Drying; Whats This

• Thread starter dorjewright
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dorjewright

dorjewright

I don't think i can get a photo but i'll try to describe. On the stems of a bud there are tiny scycle shaped hairs.
Normally these are sort of opaque or transparent light green and are part of the normal anatomy of the plant. If I let buds hang and dry for more than a few days (temp 70+/-; humidity 50% +/-) these tiny hairs begin to turn turn white. there are no filaments like powdery mildew that grow out. There's no smell like mold. If after a few days of hanging I cut the buds off of the stem it doesn't happen. It must have something to do with the high moisture content of the stems but I can't find any reference to either these tiny hairs or the turning white. I always seem to have to rush the initial drying and get the buds cut off of the stem to prevent this happening. Anyone have the same experience or know what's up?

P

PharmHand

Take a pic. I think I know what you're talking about. I've seen it on mine and friends crops too. I first noticed it when I started inspecting drying buds with a high powered led flashlight. I was drying at 60/60 and it freaked me out so I dropped the humidity immediately and raised temps/lowered rh for next dry, but same thing happened in drier/warmer/windier conditions . I have this og that's extremely rot resistant, never seen pm or br on it but had never closely examined drying buds. But sure enough, that one had it too. It shows up maybe 3-4 days after hang drying wet trim or dry trim. I have a few theories what it might be..... Sugars exuded by the plant post mortem from any cuts in the tissue crystallizing, trichomes that get slowly stretched like taffy as the bud dries and they're slowly pulled apart from each other or some kind of tiny spiders web. Or some kind of mold or bacteria. I've had bud tested that showed it in drying and it comes back as pass for mold detection, so I dunno. Hopefully someone can answer this as I do not want to quick dry. The bud always comes out better from the slow dry despite these little hairs.

Molenium

Molenium

Putting bud thats a bit dry on the inside but too crispy on the outside in a clone tray and dome with the vents open is perfect to bring in that moisture and air flow

Top Bottom