Dutch Passion - AutoWhite Widow

• Thread starter CaptainHowdy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Can't wait to see these babies bloom.....have you found any smoke reports here on the farm on autos

CaptainHowdy

CaptainHowdy

Not here at the Farm I haven't, if you know of any I'd love to see them. I spend a lot of time over at AFN and there're quite a few popping up now. I'll have a read through them and let you know their thoughts :)

Just thought I'd get a couple of new shots up, not the best but I had to be quick. Couldn't risk getting spotted by nosey neighbours ;)

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Man those are atleast three times the size of most nonautos I've grown ....those grow so fast! I'm more and more curious of the taste and potency

Reactions: Ina
Dunge

Dunge

Can't wait to see these babies bloom.....have you found any smoke reports here on the farm on autos
I appreciate this question.
I can't be the only one who has flavor problems with some (most) autos.
I have been putting in a summer grow of autos for the past three years with little success.
Last year was the best yet.
I bought Sweet Tooth autos from Barney's Farm and got a free Pineapple Express. All six seeds grew well with big leafy buds that smelled and tasted ok and has therapeutic value.
When put up against any of my indoor keepers, the flowers were never my preferred choice (not surprised).I liked them enough, and they were so easy (super soil and water) that I have purchased more of the same for this summer in an effort to demonstrate reproducability.
I was just gifted some purchased G13 Haze and Auto Pounder w/Cheese from Auto Seeds.
So we shall see. Still time for some suggestions. (got any autos you think I should try?)
I aspire to be a bud snob, with a pallet sensitive enough to identify and differentiate all 420 flavors available.
This is a long term project intended to teach me new things until I stop breathing.
What is your auto experience.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

I appreciate this question.
I can't be the only one who has flavor problems with some (most) autos.
I have been putting in a summer grow of autos for the past three years with little success.
Last year was the best yet.
I bought Sweet Tooth autos from Barney's Farm and got a free Pineapple Express. All six seeds grew well with big leafy buds that smelled and tasted ok and has therapeutic value.
When put up against any of my indoor keepers, the flowers were never my preferred choice (not surprised).I liked them enough, and they were so easy (super soil and water) that I have purchased more of the same for this summer in an effort to demonstrate reproducability.
I was just gifted some purchased G13 Haze and Auto Pounder w/Cheese from Auto Seeds.
So we shall see. Still time for some suggestions. (got any autos you think I should try?)
I aspire to be a bud snob, with a pallet sensitive enough to identify and differentiate all 420 flavors available.
This is a long term project intended to teach me new things until I stop breathing.
What is your auto experience.
My experience is accidental never intentionally grown out intionally breed auotos of the accidental autos I've grown the closest to a keeper was too small to keep and too late to breed with but I been reading that autos have advanced and from the pics above it looks like it's worth trying to breed in some potency abd if your patient abd persistent possibly some flavor in there too......the plants that I've grown that auto 'd on me were all very potent and tastey just tiny though like maybe an ounce but I didn't grow them like autos should be grown with the most minnimal of stress especially transplant shock so basically I'm saying that
For me
There is plenty of potential for autos especially the ones I been seeing pics of lately I mean look how big some of these are recently on the farm if those pics are potent and tastey they are going to take over the seed market UNLESS these testers or posters are bias thats why we got to grow them ourselves ........I am biased against autos but I love to be proven wrong because I love growing from seed and autos can't or havent been cloned yet but if you think about the whole picture autos are a great idea besides the cloning and seed dependency

CaptainHowdy

CaptainHowdy

Well my auto experience, and indeed my growing experience is very limited, up until a year ago I'd only ever helped out on a few outdoor grows, and I'd helped someone veg a few plants one summer. Other than that, I've just been a heavy smoker and connoisseur for about 15 years so like you I feel I know my way around the full range of flavours, I'm also a chef which helps massively there lol. Still never found a coconut flavoured/smelling cannabis plant though :)

And because of this I guess I've been able to come in without too many preconceived ideas about how auto-flowers can perform.
And tbh, I'm actually watching autos outperform regs all the time, this White Widow being a prime example. Probably the biggest plant I've grown yet.

Flavour and potency has certainly never been a problem, I always have a vast range of flavours on the go, all very distinct from one another and honestly, some of the most narcotic-ally potent bud I've smoked in years.

I'll see if I can round a few more people up to give you their opinion :)

Here's a little update while we wait...

Still got signs of a nitrogen overdose on the bigger one but the plant itself its growing perfectly well so I'm not trying to correct it, if I see her struggling then I'll do something but flushing caused her to start rapidly eating herself from the bottom up which sorted the N problem, feeding again fixed the bottom but caused another N OD, so right now I'm somewhere in the middle lol. As I say though, overall growth is perfectly fine :)

The 20 litre has a slight magnesium deficiency but thats been nipped in the bud before becoming a problem. Totally expected as this strains a fiend for the stuff :)

Day 52 (I think)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CaptainHowdy

CaptainHowdy

Still time for some suggestions. (got any autos you think I should try?)

Definitely. I'll write you up a list and post it shortly, just about to grab some chow but I'll be back online in a lil while :)

What're your preferences....

CaptainHowdy

CaptainHowdy

Day 65

I'm still ironing out the Nitrogen toxicity so she looks a little ugly in places but that doesn't seem to have slowed down the flower production on this big girl. Lots (23) of branches all starting to fill in now and a with that is coming a nice covering of frost and a sweet candy smell. Another couple of weeks and we should be in for a good bloom :)

CaptainHowdy

CaptainHowdy

Thank you kindly sir :)

I must apologise in advance for the quality of these pics, I was in a little rush at the time and just wanted to get a quick update in while I have a chance. I'll take some better ones next time.

Day 72

Flower formation is nearly at an end, which means the good bits about to begin, Bloom :)
I've already had to stake/tie down a lot of the branches to keep her in check, looks like she's set for some heavy flowers. Can't wait.
She's now lost the candy smell and has picked up a funky, rotting fruit aroma. Reminds me a lot of an AK. My last one didn't smell anything like this so it'll be interesting to see where it's going.

I'm guessing she'll be ready somewhere close to 100-110 days.

I've untied a branch so you can see what's going on :)

This is just one half of the plant lol.

CaptainHowdy

CaptainHowdy

I decided to chop the central cola off this girl, she was just becoming too much of a handful in my small tent and low lighting so I've tried to help things out by snipping this off and allowing the lights to penetrate a lot further into the plant as I can now sit the lamp much closer. Already I can see an improvement so it was the right move, I just wish I'd LST'd her from the beginning :)

I ended up with 47 grams dry just from this cola and there is a shit load left on the plant so there's still a lot to be shown here.

The buds from this early cut are stupidly strong. I'll write a little report once it's had a small cure but I've already messed myself up a few times. Can't wait to harvest the finished product :)

Here's a few bud shots from this early cut and then some of the headless plant.

Day 79

CaptainHowdy

CaptainHowdy

Here we go then, final shots before I chop this baby down. Trichs are 90% cloudy and 10% amber so she's more than ready to come down :)

She smells heavily of orange blossom and bitter honey. I honestly cannot wait to start working my way through her. The hash is gonna be fantastic :)
I'll give a full report once she's in the jars.

Day 84

CaptainHowdy

CaptainHowdy

Here we go then guys, the end of the road. I must apologise for just copying this from one of my other threads, ultimately though anything I would have written again here would have just read the same :)

Over the past few weeks I have been absolutely obliterated by the power of this Widow. She has completely blown me away once again. This is the only strain I currently have jarred so it's all I'm smoking right now and it has taken a full 13 days for my tolerance to start building up, so far the longest I've found any strain to last me without losing any oomph. Photo and Auto.

As a hash producer, she was fantastic. During a large bubble run she gave close to a 20% return of lovely sticky, soft Afghani tasting hash which also had some great undertones of spearmint and sage.

The flowers, strangely, don't have this herbal side to the flavour but what it does have, apart from the classic White Widow black pepper musk, is a touch of orange and grapefruit hanging in the background.
The aroma on the other hand is the opposite way round, the Grapefruit and orange are the main tone and then the Black Pepper has the back seat.

A really beautiful smoke that I honestly cannot fault. My only note for the grow would be to watch her Nitrogen intake as she comes into flower. I do think I worried a little too much but she definitely showed signs of being a wee bit sensitive.

As I said, I wanted to use the majority of this plant for hash so that's exactly what I did.
130 grams went into hash production, of which I got 22 grams in return and the last 45 grams of flowers has been held back to cure.

So, including the 47 gram main cola I chopped early that would take the final yield to just over 220 grams of rock solid buds. Certainly can't complain about that from a 125W CFL (with a little over-spill from the plant next door)

It won't be long till I buy some more of these and go for a 3rd round. But for now, I thank you all for coming along with me through this grow. It's been an absolute pleasure. I'll leave you all with some (not very good) close up shots of this beautiful frost machine, AutoWhite Widow :)

Harvested Day 95 - Trichs 90% Cloudy/10% Amber

025 zps2e165adf

031 zpsc3cb2677

033 zpse4ae3f9d

034 zpsb732ada4

017 zps28db61b4

neverbreak

neverbreak

those sure are some sexy autos u grew bro. very nice.

lol gotta laugh at that hash pic tho! looks like a cow turd ya stepped on lol

keep up the good work bro.

neverbreak

40z2fr33dom

very nice autos bro! I need to get my hands on a couple of those beans...
grew my first auto (second grow ever) which was northern lights from vision seeds. grew 100% with LED in dwc hydro. just chopped her down a couple days ago. tested a few smaller buds from the lower part of the plant with my vape and the potency and smell were DANK! Medically it did the job extremely well taking away my chronic pain and lasted HOURS.
I still dunno what the big deal is why ppl don't like autos.
cheers and congrats on a grow done very well!
(BTW that hash looks fuckin KILLER!)

SAM 1494
Top Bottom