Dumb Qustion From A First Timer,

• Thread starter Dr kabuki
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dr kabuki

Dr kabuki

I would like to try my hand at breeding. But I only have female plants. Tho I love the strains I am running. La confidential. The 2nd one is a very high producing plant I got from a friend.
Is there any way to make a male out of one?
I did say it was a dumb question. Thank u

Dumb qustion from a first timer
Dumb qustion from a first timer 2
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I would like to try my hand at breeding. But I only have female plants. Tho I love the strains I am running. La confidential. The 2nd one is a very high producing plant I got from a friend.
Is there any way to make a male out of one?
I did say it was a dumb question. Thank u
no such thing as a dumb question,collidal siler ,you can spray on one stem and isolate it,myself i wouldnt just from the name of it,but can be done,take some cuts from the girls and clone them till you find a nice stud and do it right is my moto

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

How do i apply it ?
you have to do it couple times to make sure,spray the stem of your plant,no wind in room and focus just on that one limb,spray it lightly,put a bag over the limb close it off,come back 24 hr later do it again same method,i would do this 3 times for safe measure,,this will be making feminised seeds by the way

MGG Nubie

MGG Nubie

you have to do it couple times to make sure,spray the stem of your plant,no wind in room and focus just on that one limb,spray it lightly,put a bag over the limb close it off,come back 24 hr later do it again same method,i would do this 3 times for safe measure,,this will be making feminised seeds by the way
I had a friend Sinsemilla Sam. He would use a 9v battery two wires, two silver coins and distilled water to make the spray. He would start spraying the lower buds start of 12/12. Not sure on how many times or how often. But the lower buds would start growing sacs. He'd pick the sacs when they matured but not busted yet and trash the buds he had sprayed. Not so Bueno to smoke. Then pollinate a younger female for the sole purpose of creating female seeds. And yes, you are making feminized seeds. Two females can only produce female seeds. Or so he said. It's stupid easy to do if you can acquire two pure silver coins. Never done it myself. Actually forgot about it until reading this forum.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

You neglected to type enough words to make your response true.
As written, it is entirely wrong.

search colloidal silver
Two current threads.
lol how is that bc I did not add n the word colloidal u guys crake me up

MGG Nubie

MGG Nubie

You neglected to type enough words to make your response true.

search colloidal silver
Two current threads.
Interesting reading. I found a few more also. Blows my mine
You negl ected to type enough words to make your response true.

search colloidal silver
Two current threads.
Did a search. Seems this old tech. It's a favorite with producers of feminized seeds. Couldn't find if you could spray the plant and let it grow sacs, let the sacs blow their load on itself and produce feminized seeds. That sounds herm to me. But the internet is full of the silver seed. Sam cultivated the sacs for it's sister and killed the sprayed buds. No go on the silver sprayed buds for smoke. Do wiki on colloidal silver. Amazon sells it. Low ppm though. But the uses for the silver dates back. Makes a female make pollen sacs. Female. I want to start a feminized seed business. I always thought Sam was just off a little. My bad.

MGG Nubie

MGG Nubie

But what about if u want to make a male seeds?
If you were to use the silver method your in a sense doing that I guess. Your transforming a non pollinated female by stressing it to produce pollen sacs. You could call the harvested sacs, male. But the bonus is the seeds you produce by self pollinating another female in flower with your harvested sacs is the major majority of seeds she produces will only be female, feminized. The only reason for needing or wanting to grow male plants that I can see is for crossing genetics or to keep the strains genetics for future growth. This method eliminates the need for male seeds or plants for pollination. Lets say you have two female white widows and two male out of 4 seeds planted. Letting them grow pollinate and seed you have a 50 50 chance of male and female seeds. Now lets kill the two males. Take one of the female widows, isolate it and spray it with the colloidal silver. Pollen sacks will develop and mature as if it were male looking but not truly being a hermaphrodite. Collect the sacks as they start to show signs of cracking to release its pollen. This plant is now useless. It cannot be smoked or consumed. It must be destroyed. Now the other widow is begging to be pollinated. Help her out. Keep her in flower until the seeds are popping. You now have a hearty stash of feminized white widow seeds. 90+ percent will be female. And these buds you can smoke after harvesting the seeds. DISCLAIMER: I have never done this. I do to endorse and recommend this procedure. This is ALL second hand knowledge. I did as Dunge recommended and researched this procedure. But through my findings I see it as a viable resource to eliminate the worry of male seeds. Always research and know what you are doing. And don't smoke the silver.

Dr kabuki

Dr kabuki

What I am trying to do is to make a female plant make a male seed. with that male seed, I will grow it out, Then I want to pollinate another female (different strain) with that male plant. I hope I type that right

Dunge

Dunge

I know of a fellow farmer who was talking about ranking the desirability of a male plant by forcing it to flower, thus yielding data as to breeding traits. Flower structure and smell perhaps? Don't know where that research is at. @Herb Forester

From what my teachers attempted to deliver unto me,
make a female plant make a male seed
is not thing.

Your original female lacks the many requisite genes to produce a male plant.

Take it to the epigenetic level, or crispr it, and who knows what is possible.

Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

Slight necro for a question.

If a male plant was found from a femenized seed, wouldn't that actually be a hermaphrodite far onto the male side of the spectrum? Just showing balls first when its not a true male?

Gives me nightmares..

REDiJEDi160

REDiJEDi160

You cannot get a male from a female not a true male you only have X chromosomes with a female XX for you to have a male plant you would need a Y chromosome XY you can reverse the female like what they have all said but you will never get a true male from it or the offspring it just does not have the required genetic material
What I am trying to do is to make a female plant make a male seed. with that male seed, I will grow it out, Then I want to pollinate another female (different strain) with that male plant. I hope I type that right

Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

So as I figured.. Ladies and Hermies no males from femenized seeds. Its better to find a stable male then to do all this weird science experiment shit with hermies.

REDiJEDi160

REDiJEDi160

Reversing and making feminized pollen is not bad though especially if your plants don't hermie under extreme stress then the feminized offspring should be fairly stable

Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

Ooo good point.. I got a mom I wouldnt mind trying that with to make some fem beans.

Provided she dont resist the colloidal silver treatment too..

Latest posts

Top Bottom