Dumb Filter Question

• Thread starter Sctanley007
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Sctanley007

This may sound dumb but I’m new here and was wondering if there is any disadvantage to having an exhaust fan in the tent with the hose running out of the tent to the filter sitting beside the tent?

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
This may sound dumb but I’m new here and was wondering if there is any disadvantage to having an exhaust fan in the tent with the hose running out of the tent to the filter sitting beside the tent?
As long as youre sucking hot air from the top of the tent it doesnt matter really.

K

kansabis

Fans are just more efficient pulling air than pushing it,but it works either way.

S

Sctanley007

Thanks for the quick responses.

Next issue is that the tent is in my basement. With the lights on the temp stayed in the 70’s but when the lights are off and the fan is running the temp in the tent drops into mid 60’s.

Any ideas as to how to fix?

K

kansabis

Next issue is that the tent is in my basement. With the lights on the temp stayed in the 70’s but when the lights are off and the fan is running the temp in the tent drops into mid 60’s.

Mid 60s isn't terrible but can/will slow growth processes,not sure of any fixes,are they in a tent,room,is the basement finished or are they basically on concrete?

S

Sctanley007

The tent is on concrete but plants are up on foam so they are off the floor but I know what you’re getting at.

I do have two heating pads for germinating seeds. Maybe that would bump the temp a bit placed under the foam.

Mid 60s isn't terrible but can/will slow growth processes,not sure of any fixes,are they in a tent,room,is the basement finished or are they basically on concrete?

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter

Get a fan controller and turn it to about 75% and start there

Latest posts

Top Bottom