Drying Time

• Thread starter h4ppyf4rmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

I harvested last Tuesday and and hung the herb in a tent with a fan. I've been checking every day and they have slowly been getting crispy. I've been doing the bend test and the stems are not snapping yet. I don't want to dry it too much, it's been 6 days. I'm thinking it's time for curing in the mason jars, what do you guys think, it's my first time.

Farmer P

Farmer P

I like to put it in a big jar and put a hygrometer in with it just in case it's too wet. If the rh rises up around 70 take it back out of the jar for a while or just leave the lid off for a while.

Farmer P

Farmer P

Extra little tip for you. If you buy some pickles in one of those big jars you can re-purpose the jar afterwards. The smell is easy to get off the glass, but a little more problematic to remove from the lid. I tried using a few different things to no avail until one day my wife poured bleach in the lid and left it for a couple days. It worked perfectly! No more pickle smell and the bleach smell washed off easily too. Free giant jar!

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

Extra little tip for you. If you buy some pickles in one of those big jars you can re-purpose the jar afterwards. The smell is easy to get off the glass, but a little more problematic to remove from the lid. I tried using a few different things to no avail until one day my wife poured bleach in the lid and left it for a couple days. It worked perfectly! No more pickle smell and the bleach smell washed off easily too. Free giant jar!

Thanks, I already went out yesterday and bought a case of 1Qt mason jars, but good tip...

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

IMG 20170528 234237
IMG 20170528 214248
Ended up with 4 jars for half my harvest. Not too bad for s first time.

H

heisen

a day for every 10 percent of humidity and than add a day.Cut off the buds and jar them up with a humidity pack.Put in a cool dark place and open the jars for 30 minutes a day for a couple weeks and they will be as good as it gets.Been doint this a while and i get top shelf.
Here is some ready to smoke.Not to dry and not to wet its perfect.
DSC 0041

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

yeah, I'm getting excellent feedback on my latest(first) harvest. I harvested twice (about 10 days apart), two plants at a time. I think the first harvest was done right, the second harvest I think I dried too long, personally, but it all came out good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom