drying room ?air flow ? temp ? help me !

• Thread starter charlesweedmore
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

scuba steve

Defenitily #3.I like the info of hanging,10 -14 days then brown bag 3-4 days then glass jars to cure popping the lid once a day for another 1-3 months,the longer i cure the better it gets,like fine wine!!!Good luck on your drying.Scuba

D

danko

everytime i wait till my stems snap i lose all the weight in my buds. and my buds turn to dust when i try to break them up for smoking. i just wait till the buds get a little crispy to the touch then brown bag em for a couple days. my stems wont snap for a few days once in the bag but the buds maintian a lot more weigh. sadly the bag is kind of harsh on you buds. if you can dry them slow enough, like 7 to 10 days i think its better. then you dont really need the bag, but you have to keep your drying temps pretty low.. like 72. just my expierience. everyone seems to give the same stem snap info, but it doesnt work for me, they literally turn to dust on me!

P

paco666

can some one please explain the brown paper bag thing... i have a friend who does this and his bud is low quality... i go from hanging to jars/containers.... didn't even know about a paper bag step.... just thought he was over drying his bud... killing it

B

BoogerGreen

If you had a 6" fan and Filter, would that be ok to run at full speed, or would you need a fan speed controller to drop down the fan so its not sucking as much air through>? WOuld having it on full blast dry the buds to quickly? And would how low ono the speed setting would you want to go if that was an option?

RizzleGizzle

RizzleGizzle

It's very simple. Dry buds in a dark place with a RH as close to 50% as possible and a temp as close to 75f as possible with as little air flow as possible until the stems snap (usually 7-10 days for me). When the stems snap jar them to cure. Let them breath every day for 10-15 minutes for the first week they are in jars. Never store your buds in anything plastic to dry or cure. The end.
Great reply! Nicely put and too the point I agree completely.

T

TeW33zy

hello all forum folks :hubba:
i will hang up my plants to dry for 5- 10 days as every grower does .i am try to find a suitable place to dry them .i have a grow tent and can i hang the plants in my homebox ? should i keep the fans turn on or off ? i have 2 fans.
active intake fan is 350m3/h and exhaust fan is 660m3/h .
how much air flow is need for drying ? i mean if i should keep my speeed contoller @ minimum level while drying ?

and during hanging phase, is 28C temp a trouble ?

of course i will turn off the HPS while drying the crop.

and about temp,i cant do anything about temp in the room where homebox in it . temp and humidity are very high here. i can drop RH to 55% with a dehuey but this time temp peaks above 30C .

i can dry the crop in a different room with an AC unit to keep temp low, but this time i will have to dry them in a closed closet or a cardboard box without ventilation fans.i dont know if it is ok. can i dry them in a closed closet or a cardboard box without any air flow or just with oscillating fans ?
It's obviously clear you do not have the experience, the money or the equipment to adequately dry your crop. Therefore, why did you even grow in the first place knowing u didn't have the money or equipment to dry? You guys are so backwards it's ridiculous. Plus, u do not need a inline fan pulling air in and an exhaust fan blowing air out, like wt! The inline fan pulls air in while its dumping it out. How else would it be able to continuously pull air in without dumping out?

T

TeW33zy

Great reply! Nicely put and too the point I agree completely.
Never ever dry in 75°F why would you tell him to fell like that, and you said 50% RH, u just told him the worst. Failed grower teaching. That is to fast a dry and will have chlorophyll still in the bud and will have a hay/grass scent to it. 75°F will evaporate the terpenes, to warm. 50% will not be high enough humidity, t9 dry.

It's 60°F and 60-60% 10-12 day cure. However, if you want a cannabis cup winner (assuming the strain has the potential) dry at 55°F and 63% RH for a 12-15 day cure.

freezeland2

freezeland2

It's obviously clear you do not have the experience, the money or the equipment to adequately dry your crop. Therefore, why did you even grow in the first place knowing u didn't have the money or equipment to dry? You guys are so backwards it's ridiculous. Plus, u do not need a inline fan pulling air in and an exhaust fan blowing air out, like wt! The inline fan pulls air in while its dumping it out. How else would it be able to continuously pull air in without dumping out?
If the OP still grows I’d say he’s probably acquired the equipment and knowledge after 13 1/2 years since making that post.

freezeland2

freezeland2

Never ever dry in 75°F why would you tell him to fell like that, and you said 50% RH, u just told him the worst. Failed grower teaching. That is to fast a dry and will have chlorophyll still in the bud and will have a hay/grass scent to it. 75°F will evaporate the terpenes, to warm. 50% will not be high enough humidity, t9 dry.

It's 60°F and 60-60% 10-12 day cure. However, if you want a cannabis cup winner (assuming the strain has the potential) dry at 55°F and 63% RH for a 12-15 day cure.
You might dry in 12 - 15 days but the cure will take at least a month or longer. Big difference between drying and curing.

Top Bottom