Dwc Corrections

• Thread starter pdasterly
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
pdasterly

pdasterly

how long until i see corrections in dwc?
i think i had a low oxygen issue

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If I were you I would post all the info you have and be sure you found the issue before throwing a bunch of changes at it.

Ph?
Nute type/dosage/ppm?
Air pump and stones used?
Lighting?
Water temp?
Air temp?
Medium?
Air flow?
Water level?
Strain?
Humidity day/night?
And pictures of roots and foliage

A lot of these can lead to the same symptoms and giving info on above listed will help others help you.

Why do you think its oxygen deficiency? Most times if you see oxygen deficiency it will be caused by something like pythium and not the amount of oxygen in the water.

pdasterly

pdasterly

Ph? 6.0
Nute type/dosage/ppm? maxigro 310 ppm(500 scale)(tap water 140ppm)
Air pump and stones used? 6 air force 80 pumps with 8 stones per pump, 7 ecoplus pro 100 with 4 stones per pump(in process of adding 2 10" aqua lungs per pump)
Lighting? 4 600w de
Water temp? 67
Air temp? 79
Medium? grow stones
Air flow? 4 oscillating fans, 2 stationary fans and 10" thru filter for exhaust
Water level? above bottom of netpot
Strain? blue cookies
Humidity day/night? 50%
And pictures of roots and foliage
roots are not growing but they are white.
lower leaves turning yellow, mid leaves are yellow in the margins

"A lot of these can lead to the same symptoms and giving info on above listed will help others help you.

Why do you think its oxygen deficiency? Most times if you see oxygen deficiency it will be caused by something like pythium and not the amount of oxygen in the water"

under estimated amount of air needed(for some reason i cant count), went out this weekend and added the ecoplus pumps(7) so now i have 2lpm per gallon, its been 2 days so far, plants perked right up but still not where i want them

my ppm or ph never changes(very large rez)

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Sounds like you answered your question if they perked right up.

Roots are not growing but they are white? How big are the plants and the root balls? Pics?

I am assuming these plants are already quite big if you were to legitimately have low oxygen levels. Is the root ball getting adequate flow through it? Its possible if the root ball is big the inner portion is stagnant and thus not getting oxygen in which flow would be the problem but can also be solved with extra movement from more airstones.

Pics would really help. Root and foliage.

I am no expert and yet to grow MJ but have dealt with water parameters for 20 years in regard to aquatic plants and flow is often an issue.

pdasterly

pdasterly

Sounds like you answered your question if they perked right up.

Roots are not growing but they are white? How big are the plants and the root balls? Pics?

I am assuming these plants are already quite big if you were to legitimately have low oxygen levels. Is the root ball getting adequate flow through it? Its possible if the root ball is big the inner portion is stagnant and thus not getting oxygen in which flow would be the problem but can also be solved with extra movement from more airstones.

Pics would really help. Root and foliage.

I am no expert and yet to grow MJ but have dealt with water parameters for 20 years in regard to aquatic plants and flow is often an issue.
root rot, with the hps on they look white but roots are brown
water temp is 67 and i use hydroguard

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

root rot, with the hps on they look white but roots are brown
water temp is 67 and i use hydroguard
There ya go so now you just need to figure out what caused it. Maybe flow issue? Idk your parameters look good and at 67 water you should have decent o2 levels even with slightly low air volume input because the further o2 levels go below equalibrium the faster that gas exchanges. Again I have no idea of size of plants or root system. With hydrogaurd if used properly it's unlikely bacteria is the root cause.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Do you add h202 or pool shock or anything that steralizes. Or try h202 to temporarily increase o2 levels?

pdasterly

pdasterly

using this pump

according to flow chart with head height pump should be at 2500gpm

no poolshock or h202

Image1
Image1 1
Image2
Image3
Image4
Image5
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Looks like root rot and lockout to me, maybe at some point nute burn? Idk. How often do you do water changes and do you use a dechlorinator?

Your probably going to need someone with more experience than me to help you fix this. Maybe @heisenbubble can lead you from here if he doesn't mind.

pdasterly

pdasterly

Looks like root rot and lockout to me, maybe at some point nute burn? Idk. How often do you do water changes and do you use a dechlorinator?

Your probably going to need someone with more experience than me to help you fix this. Maybe @heisenbubble can lead you from here if he doesn't mind.
changed water 2 weeks ago, my rez is very large so ec and ph rarely move, no dechlorinator but i used to use prime

chemistry

chemistry

Is your pot sitting in the water, if so, drop your water to an inch below your pot and see if it clears up. A week is what I find normal for changes with my setup in DWC.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

changed water 2 weeks ago, my rez is very large so ec and ph rarely move, no dechlorinator but i used to use prime
Did these issues start around then or within a week after? Thinking clorine might be the initial culprit and yes I think 1-2 inches below the pot for water level like @chemistry said is a also a good place to start.

pdasterly

pdasterly

Is your pot sitting in the water, if so, drop your water to an inch below your pot and see if it clears up. A week is what I find normal for changes with my setup in DWC.
i think i should wait a few more days then to drop water level, dont want to make too many changes, i just added the pumps on saturday

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

i think i should wait a few more days then to drop water level, dont want to make too many changes, i just added the pumps on saturday
Will also help lowering water level to get circulation through the roots a bit better once they are bigger

H

heisen

Most important question how many gallons and how many watts of air pumps you running?how many buckets or totes and how many air stones total

pdasterly

pdasterly

Most important question how many gallons and how many watts of air pumps you running?how many buckets or totes and how many air stones total
700 gallons
1200 watts of air
15 totes including rez
76 stones, picked up 14 aqua lungs diffusers but unable to deploy yet

previously(last friday)
500 watts
30 stones(5 per pump)

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Just my thinking but I dont think 500 watts was bad and 1200 would be overkill. Curious to see what heisenbubble think on this. I know ppl think 1watt per gallon but I think that's overkill personally.

pdasterly

pdasterly

Just my thinking but I dont think 500 watts was bad and 1200 would be overkill. Curious to see what heisenbubble think on this. I know ppl think 1watt per gallon but I think that's overkill personally.
thats my personality type(overkill) plus i wanted to eliminate any doubt

H

heisen

Air is like calmag,better to have more than not enough.hard to overdose it.
I feel like I remember this thread a while back and the guy kinda fell off.

pdasterly

pdasterly

Air is like calmag,better to have more than not enough.hard to overdose it.
I feel like I remember this thread a while back and the guy kinda fell off.
yes, its me. trying to make this system work, i added more air and covered top with visqueen plastic and added an exhaust

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom