Dutch Passion - AutoWhite Widow

• Thread starter CaptainHowdy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CaptainHowdy

CaptainHowdy

Howdy folks,

To give people a little idea of what auto-flowers are capable of these days, I thought I'd get a journal up of my current DP grow.

I've got one in a 10 litre air-pot and another in a 20 litre regular pot. Both filled with a multi-purpose compost which has seen me well so far (Growise). Normally I would have mixed in a load of perlite but well, I ran out so I'm having a little experiment to see how they do without it.

During their first week I fed them 1ml Rhizotonic per litre of water and I've now added 1ml of BioGrow to the mix. Everything's going according to plan so far :)

Both are sharing a 125W CFL atm. They'll be upgraded as they grow (and as other plants finish leaving the lights free)

Here's a little write up from the DP website.

After several years of careful selection Dutch Passion are pleased to introduce our special AutoWhite Widow Cannabis Seeds. This is the long-awaited automatic version of our best-selling original White Widow. Auto White Widow is a vigorous and strong auto which gives a powerful high, she was produced from our original White Widow mother plant using the same genetics which have won countless awards and satisfied thousands of growers. Auto White Widow is very consistent and easy to grow with any grow method. Our automatic version is ready to harvest around 75 days after germination and will yield outdoor 50 to 150g+ of cannabis from a single plant. Experienced indoor auto growers will be able to harvest 200g+ from a single plant, especially when grown in hydro Deep Water Culture systems. Plants reach around 60cm to 1m tall.

The taste is fresh, citrus pine, fairly sweet and strong, and the effect is fast. Auto White Widow Cannabis Seeds produce bushy and frosty plants with numerous blooms. She produces strong aroma’s during growth and dense hard buds. The high is a well-balanced and pleasurable one, combining a powerful cerebral impact with a relaxing physical effect – extremely pleasant. Auto White Widow is one of the best auto’s we have developed and is highly recommended for those looking for an easy-growing and powerful auto with generous yields.

And here they are on day 1

20 litre
Dutch passion   autowhite widow

Dutch passion   autowhite widow 2

And now here they are 1 week later on day 9

10 litre air-pot
Dutch passion   autowhite widow 3

20 litre pot
Dutch passion   autowhite widow 4

I'll be getting another auto thread up shortly, hope to see you there folks and I'll be back here with an update soon.

Peace :)

CaptainHowdy

CaptainHowdy

Another quick update, day 13 :)

Both are growing really well. The one in the larger pot is slightly smaller but this'll only be while the roots fill the bigger pot, once they hit the bottom, this girls gonna get huge. Can't wait :)

Slowly increasing the grow nutrients now and still feeding light doses of Rhizotonic.

10 litre Air-pot

20 litre pot

S

Seraphim19

I have got an auto white widow from dutch passion growing too. my one came up on the 8th of jan and its in a 10l airpot so it will be good to compare notes.

I am going to start a thread on it this week so make sure you pop in and have a look

lino

lino

I have a bunch of ruderalis crosses and pure breds ruddy lines I havnt tested yet,,, I'll keep an eye on this thread. Maybe you'll tempt me to germ and test my auto flower crosses.
Is Dutch Passion - AutoWhite Widow crossed with Low Rider by chance?

S

Seraphim19

I have a bunch of ruderalis crosses and pure breds ruddy lines I havnt tested yet,,, I'll keep an eye on this thread. Maybe you'll tempt me to germ and test my auto flower crosses.

I am unsure of whether or not dutch passion white widow auto uses lowryder as a ruderalis base.
A lot of seed companies use lowryder or more commonly lowryder 2 as a ruderalis base but a lot of the top auto flower breeders myself included use a pure ruderalis for our work.
I will message Tony from dutch passion and see if I can get you a definite answer. It is highly unlikely that you will ever get the full genetic makeup of the strain as that is closely guarded information. It kind of like asking KFC what is the recipe for their chicken. they may tell you some of the ingredients but they will never disclose how they combine them or what quantities they use. If they did others would just copy it. Unfortunately there is a problem with piracy in the auto seed market at the minute where other seed companies will just reproduce your seeds, rename them, and make money of someone else's hard work.
I will be back soon with an answer for you

lino

lino

thanks seraphim,,, you answered some details already that had me thinking. Almost all my auto flower crosses are with low rider 1 and 2. So your info and this thread will be very helpful with my ruderalis breeding program.

S

Seraphim19

Hey Lino
The answer to your question is no they are not crossed with lowryder. As dutch passion are one of the more reputable seed companies I am not surprised by this. They have their own bank of ruderalis strains which they use to develop their autos.

out of interest what difference were you expecting between lowryder genetics and pure ruderalis crosses?

sorry for the small hijack captain

lino

lino

I was given a ruderalis and told it is a pure ruddy,,,, ALL my ruddy's are short and from the northern latitudes . I was told this ruddy was from Mexico and large, and used to make a strain that I'd be shocked if anyone has heard, a strain out of Trinidad Colo named El Presidente`, This monster ruderalis was used to make this strain cross and I've think the giant ruderalis is not pure cause who has ever heard of a Massive Monster 10ft PURE ruderalis strain. And I expected you to say that about Dutch Passion and their own gene pool that is why I'll be watching this thread to see whats up with Auto WhiteWidow and how big she gets . Hope its is a girl,,, or has Dutch Passion started slingN transsexuals around also.

Is Auto White Widow a normal seed,,, opp's everyone uses the term Regular seed on this site, not feminized, sorry,,, I like trannies, I just dont tell my breeding friends LOL

S

Seraphim19

the dutch passion white widow is only available in feminised form as far as I am aware.

My one is germinated from a feminised seed so it should be a good show.

lino

lino

looks healthy., wonder what in your multi-purpose compost ? coco?

CaptainHowdy

CaptainHowdy

Thanks dude :)

Not too sure there'd be coco in there, it's way too cheap lol. Plus, I don't pH my feed anymore and if it was coco I'd expect to see problems. Some kind of peat substitute I'm sure..... I'll see if it says something on the bag.

I'll get an update up in a few hours when I've turned the lights on. Big change already :)

Peace

CaptainHowdy

CaptainHowdy

They're really starting to put some work in now :)

Day 17

20 litre

10 litre air-pot

Last edited:
Reactions: Ina
CaptainHowdy

CaptainHowdy

Once again, I am absolutely loving this plant, vigorous little madame ;)

The 10 litre's roots have now touched the base of the pot so the side branching really gonna start giving it some. The 20 litre is still gently ticking along, once the roots hit the bottom it's gonna get huge, I can't wait.

I apologise for the blurry picture, didn't notice till I uploaded it.

Day 20

20 litre

10 litre air-pot

Back with more soon folks :)

Reactions: Ina
CaptainHowdy

CaptainHowdy

Hahaha, thanks very much dude. I probably should have edited my P.j's out the photo though ;)

Thanks for dropping by dude :)

CaptainHowdy

CaptainHowdy

Howdy dude,

Sorry for the late reply, I've not been around much lately.

No sir, no topping whatsoever, just planted the seed and let it do its thing. I do rotate my pots during the day to get an even coverage as I always over-stuff my tents but other than that they're au naturel. I'm even more impressed with this strain the second time round.

Here's the 10 litre today on day 34

Top Bottom