

xinobyte

xinobyte

Hang wet towels or buy a humidifier.

Lookup : TaoTronics TT-AH001 Cool Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier
I have seen a lot of people use it on this forum, myself included.
It's perfect because it's cheap and you can set the RH between 30%-95%.

H

Highkev

So do i need a Humidifier
Low humidity levels will dry your crop to fast and effect taste, burn quality, and potency. Drying is an important step to achieve the highest of quality cannabis. Raise it up 55% you will be happy with the outcome

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I like that, thanks for the info going to look into this humidifier.
I have that one x2..they work well..HOWEVER..like all of their units..they pay more attention to looks than reality in filling. If you are male with even medium sized hands..handling the tank is a royal PIA. The nozzles also leave a lot to be desired. With all that..I would buy them again and again..
I also have a newer model from them..same decent function, but same poor ergonomics. Also, the humidstat will always reset itself to 40% when the tank runs dry or power goes off..another poor design imo.

Next time, I will be looking for a floor standing model with a larger tank..(Our RH is like 10-20%)

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
I have seen someone building a rig for drying in low rh.
Basically what he did was, he got a big wooden box, hung some ropes, then hung the plants, whole plants on that ropes and cover the top with a trash bag. Let the air exchange thru the day by lifting the trash bag for a couple of minutes, couple of times during the day. Seems he got 7 days with a setup like this in a similar environment.
Also hanging directly with all the buds inside trashbags is another thing people do.
Wish i could be more helpful but if you ever have problems with high rh i’m your guy, i’ll tell you to ride it out :)

F

FutureGrower

I have that one x2..they work well..HOWEVER..like all of their units..they pay more attention to looks than reality in filling. If you are male with even medium sized hands..handling the tank is a royal PIA. The nozzles also leave a lot to be desired. With all that..I would buy them again and again..
I also have a newer model from them..same decent function, but same poor ergonomics. Also, the humidstat will always reset itself to 40% when the tank runs dry or power goes off..another poor design imo.

Next time, I will be looking for a floor standing model with a larger tank..(Our RH is like 10-20%)

Yeah same here man. If I forget to fill my humidifier its 30% in my house 15 or 20 outside

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I will be getting the cool one
Not sure of myself here, but I also think the warm mist would have more of a chance of breeding bacteria..Just a thought..(Both types must be cleaned with vinegar or the like regularly.) A little swab with ISO and water rinse on the vibrating membrane helps too (our water is very hard, and I use too much to use the RO for the humidifier). I water my plants with it. I saw a few that had a dual use function..a small cup thing where you could put essential oils in..(do not do that with a regular humidifier or the plastic will melt.)

Hands On

Hands On

Not sure of myself here, but I also think the warm mist would have more of a chance of breeding bacteria..Just a thought..(Both types must be cleaned with vinegar or the like regularly.) A little swab with ISO and water rinse on the vibrating membrane helps too (our water is very hard, and I use too much to use the RO for the humidifier). I water my plants with it. I saw a few that had a dual use function..a small cup thing where you could put essential oils in..(do not do that with a regular humidifier or the plastic will melt.)

Thats what i was thinking on the warm mist,.and im not sure either,.lol....Thanks for the info,...

P

Pass2TheLeft

Its a really interesting problem to have do you live in a desert?? How do your plants grow?? Ive never seen such low rh its very interesting reading how people deal with it good luck bro

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Its a really interesting problem to have do you live in a desert?? How do your plants grow?? Ive never seen such low rh its very interesting reading how people deal with it good luck bro
If you mean me..I live in the High Sierra Desert of Nevada..I use another Humidifier in the Veg room, but I leave the flower room at low RH..Plants do just fine here.

P

Pass2TheLeft

If you mean me..I live in the High Sierra Desert of Nevada..I use another Humidifier in the Veg room, but I leave the flower room at low RH..Plants do just fine here.
Sorry i ment hands on but very interesting bro and im glad it still grows well for you

S

Simplicio

Thats what i was thinking on the warm mist,.and im not sure either,.lol....Thanks for the info,...

I greatly prefer TOP FILL ultrasonic humidifiers because they are so convenient. Just remove the lid, and pour RO water in.
Tap water will produce white dust from the impurities in the water, which will shorten humidifier lifetime, and possibly settle onto plant leaves.
This is a good one
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MZXDXN3/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1NGES3AZ0GL01&psc=1

Top Bottom