Dwarfed Plants-perplexing!

• Thread starter Pete34
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Pete34

Hey team!

A few weeks ago I started helping a friend. The plants are in veg. Lighting is basically side lighting, hanging between plants. Heavy 16 line. 70/30 cocoa to soil. 3 of the plants-all next to each other-have stayed the same size since I started. When I first got there the pots were WAY over fed. Interestingly the plant has maintained great color with hardly any bad leaves. I’ve let them basically dry out and now they seem to be eating again. But still no growth. I’d say they are about 18 inches tall. I’m relatively new-at least in terms of trouble-shooting. Any thoughts? Pics included-note the last pic is a normal sized one.
958CC18D 4DEE 4117 A5E6 8F8B0D375CF9

7F51F86A 06B9 4AA6 86E9 11FF16E0587A

1264D469 520D 4B1F AA69 0EA7E831EDAF

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Hey team!

A few weeks ago I started helping a friend. The plants are in veg. Lighting is basically side lighting, hanging between plants. Heavy 16 line. 70/30 cocoa to soil. 3 of the plants-all next to each other-have stayed the same size since I started. When I first got there the pots were WAY over fed. Interestingly the plant has maintained great color with hardly any bad leaves. I’ve let them basically dry out and now they seem to be eating again. But still no growth. I’d say they are about 18 inches tall. I’m relatively new-at least in terms of trouble-shooting. Any thoughts? Pics included-note the last pic is a normal sized one. View attachment 816263
View attachment 816261
View attachment 816265
Powdery mildew first tells me, it’s too humid, lack of air flow.
Which leads me to, over watering.
Plants have basically locked out and or root is rotted.
I’d removed the plants, take out all soil possible and replace with new.
Don’t feed for the next 6 watering cycles, (water sparingly) let the roots take. Then start up with cal mag, and water.
Then start nutes 1/3 normal feeding for the next 2 weeks then provided she looks better slowly introduce feed back to nromal.
Also a good flush post replant.
Allow 25% runoff after each feed. And observe ph.
But man the mildew is bad.
Green clean or sm 90, or micronised sulphor foliar spray. Wash Wm down with this , lights off , 4-6 hours.
Then let her dry up for a day or so. Repeat 3-4 days later. This should stop the spread.

P

Pete34

Powdery mildew first tells me, it’s too humid, lack of air flow.
Which leads me to, over watering.
Plants have basically locked out and or root is rotted.
I’d removed the plants, take out all soil possible and replace with new.
Don’t feed for the next 6 watering cycles, (water sparingly) let the roots take. Then start up with cal mag, and water.
Then start nutes 1/3 normal feeding for the next 2 weeks then provided she looks better slowly introduce feed back to nromal.
Also a good flush post replant.
Allow 25% runoff after each feed. And observe ph.
But man the mildew is bad.
Green clean or sm 90, or micronised sulphor foliar spray. Wash Wm down with this , lights off , 4-6 hours.
Then let her dry up for a day or so. Repeat 3-4 days later. This should stop the spread.
Thx a ton for the reply Jack OG. I’ve had the unfortunate task of dealing with PM in the past and it is no fun and no joke no doubt. The pics have a weird glow that shades everthing light making it look like that. I’m pretty certain that’s not the case. I was worried those pics might b misleading to u guys cuz of the white glow. I’ll get some better pics tomorrow and repost. Thanks again

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Thx a ton for the reply Jack OG. I’ve had the unfortunate task of dealing with PM in the past and it is no fun and no joke no doubt. The pics have a weird glow that shades everthing light making it look like that. I’m pretty certain that’s not the case. I was worried those pics might b misleading to u guys cuz of the white glow. I’ll get some better pics tomorrow and repost. Thanks again
Thank fid it’s not pm! Check roots bro. If it was over fed, quickest recovery is to partially repot, pull out gently and maintain root ball. Get rid or compost the old soil and add new. This allows for faster recovery If not it’ will take some wheel spinning to flush what ever is causing the lockout.

S

squire

New member needs a little helpI just transplanted and after, soked them down good, that was 8 days and it still is showing high moisture with my gauge. Any thoughts and I just being nervey and just step back and let it dry a little more. Squire.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
New member needs a little helpI just transplanted and after, soked them down good, that was 8 days and it still is showing high moisture with my gauge. Any thoughts and I just being nervey and just step back and let it dry a little more. Squire.

Start a new thread and include pics and more info about the soil mixture, room parameters, etc.

Top Bottom